Responding to E-mail

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I've had some e-mails since Karr has been arrested and there is one I'd like to repond to on the forum.

The lady wrote this:-

First of all, I'd like to sympathise with this lady regarding the Columbine story. That was a dreadful thing. I was personally touched by the Dunblane shooting and I can only imagine how I'd feel if a similar thing happened.

Regarding the photo, I assume the lady is referring to RiverRat's avatar! I don't actually see it when I'm reading here because there is a member setting to switch avatars off and I have done that because I find them distracting!

Next off, the photo is Patsy herself. It appeared in the newspapers a few years ago - seemingly with Patsy's blessing as she posed for a few others at the time.

I agree it's a horrible and rather shocking photo and we discussed it on the forums at the time. I personally think she was just coughing and got caught mid-cough by a camera - but that's the media for you! It reminds me of the time that I saw a photo of a much reviled celebrity attending her husband's funeral. The celebrity had a huge grin on her face and the caption stated "The grieving widow...".

2. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

There are a couple of ways to handle this. We can ignore this person altogether though she has a valid point IMHO. RRat can chose to change her avatar, or this thread can become a sticky so that anyone offended by that picture knows that the picture is in fact Patsy Ramsey and not some ghoulish behavior by an Internet poster. My suggestion would be to blow the picture up and post it at the top of the thread should the thread become a sticky so that there is no mistaking who is in the photo.

3. Jayelles

I agree, I think she does have a valid point - which was why I posted her e-mail.

I don't take jameson's litle group at all seriously because they beat away at their Ramsey love drum and I just get this strong sense that they have a strong agenda and are therefore way too biased to be rational.

Tricia has worked really hard over the past weeks and FFJ has been mentioned on National TV and local radios several times. As a result, we've had visits from people who might never have visited otherwise. What are they going to see? This may be a one-off opportunity to make the important points to a large audience.

ETA - it never occurred to me that people might not recognise Patsy in that photo! It's a horrible photo but I don't see if because I have the avatars switched off.

4. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Here is the photo in a size that should make it more obvious that it is actually Patsy in the picture.

Attached Files:

5. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

I've included a second picture here that came out at the same time. They were probably sequential shots or taken in a series and close to sequential.

In looking at the two pictures it's difficult to believe that Patsy may have been coughing but it's nice to give her the benefit of the doubt especially knowing she was a drama queen.

Attached Files:

6. Jayelles

Yes, I remember that there were several photos in that shoot. Does anyone have a link to the article? Didn't Patsy give a brief interview?

7. Actually, it was that horrible contrived "grief" photo that absolutely did it for me... ain't no way that evil, selfish woman is without guilt in this. DISGUSTING! I was pretty much RDI anyway just based on the evidence alone (the REAL evidence, that is), but that photo was totally the clincher.

UGH! Turns my stomach.

8. South

South Member

Jayelles, you are too kind, thinking Patsy was coughing. She's giving the "I'm choking" sign. I've never seen anyone grab their throat like that for a mere cough. And believe me, I see a lot of coughing in my job.
    Maybe she was choking with grief, because I really believe she adored JB.
    Maybe RiverRat could put a line under her name to indicate the pic is Patsy.

9. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I can't imagine reporters leaving in droves because they may not like some things they see from a poster.

Lots of folks here have a weird sense of humor and things get said and shown, I think people who work and live in the real world know they are not going to always going to like what they encounter.

I'm not in favor of becoming what we're not to impress people. A child was murdered and people should come here to learn the facts of the case not look for dustbunnies.

10. Jayelles

I don't know. I certainly was put off jameosn's website because I always came away with this impression that I could never find the facts for the spin. I take most of what I read there with a huge pinch of salt because it's so innaccurate and biased towards the Ramseys.

11. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I agree with Freebird. The picture of Patsy is what it is - a picture of Patsy at JB's grave. It was taken during a photo shoot. I don't think anyone on this forum should change anything for the press. It is, in fact, up to the press to correct the misinformation they have been fed by the RST ever since JonBenet was murdered in her home. If they are put off by a picture of Patsy that she was posing for in the first place, I would call that petty.

12. Jayelles

You're missing the point WY. The person who e-mailed me didn't recognise that the picture was of Patsy and doesn't seem to be aware that this was part of a photo shoot which Patsy seems to have participated in. The e-mailer thought it was of someone making a hideous post at JonBenet's grave - and likened it to people photographing themselves at COlumbine School lying down as though they'd been shot.

Patsy's face is so contorted in that photo that it doesn't really look like her.

13. sue

sue Member

I think that was the 'look' she was going for.
    That might be a good idea. When I saw the picture, I thought it was Patsy, but it is hard to tell from the small size. I can see how someone might think it is someone else who has had a picture of themself posing on Jonbenet's grave.

14. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

There are so many things I find offensive in this case, the avatars and phuckkings and other on the egde things are not even in the running.

I guess the fact that a child was brutally murdered and noone has been held accountable and people have been silenced with strongarm tactics is so offensive to me that I can't work up a sweat over the small stuff.

15. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Well, no, I really didn't miss the point. I knew what that woman was referencing, and I did understand why she was concerned. I still don't think it's necessary to change avatars because someone is offended by them. The picture has been identified as Patsy Ramsey, and while I agree it's not a good picture of her, I suppose RR had her reasons for wanting to display that particular photo of Patsy. Some of us see Patsy's displays of public emotion as shallow and fake. I'm one of those people.

16. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

JeezzzzzPete - I use the picture of Patsy at JonBenet's grave because it IS very offensive and a constant reminder to the world of the offensive behavior that set the stage for this picture. As soon as John stages a photo op at Patsy's grave - I will switch my pic. Maybe.

17. RiverRat

Thanks Jay - just let me know if there is an apology for the mix up as I would NEVER have done such a thing.........Unbelievable. This deserved a thread? Instead of clarifying through e-mail?!

18. babyboomer

babyboomer Member

No doubt the photo in question will not appear because I attempted to copy and paste it here. *sigh*

Here's my take on this photo: Patsy does not seem to be coughing to me. Not at all. Most adults cover their mouths when they cough, for one thing, and eyes close. In any case a cougher doesn't look like this IMO.

No, she's emoting. Granted, she's not much of an emoter but she's doing her best to convey "grief." It reminds me of the Jon Lovitz character, the great ac- TOR. It's big, showy and not credible and comes out of the Sarah Heartburn (thanks, Daddy!) School of Capital-A Acting.

She is clasping her chest although she has missed the target: her heart, and her hands are closer to her throat. I could make a comment on why she couldn't find the target, but I will refrain.

Still, the problem is one of perception. When the photo was only a small avatar I couldn't see who it was either, but I didn't get the mocking perception this emailer did. And that emailer is clearly a respectful person who deserves a reply. If she misperceived it, others might as well.

19. RiverRat

See......that is why I do it.

20. twinkiesmom

twinkiesmom Member

Well, RR could always change her avatar to the cracked skull, but I think the current pic is more tasteful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice