Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Lawyering JonBenet

One of the unusual features of this case and IMO the key to understanding what happened that night, is to analyze how the case has been lawyered. Starting the night of December 26, 1996 at 5PM, with Mike Bynum summoning Fleet to his office and ending last week with Mary Lacy’s pathetic news conference; the behavior of lawyers has been consistently bizarre. As you read this list, please keep in mind that once a prosecutor starts to lie, there is no turning back.

1. Mike Bynum told Fleet White that Haddon and Morgan were handling things and that he should stay out of it. (As Fleet told me, that is when “the intimidation began”.)

2. Hofstrom and DeMuth spent the early days of the case taking phone calls in Bynum’s office (per ST’s book).

3. Haddon had his PI’s on the street early AM 12/27/96, often beating the BPD to witnesses.

4. Haddon used his personal political chits to delay Gov. Roemer’s decision on the GJ/remove Hunter.

5. Jenkins (Burke’s lawyer) went to court to demand a copy of the 911 call. This was a condition of Burke’s GJ appearance. Jenkins received his copy.

6. Hunter found Krebs credible and goes public with his support.

7. Hunter writes Wood a carefully parsed excuse for Burke for Wood’s use in a shakedown of American Media.

8. Hunter asks Tracey to “look into Fleet White’s California connections”.

9. Hunter shares half-truths with Jeff Shapiro.

10. Bellipanni abruptly resigns as presiding GJ judge and is replaced by Roxanne Bailin. This despite Foxy Roxy's long-term personal friendship and book co-authorship with Patrick Burke, Patsy’s attorney.

11. Mary Keenan/Lacytries to throw: Santa Claus, Churchmouse, Helgoth, Gigax, and Karr under the bus.

This list is endless but before we add to it, I would like to discuss #1 and #4:
    Last edited by Spade; September 6, 2006, 10:13 am at Wed Sep 6 10:13:04 UTC 2006.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Question

1. Mike Bynum told Fleet White that Haddon and Morgan were handling things and that he should stay out of it. (As Fleet told me, that is when “the intimidation began”.)

This occurred within what? 24 hours of the murder?
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Exclamation Spade,

with all that lawyer power and so quickly gotten could it also mean that there was not only a CYA going on but also covering up someone else besides family members. I 've not completely relinquished any idea of someone else being in the house...but I have no idea who it might be. Also could it be that the Ramseys didn't want to take the blame all by themselves, hence all the lawyers.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

A law degree is little more than a license to lie and cheat and in some instances do it with the court’s blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade
    One of the unusual features of this case and IMO the key to understanding what happened that night, is to analyze how the case has been lawyered. Starting the night of December 26, 1996 at 5PM, with Mike Bynum summoning Fleet to his office and ending last week with Mary Lacy’s pathetic news conference; the behavior of lawyers has been consistently bizarre. As you read this list, please keep in mind that once a prosecutor starts to lie, there is no turning back.

2. Hofstrom and DeMuth spent the early days of the case taking phone calls in Bynum’s office (per ST’s book).

3. Haddon had his PI’s on the street early AM 12/27/96, often beating the BPD to witnesses.

4. Haddon used his personal political chits to delay Gov. Roemer’s decision on the GJ/remove Hunter.

5. Jenkins (Burke’s lawyer) went to court to demand a copy of the 911 call. This was a condition of Burke’s GJ appearance. Jenkins received his copy.

6. Hunter found Krebs credible and goes public with his support.

7. Hunter writes Wood a carefully parsed excuse for Burke for Wood’s use in a shakedown of American Media.

8. Hunter asks Tracey to “look into Fleet White’s California connections”.

9. Hunter shares half-truths with Jeff Shapiro.

10. Balipini abruptly resigns as presiding GJ judge and is replaced by Roxanne Bailin. This despite Foxy roxy's long-term personal friendship and book co-authorship with Pat Furman, Patsy’s attorney.

11. Mary Keenan/Lacytries to throw: Santa Claus, Churchmouse, Helgoth, Gigax, and Karr under the bus.

This list is endless but before we add to it, I would like to discuss #1 and #4:
    I know this is #12 or whatever, but I just got to the point in PMPT, just before the GJ is convened, where Fleet White wants a copy of his previous interview and is continually denied access to it...yet the Ramseys had every bit of evidence including the ransom note given to them. I guess he is under more of the umbrella than the Rams are.

And I didn't realize that the Ramsey's PIs were out the very next day. I'm surprised anyone talked to the PD at all.

Heymom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Default River Rat

Mike Bynum called Fleet White about 4 in the afternoon of December 26, 1996 while the Whites and the Ramsey's were at Fernie's house. An hour later, White went to Bynum's office where he was told: "Haddon, Morgan, and Foreman have been hired to 'handle' this ...you are to STAY OUT OF IT."

This was 3 hours and 45 minutes after Fleet and John found the body. IMO it would be impossible for Bynum to provide enough information to retain Haddon
    UNLESS he started the process before the body was "found".

Just what was Bynum "handling"?

Protecting the Rams from the killer?
    Don't think that is the job of an attorney, but the PD.

and why were they so insistant on White "keeping out of it".
    Bribes?

This gives me the impression that Fleet White may have been a stand up guy who wasn't afraid to speak up, and he told it like it was. He has more than proven that since through the letters he has written and his attempts to get independent prosecutors in to handle the case.

Bynum must have known White, or at least he knew of his honesty and frankness, and it sounds to me as if he was warning Fleet not to interfere (with the truth?).
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by Watching You
    This gives me the impression that Fleet White may have been a stand up guy who wasn't afraid to speak up, and he told it like it was. He has more than proven that since through the letters he has written and his attempts to get independent prosecutors in to handle the case.

Bynum must have known White, or at least he knew of his honesty and frankness, and it sounds to me as if he was warning Fleet not to interfere (with the truth?).
    This would explain the attempt to destroy the Whites.

The Whites are stand up people. Very honest. And Priscilla is like a size 2. I have always said she looks like Cindy Crawford.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Default Door #3

The hypothesis that Bryan Morgan and Mike Bynum were able to “fix” an agreement with the Boulder DA’s office within 24 hours of JonBenet’s death is known as Door #3 by law enforcement officers. My personal opinion is that the Door #3 theory is true.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Default Thank you, Spade

Quote Originally Posted by Spade
    Mike Bynum called Fleet White about 4 in the afternoon of December 26, 1996 while the Whites and the Ramsey's were at Fernie's house. An hour later, White went to Bynum's office where he was told: "Haddon, Morgan, and Foreman have been hired to 'handle' this ...you are to STAY OUT OF IT."

This was 3 hours and 45 minutes after Fleet and John found the body. IMO it would be impossible for Bynum to provide enough information to retain Haddon
    UNLESS he started the process before the body was "found".
    That was my understanding but I did want the clarification from you. So what exactly was IT that Fleet was supposed to stay out of? I highly doubt that he was acting as their defense attorney so what else is there that he wasn't wanted for? Being a friend?! Or being a friend that knew too much by witnessing the Empty Wine Room?

As far as the Petite Priscilla goes.....If she was included on the Stay Out of It list - I wonder if she was aware of it while she was saving the day with the Sister Socks find.

Oh and Tricia Love - I did read that Size 2 information somewhere, maybe I will google it up later.
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Default and if they get a REAL new prosecutor

Will Fleet White speak up with what he knows?

What is Fleet waiting for?

I guess I don't get it. Is EVERYONE deceitful in Boulder?