Burke Ramsey... the missing link

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Kangatruth, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

Perhaps the most puzzling identity in this whole macabre mystery is Burke Ramsey.

Apologies if we are covering well trodden ground.. but I couldn't get much sense from searches..

this kid..is what...19 or so now.. whats happened to him post the murder of his sister ??

I would find it hard to think that he is living a "normal' life... I would have to think that he is in some way disturbed by the event of that Christmas.

What happened to Burke in the years that follwed.. has he displayed any outward manifestation of guilt..or harow..??

he's like the stealth ramsey... seems to continually slip under the radar.. but he WAS there.. and it seems entirely ILLOGICAL to think he doesn't know more that an inkling about all this..

has he been barricaded away ??

am very curious..
    thanx in advance
    >:~))

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  2. adair

adair Member

That horrible night/morning when they found the 'ransom' note....the parents are yelling and screaming and I assume running all over the house, but Burke slept thru all of this, or was he to afraid to come out of his room, or was he already out?? I am afraid this is another thing we will never know.

I think I heard/read somewhere Burke was going to Purdue....sorry I dont have a link.

jmo

3. tylin

tylin Banned

By all accounts, Burke moved with his mom and dad, finished school in Michigan and started college this year. He is now 19 yrs old and looks very much like his mom. If you click on the search feature here, there is a link to a current picture of him that was taken at his mom's funeral.

I would love to know if Burke will ever talk. I'm a believer in the enhanced 911 tape. (I heard it on television years ago and I definitely heard a child's voice at the end of the 911 call followed by a man's voice....I think it was Burke's voice followed by his dad's.)

I don't think Burke had any thing to do with his sister's murder but I don't think Burke slept through the night either. If only Burke would talk. I'm sure his papa and the family lawyer have warned him to forever keep his mouth shut.

4. sue

sue Member

I'm with you.

5. tylin

tylin Banned

Sue,
    Glad we agree. ;)
    BTW- I hope the media pays attention to your siggy line!

6. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

10 years is a long time for all of what took place that night to rattle around in his head..

I dont think he had any sinister involvement in the 'event' what ever that is.. but he's not entirely innocent by circumstance either..

im surprised the guy isnt a basket case to tell the truth !!
    He knows something..and cant or wont divulge..

people often feel guilt even wheen they havent done anything... often becasue they couldnt do anything....this kid is right in the midle of a nightmare..

and he's ok with this ??

very strange

7. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

To be absolutely accurate, the pineapple was not found in JB's stomach. It was found in her upper intestine. I know it's only a matter of a few inches, but since the forum is getting a lot of visits these days, the more accuracy we have, the better.

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I thought Burke acted like a space cadet from everything I saw of him on film and in pictures. I wouldn't expect a four or five year old to comprehend much of what was going on, but Burke was nine years old and old enough to grasp at least some of it. He was either a very immature nine year old or he was just so wrapped up in his own little world that he never showed what I would call appropriate respect or grief for his sister's death. Of course, I only saw brief shots of him walking behind his parents at the funeral, and I've only read of his leaving the house that morning to go to the Whites' house - no questions as to why the police were there or his mother was upset, no questions about what happened to JonBenet. It's possible that he did mourn his sister when the camera wasn't on him.

I always thought that picture of John and Patsy Ramsey walking (with smiles on their faces like they thought something was very amusing) and Burke walking behind them (with the same smile on his face) was bizarre. What on earth could be further from amusing than burying your murdered daughter and sister?

I believe Burke heard a lot that night. If his conscious mind has forgotten it, which is entirely possible, his unconscious mind has not forgotten. He's been brainwashed for years. His conscious mind most likely beileves his parents were innocent.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2006
  9. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

I think Burke is not a link in the chain and never was.

The amount of interest shown in this case due to the JMK fiasco tells me that a lot of people want to hear directly from Burke Ramsey. The older he gets the more likely it is those people will get their way. But, I think they will be disappointed. He won't have much to add, and it's not because of coaching or influence, he just doesn't know anything, he wasn't part of the proceedings.

10. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I've always wondered if Burke made any comments to the Whites that morning which is why the Whites haven't spoken in so many years.

It's quite possible that any conversation he made that morning, innocent or otherwise, at the White house has some bearing on the case. That would be quite possibly one of the few things left to hear from the Whites

Ahhh, to sit with Mr. White for a little while and chat.

11. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Burke was there the night JB was murdered. Burke has been with his parents every night since, he most defnetly is a link in this chain.

12. heymom

heymom Member

From what little I have read about Burke, he almost sounds as if he has Asberger's Syndrome or is slightly "quirky," (which is what people with these "syndromes" used to be called). His reactions aren't "normal" because he may be a person who doesn't feel emotions in the same way you and I would. Now, this is just speculation but in PMPT he is described by the gardener as always playing by himself, doing things on his own, not interacting with people the way JBR would. Not merely introverted. That might explain why he just went out of the house that morning and didn't ask any questions - and perhaps why he doesn't seem to be troubled now. He has put that night and morning into a category or a box in his mind, and it is not to be explored.

At some point, if his father passes away and he is asked, he may have astounding memories about that night and morning. If he's anywhere on the autistic spectrum, he might just remember every second.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2006
  13. wombat

wombat Member

Burke Ramsey is a socially active sophomore at Purdue University studying to be an engineer and is making good grades. He had a B+ average in high school (around 3.5 IIRC) and was on his high school swim team.

This doesn't sound like any syndromes to me (except maybe geek). There's no evidence he messed with his little sister and the police did not consider him to be a suspect. He was a little kid who had some tough smit to deal with (Mom with cancer and two sisters killed) and he is doing very well.

He is leading his life and I hope the press leaves him alone.

14. sue

sue Member

Thanks for the catch.
    I fixed it.

15. heymom

heymom Member

Well, you may be right - something just struck me about the way he seemed detached when interviewed, etc. That is just my impression and I don't know very much about him, other than what I have read so far and what has been discussed here on the forum (like how he asked about the detective's Rolex during the interview about what he knew about the killing).

I actually hope for his sake that he doesn't remember, if he did know, anything about that night and morning.

16. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Just to be accurate for all the newbies and guests... like WY said :) ...........

Burke wasn't eight when JonBenet was killed. He was nine, almost 10 years old. His birthday is in January.

If Burke doesn't remember that time in his life, it's because he has blocked it out of his conscious mind, but I wholeheartedly agree it's there in his subconscious. And someday, there will be a trigger that will make it all come back to him with full force.

17. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Burke's actions during that interview was that of a person who doesn't want to think, or talk, about the topic being discussed. It was typical "avoidance behavior."

You may be right about the Asperger's Syndrome but most people with that condition are very intelligent and able to function in society. Many "geeks" have undiagnosed Asperger's. There's nothing wrong with them, it's just that they process feelings and the world around them differently than the majority of the population.

But I still think a lot of Burke's behavior was dictated by his parents and by his wanting to avoid the subject of JonBenet's death. His actions are also typical of a person who blocks out a painful event so they don't have to deal with the emotions it elicits.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  18. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

he knows something...maybe not everything...maybe not the context...but he knows someting.. he simply logically has to..
    he may not want to.. he may not like to.. but he was in that house ..with very few people when his sister was murdered...paint it any which way you like.. he was there..it happened..he knows it !!

19. wombat

wombat Member

I knew somebody was going to go there.

WE'RE NOT "UNDIAGNOSED SYNDROME SUFFERERS!!!"

WE JUST LIKE MATH!!!

When I first read about this latest fad, Asperger's Syndrome, I laughed until the pens fell out of my pocket protector.

Half the people I work with could be "diagnosed" with this syndrome. They don''t look you in the eye, they don't care about minor emotions, they would SO much rather figure out the freaking flow for the air handling unit than smell the roses.

So what, it's not a syndrome. To me, it's like some psychologist ran out of things to do and decided to name a type of person a "syndrome" so they could get a paper published.

Back to Burke - I think it's really nasty to say he has this "condition" when we don't know him, and even nastier to link it to possible autism (as the shrinks are trying to do in general).

This I agree with, Cherokee. The poor kid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice