Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel XVI
    --This caused some speculation??? I would call that the mother of all understatements! "Oh, hi, judge, [lawyer or whatever]. This is John Ramsey. How's the wife and kids? Did you have a nice Christmas? It's two o'clock in the morning? Yeah, I guess it is. We were up late because of Christmas and all, and I thought I'd just give you a call. Well, while I have you, just out of idle curiosity, would you happen to know what's the minimum age to charge a kid with a crime in Colorado?"
    Oh, come on!

You're right Daniel, it would have been ridiculous, and it never happened.

I believe the only effort the Ramseys made to find out what could possibly happen to Burke was to open the dictionary and look up the word "incest".

Since the dictionary was found open and the page dog-eared to that word, I think it had to be related to Burke. I don't see John or Patsy saying to themselves, "Gee, am I guilty of incest? - I better look it up!"

Default maybe

Maybe Burke heard that word used and by adult Ramseys and looked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan
    Maybe Burke heard that word used and by adult Ramseys and looked it up.
    Maybe he was trying to get a message across without saying anything out loud.

Heymom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

In my opinion, Burke was the reason why John helped Patsy in the cover-up. But not because Burke had anything to do with the crime. I think it was done to spare Burke the horrible experience of having his mother exposed in public as the person who had killed his little sister in a rage.
    I can imagine that hadn't there Burke been left to care for, Patsy would have committed suicide after realizing what she had done to JonBenet.

But, rashomon, wouldn't John Ramsey have been worried about what Patsy might possibly do to Burke in a rage? I would think he wouldn't have wanted Patsy anywhere near her surviving child.

Cool

I didnt think JR could see much past himself to worry over any of his kids..

th eold adage ..keep your friends close..and your enemies even closer.. a child who knows 'too much' isnt in the friends category I should suppose !!
    These are my opinions only ( no copying now !! ), and of course assume all to be innocent !! of course !!

Originally posted by Carol:
    But, rashomon, wouldn't John Ramsey have been worried about what Patsy might possibly do to Burke in a rage? I would think he wouldn't have wanted Patsy anywhere near her surviving child.
    Same here, Carol. If John thought that Patsy killed JonBenet, why did he allow her to take Burke to Michigan shortly after the murder? Why wasn't John afraid Patsy would snap and harm Burke?

for mine the reason John might alow Patsy to do anything..is quite simply teh half veiled threat contained in the ransom note....as we say...she had the wood over him !! he now had a slightly ( sic ) on the edge nutso wife..who really didnt have much to lose if caught..and he would also go down big time.. neither wanted to be caught..so he played along with the charade..

and I dont hink he really cared that much...didnt seem to care much about his lil girl...why is he going to worry over the boy !!
    These are my opinions only ( no copying now !! ), and of course assume all to be innocent !! of course !!

I think Patsy's relationship with Jon Benet was much different than her relationship with Burke - more volatile. In many ways, Patsy was living through JB, but also saw JB as a small version of herself. She may also have seen JB as a rival for John's attention/ affections. I do not think that Burke would ever have been in danger of harsh action from Patsy. She loved Burke, but she didn't live through him or see him as a mini version of herself.

In addition, I personally believe that Patsy's actions toward JB were more the result of other factors that happened that night, and not because Patsy is the kind of mother who harms her children on a routine, or even when angered, basis.
    I am paying attention. And I am outraged.

Default Question

Were there twin beds in Burke's room like there were in jbr's? The photo of his room at ACR's only shows one bed, and it doesn't look like the bed has been slept in.
    This post, unless it is a legal court document, may not be carried in part, or in its entirety to any other discussion forum or bulletin board without the express written consent of the party who wrote it. It is proprietary to the author and to www.forumsforjustice.org. Violators will be reported to their Internet Service Providers.

My grandson was a "geek" when he was 9 and still is. He played computer games the same as Burke did. He now builds his own computers and revises software for the games he plays (probably illegal). It was written in some JBR book that Burke talked about computer games when he was being questioned about JBR. Anyway, my guess is my grandson would have acted exactly like Burke did.

This does not change my feelings that Burke did not sleep thru whatever went on, and belief that he was on the tape. I also believe he told Fleet White something that has influenced his actions all these years.

Default Shadow

"This does not change my feelings that Burke did not sleep thru whatever went on, and belief that he was on the tape. I also believe he told Fleet White something that has influenced his actions all these years."

I agree with every word