Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Whites

It is my impression that both Fleet and Priscilla White were/are strong advocates of the Ramsey’s telling the truth about the tragic death of JonBenet. However, the legal advice that the Ramsey’s were receiving was cautioning them to “let the lawyers work this out.” Consequently, IMO Bynum was attempting to intimidate (Fleet White’s description) the White’s into silence.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Wink Indulge me one....

Fortunately, there is only one Intimidator and Bynum is not it!
    Last edited by RiverRat; May 10, 2009, 7:24 pm at Sun May 10 19:24:35 UTC 2009.
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Spade - I knew that you would be returning any minute now and would do so in a way that gives us hope. After witnessing the recent return of the Coven, your timing could not have been better. You ready to do this one more time? I am - even if we have to go through this again in another five flipping years - they are not going to have it easy as long as I live.
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Right after the patrolman arrived at 755 15th street, responding to the 911 call, the Ramsey's phone rang, and John answered it with "JonBenet's been kidnapped?" (Steve's book). Do we know who that was?

The only reason somebody would call at 6 am on Dec 26 is a huge emergency, or to return a call from someone who announced a huge emergency. This means to me that the Rs called somebody before they called 911, or right after, before the police arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000 Sparks
    Will Fleet White speak up with what he knows?

What is Fleet waiting for?

I guess I don't get it. Is EVERYONE deceitful in Boulder?

Honestly, Sparky, I think Fleet has so much integrity that nothing is going to make him say anything outside of a courtroom, and he's smart not to say anything. I don't know how much Fleet knows, but he doesn't appear to me to be the type to be intimidated by anyone.

I doubt EVERYONE in Boulder is deceitful outside of the known players in this case. Most of the general public is probably too stoned on weed to care. Maybe that's what happened to maim's brain.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

John finds the body at 1:00ish pm.

By 4 pm, Bynum is making phone calls to bring in witnesses to intimidate for Haddon?

I thought Bynum's story was he was on the slopes that morning when he got the call--presumably that JonBenet had been "kidnapped." So he zipped back--guess Scotty beamed him in--hired Haddon, and was already into defense plans by 4 pm...only 3 hours after ANYONE was supposed to know JonBenet had been murdered?

You know, now I'm thinking about what John Ramsey wrote in his spin book. He said quite a few things, but I'm not seeing that Haddon was hired by 4 pm.

DOI: (p. 28: Speaking about Arndt at the Fernie's on the 26th, asking for the Ramseys to go to the BPD for questioning, the Ramseys refusing because they were too distraught, etc.)

I could tell that Arndt didn't like my answer and she intended to persist. Mike Bynum, a good friend who had arrived earlier with food in hand, overheard Arndt insisting that we go down to the police station. He immediately talked with our family pediatricion...[who] told Mike that...Patsy was in no condition to leave the house....

[snip]

[Bynum to John] Would you give me permission to make some choices for you and do what needs to be done?"

"Mike, I'd be grateful...."
    So then Bynum takes over, tells the BPD no interviews at the police station, no condition to do anything...don't call us, we'll call you...ciao, baby. (I paraphrased, of course, but that's the gist.)

Then John says "Later in the afternoon of the 27th" he got a call from Access Graphics employee Gary Merriman telling John Gary had gotten "a call from someone inside the system who told him that I should get the best criminal defense attorney I could, as soon as possible." (p.28)

"Why?" I asked incredulously. "Do they consider me a suspect?"

"I don't know," he answered. "That's the only information I can give you."

I hung up slowly. Everything seemed scrambled again. Why in the world would the police in any fashion suspect me? ...I decided not to tell anyone about Gary's warning.
    So...according to John, on the 27th, he NEEDED a lawyer, after receiving INSIDE INFORMATION from one of AG's own employees that John was being considered a suspect. Remember, AG was owned by LOCKHEED MARTIN...it's worth mentioning, I believe.

But John appears to be saying that on the 27th (the day after his daughter's body was found on the 26th, which was the same day that Bynum was hiring lawyers and intimidating witnesses), the day after the body was found, when Haddon had private investigators already out locking witnesses into their statements before the BPD could even get to them to question...John still didn't know he even HAD a lawyer?

So THEN John says the 27th passes with his devastation so great, he couldn't even talk to Patsy or anyone for long. He then moves to THE NEXT DAY...the 28th:

When Mike Bynum returned the next day [Sat./28th], I had a private conversation with him. He told me that it would be prudent for me to retain an attorney. Gary Merriman's call earlier was still working in my mind, so I told Mike to do whatever he thought was right. But I still wasn't making sense of it all.
    So then John goes into the story of Bynum being told by HOFSTROM, FROM THE DA'S OFFICE, that the police refused to release JonBenet's body (p. 31):

While Mike did not inform us of this act of stupidity and brutality at the time, he started to take the actions necessary to protect us from the mounting police assault. Bynum quickly arranged for Bryan Morgan of Haddon, Morgan, and Foreman in Denver to represent me and for Patrick Burke to represent Patsy. By Saturday night [28th], we had been introduced to both of these men. I did not understand why two attorneys were necessary, but I was in no condition to discuss the matter.
    So let's see:

Dec. 25/Wed.; Dec. 26/Thurs.} JonBenet is murdered either Wed. night between 10 pm and 12 midnight, or Thurs. morning between 12 am and 5 am [LE was called by 6 am].

Dec. 26/Thurs.} body found approx. 1 pm; John and Patsy go to the Fernies, where the BPD tries to interview them, but Bynum intervenes, with John's permission, according to John himself; Fleet White says this day he was called by Bynum at 4 pm into Bynum's office by 5 pm and told to back off, Haddon was in charge now.

Dec. 27/Fri.} John says that he is informed by Gary Merriman [human resources director of AG] that he needs a lawyer. He tells no one.

Dec. 28/Sat.} John says Mike Bynum RETURNS and tells John he needs an attorney; the Ramseys meet their lawyers; Patsy does home shopping with Roxy and her sisters, picking out a black knit dress from some sent over by a department store in Denver, imagining Jackie O as her inspiration, black veil and all; Patsy is fed by spoon during these "days after December 26."

Dec. 29/Sun.} JonBenet's memorial service held; Patsy's 40th birthday.

Dec. 30/Mon.} Visitation at funeral home for JonBenet, in Marietta, Ga.

Dec. 31/Tues.} JonBenet buried next to Beth in Marietta.

Jan. 1/Wed.} John and Patsy go on TV on CNN; John repeatedly states it was FLEET WHITE WHO HAD THE IDEA AND INSISTED THE RAMSEYS GO PUBLIC; Patsy mentions the dilapidated taxi that arrived to take them to the studio.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Default #4 on the list

4. Haddon used his personal political chits to delay Gov. Roemer’s decision on the GJ/remove Hunter.

We all know that Hal Haddon is a force among Colorado Democrats. He and his wife Beverly were instrumental in the election of Roy Roemer State Treasurer and Governor. Consequently, it was very significant information when a friend in the State Capital told me that Haddon had lobbied Roemer in favor of Alex Hunter’s continuing control of the Ramsey case. It was/is significant for two reasons:

1. Possibly the fix was already in with Alex…so why change?
    2. Absolutely John Ramsey was not the sexual abuser or killer of JonBenet. (If Haddon used a political chit (favor owed) for a child molester/murderer client, he would be finished as a political power broker).

Wombat- I don't know who called the Ramsey house that AM but the "Kidnapping Brunch" certainly disregarded the warning in the ransom note.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Spade
    4. Haddon used his personal political chits to delay Gov. Roemer’s decision on the GJ/remove Hunter.

We all know that Hal Haddon is a force among Colorado Democrats. He and his wife Beverly were instrumental in the election of Roy Roemer State Treasurer and Governor. Consequently, it was very significant information when a friend in the State Capital told me that Haddon had lobbied Roemer in favor of Alex Hunter’s continuing control of the Ramsey case. It was/is significant for two reasons:

1. Possibly the fix was already in with Alex…so why change?
    2. Absolutely John Ramsey was not the sexual abuser or killer of JonBenet. (If Haddon used a political chit (favor owed) for a child molester/murderer client, he would be finished as a political power broker).

Wombat- I don't know who called the Ramsey house that AM but the "Kidnapping Brunch" certainly disregarded the warning in the ransom note.
    This whole thread makes me want to sick up...I mean, my heart knew what was going on, that people had been paid off, there was corruption involved, but FROM THE FIRST HOURS???? When the Ramseys were supposedly freaked out at all that had happened??? What was really happening was that they were using every single dollar and every bit of their power and influence to make sure they would never be charged with JonBenet's killing.

This is SICKENING!!!!
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by Spade
    This was 3 hours and 45 minutes after Fleet and John found the body. IMO it would be impossible for Bynum to provide enough information to retain Haddon UNLESS he started the process before the body was "found".
    No question. You can't even get an attorney on the phone to talk to you at all within that time frame no matter who you are... even a spouse. And the day after Christmas???? Not a chance. I always thought that JR put out a cry for help to his cronies before the PD ever got to the house. That 911 call wasn't made until the Ramsey's knew they had their backsides covered. No doubt in my mind that the reason Hunter refused to let anyone get the phone records of the Ramsey's is for that reason... I'm also convinced that Hunter himself was probably a part of that.

I hated law because of the corruption (I used to be a paralegal). It isn't just Boulder, it's everywhere. And those doing it are pretty much in-your-face about it... no worries - it's accepted and expected. Why they even bother teaching ethics in law school is beyond me. Ethics? What's that? Ugh!

There's also no doubt in my mind that the White's (Fleet in particular) were viciously thrown under the bus and backed up over as retaliation and a warning.

Thanks for the heads-up, Spade.

Quote Originally Posted by PagingDrDetect
    I always thought that JR put out a cry for help to his cronies before the PD ever got to the house. That 911 call wasn't made until the Ramsey's knew they had their backsides covered. No doubt in my mind that the reason Hunter refused to let anyone get the phone records of the Ramsey's is for that reason... I'm also convinced that Hunter himself was probably a part of that.

I'd like to see them all burn in Hell. Someday, they will.

Heymom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by 1000 Sparks
    Will Fleet White speak up with what he knows?

What is Fleet waiting for?

I guess I don't get it. Is EVERYONE deceitful in Boulder?

I doubt that anyone ever will speak out, Sparks. They've seen the price of speaking the truth in this murder case.

Right now, THIS MINUTE, there easily could be EVIDENCE sitting in the BPD evidence room that would be INDISPUTABLE:

If they still have them, there were once THE RAMSEY TELEPHONE RECORDS taken as evidence in the case against the husband and wife convicted of illegally obtaining the info, presumptively to sell to tabs.

We don't know, and maybe that evidence has been destroyed, but it's worth a try...IF the DA REALLY is still investigating the case.

I mean, the one thing that I BELIEVE indicts HUNTER as being in on the fix FROM DAY ONE is that the Ramsey telephone records were NEVER EVER EVER subpoenaed.

NOT TO THIS DAY.

What LE investigator IN THIS ENTIRE COUNTRY would NOT IMMEDIATELY subpoena the phone records of the family in whose home a murdered child's body was found?

IMO, that says it all. Because what we don't know is WHO THE RAMSEYS MIGHT HAVE CALLED IN THE EARLY HOURS OF DEC. 26TH, 1996.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase
    I doubt that anyone ever will speak out, Sparks. They've seen the price of speaking the truth in this murder case.

Right now, THIS MINUTE, there easily could be EVIDENCE sitting in the BPD evidence room that would be INDISPUTABLE:

If they still have them, there were once THE RAMSEY TELEPHONE RECORDS taken as evidence in the case against the husband and wife convicted of illegally obtaining the info, presumptively to sell to tabs.

We don't know, and maybe that evidence has been destroyed, but it's worth a try...IF the DA REALLY is still investigating the case.

I mean, the one thing that I BELIEVE indicts HUNTER as being in on the fix FROM DAY ONE is that the Ramsey telephone records were NEVER EVER EVER subpoenaed.

NOT TO THIS DAY.

What LE investigator IN THIS ENTIRE COUNTRY would NOT IMMEDIATELY subpoena the phone records of the family in whose home a murdered child's body was found?

IMO, that says it all. Because what we don't know is WHO THE RAMSEYS MIGHT HAVE CALLED IN THE EARLY HOURS OF DEC. 26TH, 1996.
    Yep, that's pretty much the size of it. If Hunter was bought from the word "go" (and I believe he was) there's no way on God's green earth that any trace of those phone records are floating around anywhere in a 30 mile radius of Hunter... he would have made sure of that if he had to break in the evidence room in the middle of the night wearing a ski mask his own self.

The only wee possible light at the end of the tunnel is the hope that the people who illegally obtained those phone records was smart enough to retain copies (and secretly buried them in a vacant lot in some other state).