Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Human Remains Found in Lake Buchanan

Have not found a link but this has been on the local news this evening. Human remains have been found in Lake Buchanan, a lake approximately 30 miles West of the North Lake subdivision in Georgetown. At this time they have not even identified these remains as male or female but I am sure the Cooke family is on pins and needles and will be until the remains are identified.
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Prayers go out to them while they wait!
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

How sad, prayers for them.

Please keep us informed, JR. The Cooke family holds a special place at FFJ and in all our hearts.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Default Low lake level reveals human remains

11:32 AM CDT on Wednesday, September 6, 2006

KVUE News

Investigators in Burnet County are looking for answers following a gruesome discovery along Lake Buchanan.

KVUE Online Video

KVUE's report
    A woman found bones along the shoreline Tuesday afternoon near County Road 137 near Burnet.

The sheriff's department and Texas Rangers are investigating.

Authorities say the remains appear to be those of an adult not a child, but it's not clear if it's a man or a woman.

An investigator with the Burnet County Sheriff's Department says they've seen many things surface from the lake because of low water levels but nothing like this.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stori....71e133cf.html

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Default Human Remains Found At Lake Buchanan

Sep 6, 2006 04:19 PM CDT

Human remains surprised a person riding a Jet Ski on Lake Buchanan Tuesday. Lake Buchanan is northwest of Austin.

Just before noon, the passerby noticed the remains on the east side, near where RM 2341 and County Road 137 intersect.

Investigators say it's likely the receding lake levels revealed the remains, and it's too early to tell whether foul play is involved. All they can tell at this point is that the remains are possibly of an adult. They'll take them to the Travis County Medical Examiner in the morning for testing.

"We will be using DNA, dental records, things of this nature to identify the remains. We will work with the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse. And we'll work with other law enforcement," Burnet County Sheriff's Capt. Charlie Boyce said.

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=5371896

©

Tonight's news stated that the remains were actually in a barrel with concrete and that the barrel had rusted enough that the lid had probably rusted away. As the lake water receded the barrel and remains became visible. There should be a news update on line tomorrow with this information.

©

Default Human Remains Found On Lake Buchanan

(CBS 42) BURNET COUNTY Human remains were discovered in Burnet County on Lake Buchanan Tuesday.

A witness operating a person water craft on the lake made the discovery.

The Burnet County Sheriff’s Office and the Texas Rangers responded to the scene and are investigation.

The remains are believed to be of an adult. No other information is available, according to the sheriff’s office.

According to authorities, the remains were encased in a 55 gallon drum, sealed with concrete.

The investigation is ongoing.

http://keyetv.com/topstories/local_story_249220029.html

©

Default Human Remains Found At Lake Buchanan

A Hill Country investigation has revealed what sounds more like a movie script than real life Wednesday. The bizarre details are part of the Burnet County case on some human remains found Tuesday.

KXAN NBC Austin was first on the scene after the remains were discovered along the eastern shore of Lake Buchanan in Burnet County.

A day after human remains were found along Lake Buchanan's shoreline, there was a stunning revelation as more details were released.

"They were encased in a 55-gallon barrel along with some concrete inside the barrel," investigator Denton Wills said.

An out-of-town jet skier had alerted investigators after seen the barrel, which was exposed by low lake levels.

The metal barrel was rusted enough that investigators could see that there were bones inside.

The sheriff's office says a preliminary autopsy has not yet revealed if this was a man or woman, how long the body in the barrel was submerged or a cause of death.

"This investigation is going to be conducted as a homicide investigation until we can prove otherwise," Burnet County Sheriff's Capt. Charlie Boyce said.

More tests will get done and other law enforcement agencies will be contacted about missing persons cases as the Burnet Sheriff's office continue to investigate an unusual set of circumstances.

"Those are things you see in movies or read in books, not something you see on an everyday basis, not even in a century or something," Wills said.

Part of the tests on the remains will include DNA analysis.

The sheriff's office also says it will contact the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse as part of its investigation.

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=5371896

©

And yet previously invesigators said it was too early to tell if foul play was involved...wtf?

Well, Freebird, I think it would be kind of difficult for anyone to crawl into a barrel, close the top, and throw him/herself and the barrel into the lake. Seems if that person were bent on committing suicide by barrel-in-lake, he would have needed a little help, if ya' know what I mean.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

LOL, yeah and yet their investigators needed some time to decide if some foul play was involved. It's not looking good for this investigation./eyeroll