Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher
    I mean, unless I misread it, she WAS taking it, right?
    I don't think we know for sure if she was taking it prior to the murder but.......and I can't find it, I do belive that in one of the transcriptions......that I read this morning she was asked what kind of drugs she had been prescribed and I think one of them was Klonopin.

Also....we're just spectulating as to "what if" she had been on that med and had suddenly quit..

Someone with more patience than I here.....can hopefully find this somewhere. It's in a section where she's giving a deposition........just adding this now......
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Edited to ADD THIS
    Barbara at the begining of this thread......say's it came from a interview with Mike Kane.........this:

Barbara posted:
    Yes, this is a fact, as noted in the 1998 interviews.

MIKE KANE: Any other medications along that line that she's taking?

JOHN RAMSEY: No, I don't think --

MIKE KANE: Not now?

JOHN RAMSEY: Well, earlier on, we also took, it was like, I could never have been a doctor.

MIKE KANE: Xanax?

JOHN RAMSEY: No. Klonopin.

MIKE KANE: Klonopin?

JOHN RAMSEY: Klonopin. And that was kind of on an as needed basis for a while. It was kind of a quick, picker upper, I guess.

MY OPINION........Not only is John Ramsey evasive, I think he's STUPID!
    NAW.........dumb like a Fox is more like it!

xxxxxxxxxxoooooo
    mama

Klonopin doesn't cause very many side effects. You wouldn't even be able to tell if someone is taking it. I know from experience. It depends on the dosage. For anxiety, the dosage would be fairly low.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    Klonopin doesn't cause very many side effects. You wouldn't even be able to tell if someone is taking it. I know from experience. It depends on the dosage. For anxiety, the dosage would be fairly low.
    This was true in my case. I had no side effects except that it almost instantly stopped any panic attack that was beginning. I think I was taking .5 mg, maybe even .2 mg. But I almost never get side effects from any medication I take - I'm unusual that way. I know the doctor would not increase my dosage unless I was really not functioning at all.

And, I never had any reaction when I stopped it. None at all.

Heymom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    This was true in my case. I had no side effects except that it almost instantly stopped any panic attack that was beginning. I think I was taking .5 mg, maybe even .2 mg. But I almost never get side effects from any medication I take - I'm unusual that way. I know the doctor would not increase my dosage unless I was really not functioning at all.

And, I never had any reaction when I stopped it. None at all.

Heymom
    But did you take it daily? Morning and/or evening regular dose?

From experience, taking Klonopin on a daily basis or on an "as needed" basis did not produce any side effects. I think this is one of the reasons why it is prescribed over Xanax and Valium. And, as heymom stated, stopping it does not cause any problems either.
    Last edited by Carol; August 31, 2006, 9:02 pm at Thu Aug 31 21:02:22 UTC 2006. Reason: spelling error

I think myself people respond differently to medicaction. I have been on Klonopin (0.5mg twice a day) along with my Topomax (.25 3 tab morning and 3 tab at night) for seizures. I have epilepsy. I still fucntion fine. I have been on this dosage for 4 years. A whole lot better than before the meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    From experience, taking Klonopin on a daily basis or on an "as needed" basis did not produce any side effects. I think this is one of the reasons why it is prescribed over Xanax and Valium. And, as heymom stated, stopping it does not cause any problems either.
    It is true that Klonopin has less side effects than Xanax and Valium, but at higher, prolonged dosages, there are withdrawal symptoms ESPECIALLY if the medication is stopped abruptly. That's why doctors will taper a patient off of the drug slowly if they have been at a high, regular dose.

The brain gets used to receiving the drug dosage and will "rebel" when it doesn't arrive. At a small, or PRN (as needed) dose, there may be few or no withdrawal symptoms noticed. However, every person's brain chemistry is different, and those with an underlying mood disorder (such as depression) often experience withdrawal symptoms more severely than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    But did you take it daily? Morning and/or evening regular dose?
    No, it was as needed. For a short while, every day, but only when I felt the panic coming on. I don't know how many other people take it in that manner, but it worked for me.

Heymom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    No, it was as needed. For a short while, every day, but only when I felt the panic coming on. I don't know how many other people take it in that manner, but it worked for me.

Heymom
    And that was my point, Heymom ... ... you were able to stop it with no side effects because you only took it PRN. You weren't on a regular, everyday dosage for over two months; therefore, your body wasn't addicted to it.

I only bring up this point in reference to Patsy's use of Klonopin and whether she took a regular daily dose (not low dose) for a fairly long period of time. We do know Patsy was prescribed the Klonopin to help with her chemo side effects, but it can also be prescribed as a daily dose (not just PRN) to control anxiety and panic attacks. If Patsy did take Klonopin every day for several months, and then tried to abruptly stop the drug, I guarantee that by the next day, she would have felt some very unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    And that was my point, Heymom ... ... you were able to stop it with no side effects because you only took it PRN. You weren't on a regular, everyday dosage for over two months; therefore, your body wasn't addicted to it.

I only bring up this point in reference to Patsy's use of Klonopin and whether she took a regular daily dose (not low dose) for a fairly long period of time. We do know Patsy was prescribed the Klonopin to help with her chemo side effects, but it can also be prescribed as a daily dose (not just PRN) to control anxiety and panic attacks. If Patsy did take Klonopin every day for several months, and then tried to abruptly stop the drug, I guarantee that by the next day, she would have felt some very unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
    Agree completely. Taking Klonopin at higher dosages over longer periods of time causes dependency. No argument there. What would her dosage have been for the chemo side effects, do you think?

Heymom

I've looked for a source for info on that drug and can't find anything on it tonight, but will continue looking. Please kick me for thinking out loud - I do apologize if I'm mistaken on it. While looking I did find this from the 6/98 PR interview about a panic attack prior to the murder:

23 TOM HANEY: These panic attacks

24 that you mentioned, was that the first time that

25 you had suffered through one of those or had you

1 had those prior?

2 PATSY RAMSEY: I had had one one

3 other time, when I was in Boulder Community

4 Hospital in the cancer clinic. And it was about

5 midway through my chemo session, my nine-month

6 session, and I guess all of sudden it just kind

7 of came crashing in as to what was really

8 happening. And I started trembling and shaking.

9 The numbness in my lips.

10 TOM HANEY: Those were your normal

11 symptoms?

12 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah. It was gone

13 in a little bit, you know.

14 TOM HANEY: Outside of those two

15 episodes, have you had others?

16 PATSY RAMSEY: (Shaking head).

From what I could find on-line, the dosage for pain management in cancer patients would be .5 mg 3 times a day--a total of 1.5 mg. If used for panic attacks, it starts at .5 mg per day up to as much as 4 mg per day. Dosing for seizures can get to as much 20 mg per day.

Do we know for certain that Patsy was taking Klonopine in 1996? The 1998 depositions indicate usage after the murder, but I've found no reference to taking it for the chemo side effects. If she was taking it for pain, I would presume it was a long term treatment since she'd been out of chemo for a couple of years.

All this may just be another dead end, but if it's true it might explain a lot as to "motive".
    JanPat