Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

All I know is, she appeared in several interviews like she didn't know which way was up. That rings a few bells.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

I must have missed this topic during the Patsy Passing and Karr Krash time period last year.......excellant info, gang! Great to see that I am far from being alone in questioning just how well John really knew his wife or how well he really covered for her.
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat
    I must have missed this topic during the Patsy Passing and Karr Krash time period last year.......excellant info, gang! Great to see that I am far from being alone in questioning just how well John really knew his wife or how well he really covered for her.
    me too.
    I had not seen it before. Very interesting discussion.
    So, if you were 6 yrs old, would you eat pineapple with a stranger in the middle of the night? What about the pineapple that was found in Jonbenet's small intestine?

Klonopin, like other anti-seizure medications, in my line of work is also used as a "behavioral" drug. I have many people who take Tegretol, Klonopin, Depakote, etc. for behavior management, even though there is no seizure history.

For some psychiatrists, they prefer these medications to antipsychotics.

Klonopin is known in my field as the #1 cause of drooling and a second medication is usually prescribed to stop the drooling (cogentin)
    PATSY RAMSEY WROTE THE RANSOM NOTE
    SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT FOR AN INTRUDER.
    PLEASE READ CHEROKEE'S ANALYSIS

http://66.98.176.96/~tricia/forums/s...ead.php?t=6404

Sometimes antipsychotic meds don't prevent the psychosis, especially when the patient wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    Klonopin, like other anti-seizure medications, in my line of work is also used as a "behavioral" drug. I have many people who take Tegretol, Klonopin, Depakote, etc. for behavior management, even though there is no seizure history.

For some psychiatrists, they prefer these medications to antipsychotics.

Klonopin is known in my field as the #1 cause of drooling and a second medication is usually prescribed to stop the drooling (cogentin)

Klonopin as far as I know is used in lieu of xanax, as xanax is highly addictive. I have never heard of drooling with this drug. It is used as an antixiety drug and an antidpressant as is xanax, but less addictive.

sboyd,
    Can either or both drugs be taken on an as needed basis?
    I'm asking because a friend of mine is deathly afraid of flying. Her dr. prescribed Xanax for her and she only takes it when she flies.

Quote Originally Posted by tylin
    sboyd,
    Can either or both drugs be taken on an as needed basis?
    I'm asking because a friend of mine is deathly afraid of flying. Her dr. prescribed Xanax for her and she only takes it when she flies.
    Yes, they can be taken PRN (as needed). It is only the steady taking of either drug over several weeks that gets the brain used to having the drug and thus forms the basis for physical addiction.
    Last edited by Cherokee; April 2, 2007, 5:32 pm at Mon Apr 2 17:32:27 UTC 2007. Reason: typo

Thank you Cherokee.

Tylin, when I was using Klonopin, I only took it when I felt a panic attack coming on. It shuts off the "rat-brain" as I call it - the thoughts that scramble around in your head looking for something to chew on. I got very calm and could think logically and clearly instead of just dissolving into a heap of fear and anxiety. I could make decisions and not freak out about everything. I never took Xanax but I have heard it has a similar effect.

My dear father suffered from anxiety attacks all his life, but we never knew it until he was so sick he couldn't work it off, which was his normal method of coping. So I come by the tendency through him. :confused:
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Tylin, when I was using Klonopin, I only took it when I felt a panic attack coming on. It shuts off the "rat-brain" as I call it - the thoughts that scramble around in your head looking for something to chew on. I got very calm and could think logically and clearly instead of just dissolving into a heap of fear and anxiety. I could make decisions and not freak out about everything. I never took Xanax but I have heard it has a similar effect.

My dear father suffered from anxiety attacks all his life, but we never knew it until he was so sick he couldn't work it off, which was his normal method of coping. So I come by the tendency through him. :confused:
    heymom,
    Thanks so much for the information. I suffered from panic attacks when my thyroid went nuts. Luckily that was fairly easy to control. I took Ativan for a month and found the correct dosage of thyroid meds to take. But I will never, ever forget how scary the panic attacks were.
    (Like your father, my husband suffered from them for years. His problem was finally diagnosed after visiting his 4th dr. )

Tylin, I got my worst panic attacks when I was hyper-thyroid too. In fact, I nearly ended my life, things were so awful. The endo I was seeing didn't want to treat me, said my "hot" thyroid nodule would burn itself up eventually. He didn't quite understand the depth of my despair...It was the birth of my 2nd child that sparked all this hormone disruption...I was depressed AND had panic attacks, insomnia, anorexia, I was a MESS.

I was put on anti-depressants and Klonopin to take when necessary, and gradually, I came back into life again.

Eventually, my thyroid stopped functioning and I now have to take supplemental thyroid. I've been up and down with that little gland and I wish I could have a regular, healthy one back! It truly can cause so much chaos in one's life...

But even before my 2nd child, I had panic attacks, so it's not his fault. Klonopin worked absolute wonders for me. I probably should have had a lot of therapy too...oh well, TMI isn't it???
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!