Rachel Cooke - A Father's Daily Journal

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by JR, Mar 16, 2002.

1. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

2. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

RC

You said this in your journal...

"I have to maintain strength though. Rachel, I made you a promise two months ago. I'm not giving up. Not here, not now........not yet."
    ~~~~~~~~
    Good for you RC...I applaud your strength, even though you may feel weaker on some days than other ones...it is so important that you, the family, stay strong and hopeful...no easy feat as the days go by, but necessary all the same.

Please know that you are in our prayers daily...you, your family, and Rachel...the one who needs your strength more now than ever.

4. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

RC

Sending out my prayers for you to keep positive thoughts and the strength to follow through on your promise to Rachel.

I hope that all of you, RC, Janet, Joanne, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Elaine and the rest of the Cooke family know that my thoughts are continually with you and that I pray that each day gives you renewed strength.

I continue to pray for Rachel's safety and return to the family as well.

Please know that some of us will not give up until we have brought Rachel home. Please, lean on us when you start to feel the situation is hopeless.

5. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND

One night I dreamed I was walking
    Along the beach with the Lord.
    Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
    In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.

Sometimes there were two sets of footprints.
    Other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that
    During the low periods of my life when I was
    Suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
    I could see only one set of footprints,

So I said to the Lord, "You promised me,
    Lord, that if I followed You,
    You would walk with me always.
    But I noticed that during the most trying periods
    Of my life there have only been
    One set of prints in the sand.

Why, When I have needed You most,
    You have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,

"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints

Is when I carried you."

By Mary Stevenson

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I've always loved

that poem, JR, it's actually been a mainstay in my own life, and there have been times when I really needed it. Nothing like what RC and his family are going through, though. Not a day goes by that I don't think of Rachel and where could she be. Just the fact that she has NOT been found in any of the areas that have been search lends hope that she will be found. There is nothing I can do except pray, and that is something I give freely. Don't ever give up - not ever.

7. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Footprints in the Sand

JR,

"Footprints in the Sand" has always been my favorite Christian Poem. I pray every day that God will help us find Rachel. The other day I finally realized that he has been helping all along.

He has given me strength and provided a support system of friends and family. I could not continue this without those.

Another poem has been a part of my life too, "Miles to go before I sleep". As I said in my journal, I'm not done yet. Rachel is still out there and it's too early to stop looking.

RC

8. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Especially for you RC

<html>
    <body text="#000099" bgcolor="#CCFFFF" link="#00CC00" vlink="#FF0000" alink="#993366">
    <u>Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening</u> by Robert Frost
    <p>Whose woods these are I think I know.
    His house is in the village though;
    He will not see me stopping here
    To watch his woods fill up with snow.
    <p>My little horse must think it queer
    To stop without a farmhouse near.
    Between the woods and frozen lake
    The darkest evening of the year.
    <p>He gives his harness bells a shake
    To ask if there is some mistake.
    The only other sound's the sweep
    Of easy wind and downy flake.
    <p>The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    </body>
    </html>

9. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Bump

10. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

RC

Each day I read your journal and know that it must get more difficult to update as you face another day without knowledge of where Rachel is. Janet's artwork brings me to tears each time I look at it though it is beautiful.

Continuing to send my thoughts and prayers to the Cooke Family.

11. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Journal is up to date

KVUE finally posted my latest journal entries to their site. Hopefully they will get them updated on a regular basis from now on. I send them in every day.

If it gets out of date again I will add a copy to rachelcookesearch.org.

12. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Dear RC,

Promises to keep....

May the Good Lord give you strength for each day, so you can keep your promises to Rachel. Rest assured that our prayers are with you on this journey.

13. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

New Journal Entries

I am in the process of creating journal entries starting on the day that Rachel disappeared, January 10, 2002, until when the current January started in late February. I think it's important for people to know what it's like from the very beginning.

kvue.com is trying to decide how to emphasize the new entries since it is really on the bottom of the journal. What I want them to is to divide the journal up by month.

14. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

RC

Here is one of my favorite passages from <u>The Prophet</u> by Kahlil Gibran
    <p>You are good when you walk to your goal firmly and with bold steps. Yet you are not evil when you go thither limping. Even those who limp go not backward.
    <p>I know that each day gets more difficult for you, but remember, your friends are here for you to lean on.

Hugs to all of you.
    </body>
    </html>

15. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Our friends and family are our foundation

JR,
    Without friends and family helping Janet and I would have been at a much greater loss. People like you have supported us and have kept us strong and focused.

Thank you for your continuing support.
    RC

16. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Missing joournal entries are complete

I have completed typing up the missing days between the day Rachel was abducted on January 10th and when I started the journal on kvue.com

Those entries will be posted one week at a time until the kvue.com journal contains every daily entry starting on January 10.

17. AustinGirl

AustinGirl Member

Prayers for your family

I have two teenage sons, one 19 and one 17. Rachel's story touched my heart from the beginning. I will be at the walk tomorrow.

18. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

new journal location

Due to the fact that kvue.com has moved my journal behind into a registration only area I have decided to place a copy on http://www.rachelcookesearch.org.

My sister Elaine is correcting my grammer mistakes and I will post the months this week. So far I have an introduction, January 2002 and February 2002 on the site. The navigator at the top has a link to the pages. Refresh your browser if you don't see the link.

I will continue to send journal updates to kvue.com also.

19. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

More months are added

I added an introduction, the months of March and April to rachelcookesearch.org. Hopfully, I will have May and the first half of June there soon.

20. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

The bumper stickers are here

The first 250 Help find Rachel Cooke bumper stickers are here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice