How John and Patsy got together with Michael Tracey in 1998

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by wombat, Sep 3, 2006.

1. wombat

wombat Member

It seems to have been missed in all the recent brouhaha, but there’s an entire chapter on Professor Michael Tracey in that masterpiece of spin, “Death of Innocenceâ€, by John and Patsy Ramsey. It’s about how they decided to work with Tracey – WHILE THE GRAND JURY WAS SITTING. The first part of this chapter is styled as being written by Patsy Ramsey, which seems to be the case if you are a student of her grandiose, narcissistic, manipulative writing (such as can be found in the ransom note). Pages 277-279:

Chapter 26 – JonBenet’s America

…snip…

The rest of the chapter is John describing how the documentary was tweaked so that it could be put on A&E’s Investigative Reports. Here’s the conclusion to the chapter:

Oh, please. The documentary was produced while the Rs were expecting to be indicted. It would have been ready to be broadcast to the jury pool right after indictments were released. John and the Patster got a hold of this self-important pub-dwelling professor and turned him for their purposes. How ironic that the alleged topic of this first Tracey opus was the corruption of the press, after all we witnessed in the last few weeks.

How nice of them to compare Peter Boyles to a drug dealer. Boyles must have truly gotten under their skin. Good work!

2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I have to laugh at John's we weren't paid a dime....as if he and Patsy are trying to look generous....while spewing their propaganda.

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Oh MY! Did the Ramseys refer to Channel 4 as a "STATION"????? I wonder if Michael Tracey corrected them? LOL

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Once More......

According to Lead Detective Steve Thomas - Page 281 Hardback

"Meanwhile we found out that while the Ramseys would NOT talk to us, they were giving interviews for a film being cobbled together by a University of Colorado journalism teacher and two Newsweek reporters. It became known as their "crockumentary."

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

January 14, 2000

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/2000/14brams.html

Ramsey witnesses urge probe

Fleet and Priscilla White accuse CU professor Michael Tracey of incompetence

By Matt Sebastian
    Camera Staff Writer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two key witnesses in the JonBenét Ramsey investigation have asked the University of Colorado to investigate a CU professor over allegations of "gross professional incompetence."

The two, Fleet and Priscilla White, accuse professor Michael Tracey of trying to build public support for JonBenét's parents, who are under suspicion in the 6-year-old's death.

"Mr. Tracey should be encouraged to discontinue any further academic or teaching duties," the Whites wrote in a Nov. 17 letter to CU's Board of Regents.

University officials, though, are backing Tracey, a journalism professor who co-produced a 1998 documentary about media coverage of the unsolved slaying.

"Certainly, given his academic freedom and his research agenda, we don't have any problem with the documentary he did," Vice Chancellor Phil DiStefano said.

Tracey's documentary, originally titled "JonBenét's America" and initially aired in England, featured a rare interview with John and Patsy Ramsey.

Despite Tracey's claims that the film wouldn't be shown locally until after a Boulder County grand-jury inquest, a Denver television aired the documentary about a month before the panel convened to hear evidence in the slaying.

"Mr. Tracey was attempting to deflect suspicion from the Ramseys on the eve of the grand jury investigation," the Whites wrote.

"Of course I tried to influence the public," Tracey responded. "But not about the case. Rather, it was about the way the case has been presented to the public.

"One of the jobs of an academic, in my view, is to raise ideas and make people think. That's why I made the damned thing."

The Whites urged university officials to examine Tracey's "commercially beneficial arrangement with the prime suspects in an ongoing murder investigation."

CU spokeswoman Bobbi Barrow said that aside from reimbursed expenses, Tracey didn't earn any income from the project.

Boulder oilman Fleet White was with his friend John Ramsey when Ramsey found his daughter's slain body Dec. 26, 1996, in the basement of his 15th Street home. Priscilla White also was in the residence at the time.

"We don't have any further comment," Priscilla White told the Daily Camera on Thursday.

Boulder County's grand jury disbanded in October after 13 months at work. No charges were filed, although officials said the Ramseys remain under suspicion.

The Whites have discussed the case with Boulder police and prosecutors, as well as with the Ramseys' attorneys and investigators. But their only public communication has come in written form.

The couple has penned several letters urging the removal of District Attorney Alex Hunter
    Hunter
    from the Ramsey case. Two Colorado governors have denied the requests.

Recently, the Whites made two public appearances — albeit silently. They attended prosecutor Mary Keenan's announcement last month of her candidacy for district attorney. And they watched last week as Hunter secured more funding from county commissioners for the Ramsey case.

"Please be assured that we will not remain silent in this matter," the Whites wrote. "We have enormous incentive to prevent Mr. Tracey or anyone else from improperly influencing the investigation of JonBenét's murder."

January 14, 2000
    :verdict:

6. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Someone needs to explain what a documentry is to Mr. Tracey. Let's see if he gets it:

Main Entry: 1doc·u·men·ta·ry
    Pronunciation: -'men-t&-rE, -'men-trE
    Function: adjective
    1 : being or consisting of documents : contained or certified in writing <documentary evidence>
    2 : of, relating to, or employing documentation in literature or art; broadly : FACTUAL, OBJECTIVE <a documentary film of the war>
    - doc·u·men·tar·i·ly /-m&n-'ter-&-lE, -"men-/ adverb

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/documentary

factual
    One entry found for factual.

Main Entry: fac·tu·al
    Pronunciation: 'fak-ch&-w&l, -ch&l, -chü-&l, 'faksh-w&l
    Etymology: fact + -ual (as in actual)
    1 : of or relating to facts <a factual error>
    2 : restricted to or based on fact <a factual statement>
    - fac·tu·al·i·ty /"fak-ch&-'wa-l&-tE/ noun
    - fac·tu·al·ly /'fak-ch&-w&-lE, -ch&-lE, -chü(-&)-lE, 'faksh-w&-/ adverb
    - fac·tu·al·ness noun

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/factual

objective
    4 entries found for objective.
    To select an entry, click on it.
    objective[1,adjective]objective[2,noun]objective complementobjective correlative

Main Entry: 1ob·jec·tive
    Pronunciation: &b-'jek-tiv, äb-
    1 a : relating to or existing as an object of thought without consideration of independent existence -- used chiefly in medieval philosophy b : of, relating to, or being an object , phenomenon, or condition in the realm of sensible experience independent of individual thought and perceptible by all observers : having reality independent of the mind <objective reality> <our reveries...are significantly and repeatedly shaped by our transactions with the objective world -- Marvin Reznikoff> -- compare SUBJECTIVE 3a c of a symptom of disease : perceptible to persons other than the affected individual -- compare SUBJECTIVE 4c d : involving or deriving from sense perception or experience with actual objects , conditions, or phenomena <objective awareness> <objective data>
    2 : relating to, characteristic of, or constituting the case of words that follow prepositions or transitive verbs
    3 a : expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations <objective art> <an objective history of the war> <an objective judgment> b of a test : limited to choices of fixed alternatives and reducing subjective factors to a minimum (emphasis mine)
    synonym see MATERIAL, FAIR
    - ob·jec·tive·ly adverb
    - ob·jec·tive·ness noun
    - ob·jec·tiv·i·ty /"äb-"jek-'ti-v&-tE, &b-/ noun

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/objective

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice