Wall Street Journal Editorial

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

How did we miss this?

:clap:

2. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Barbara

Barbara, you are certainly right on top of things in this case. That Editorial, from, of all places, the prestigious Wall Street Journal, may very well be a good omen.
    The public’s interest is usually aroused by righteous indignation from credible sources.

“Impossible not to be reminded, too, of what the prosperous and influential Ramseys could achieve, by way of legal protection. Impossible to imagine, either, any one of those scores of accused citizens of modest means, facing investigations of child abuse filed by ambitious prosecutors, doing what the Ramseys could do--namely, refuse to meet with police and submit to questioning other than on their own terms.

It is possible no one will ever know who killed JonBenet Ramsey. We can know, with certainty, as that case among others has proved, how much legal protection enough money can buy.â€

Ms. Rabinowitz should be congratulated for writing this, and the Wall Street Journal should be congratulated for printing it. And, Barbara should be congratulated for bringing this to our attention.

Yes indeed, things are looking up for all those of us who thirst for justice.

:leaf:

Thanks also, Barbara, for your comments at Greenleaf's Corner.

3. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"Impossible not to be reminded, too, of what the prosperous and influential Ramseys could achieve, by way of legal protection. Impossible to imagine, either, any one of those scores of accused citizens of modest means, facing investigations of child abuse filed by ambitious prosecutors, doing what the Ramseys could do--namely, refuse to meet with police and submit to questioning other than on their own terms."

Yeah, I'd like to see one of US try that!

4. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Finally!

A reporter who's researched the case!

5. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

They left out that 4 years ago the bus witness said he was 5'11" and between 35-50 and looked like Santa McReynolds. And this was scattered among his web pages claiming he met John Wayne Gacy and why Ted K. was not the unabomber!!

6. love_mama

love_mama Member

I just read this in the Journal (I subscribe)..........but had to go online to get this bio :

She tell's it like it is huh! A very bright gal!

"Dorothy Rabinowitz is a member of the editorial board of The Wall Street Journal. She writes "Critic at Large," an occasional column for the Journal's editorial page, which also appears on OpinionJournal.com as "Dorothy Rabinowitz's Media Log." She won the 2001 Pulitzer Prize in commentary for her 2000 articles on American culture and society.

Ms. Rabinowitz joined the Journal in June 1990 as an editorial page writer and TV critic. She was named to the paper's editorial board in May 1996.

Before joining the Journal, Ms. Rabinowitz was a freelance writer, syndicated columnist and commentator on New York's WWOR-TV News. She is the author of "New Lives," a book about survivors of death camps, published in 1976 by Alfred Knopf, and "Home Life," a book about old age, published by Macmillan in 1970.

Ms. Rabinowitz is a three-time Pulitzer Prize finalist. She received the 1997 Champion of Justice Award from the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers in recognition of her journalistic achievements and commending her in particular for her writing on false sexual abuse charges. In 1993 she won the Distinguished Writing Award from the American Society of Newspaper Editors in the commentary category.

A New Yorker, Ms. Rabinowitz earned a bachelor's degree from Queens College and did postgraduate work at New York University, while teaching in the English departments at NYU and the Pratt Institute."

xxxxxxoooo
    mama

7. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

What also was NOT mentioned was that it was none other than Hartman who "broke" the story about the "bus witness" and I have that on good authority!

8. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

I agree with Greenleaf ... Ms. Rabinowitz and the Wall Street Journal should be congratulated. EMAIL THEM!

I rarely agree with the WSJ's editorial page, they being far to the political Right of me ... but this was excellent. Great find, Barbara ... it's very encouraging that such a respected news outlet would get the tone correct (especially from their editorial staff).

BTW ... in your emails, don't forget to extend an invitation for Ms. Rabinowitz to visit FFJ ... perhaps providing direct links to a favorite thread or three.

Keep the pressure on.

...YumYum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice