Was JonBenet strangled lying face down?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by heymom, Sep 8, 2006.

1. heymom

heymom Member

I have searched and searched the old threads and I can't find just what I need...The knot on the garotte was at the back of JonBenet's neck, correct? Does that mean she was strangled while lying face-down? And then her body was placed face-up in the basement? She must have been already unconscious when the string was put around her neck, if it was tied in the back.

I can't imagine how any parent could tie a cord around their child's neck while looking at her face, but if she was lying on her stomach...and already seemed to be dead or dying...maybe.

Heymom

2. tylin

tylin Banned

heymom,
    She was found laying face up. The knot on the garrote was on the back of her neck. You can click on this link to the autopsy report at the Smoking Gun. There is a description on this page and the following page about how the body was found.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/jonbenet3.html

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  3. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, I know she was found lying face up. But the cord was knotted at the back of her neck. Did that mean that the knot at the back of her neck was not functional, that she was strangled while face-to-face with her killer? I am just trying to figure out how this might have happened. Maybe someone could take me from point A, where JonBenet was hit in the head, down to the basement where she was tied up, and how that might have been done.

Thanks

Heymom

4. sue

sue Member

What you can get out of it was that the knot was tied by someone who was behind her at the time the cord was put around her neck. That could have been from rolling the unconscious JB onto her front side when the cord was tied. (and it's pretty clear she was unconscious at the time it was put on since there are no signs in the autopsy that indicate she fought the cord being applied).

5. heymom

heymom Member

Okay. So at some point, JonBenet was turned onto her stomach so that knot could be tied, and then turned back and her hands were raised up (unless she was dragged, which then her hands would be up by default). I don't think she was actively strangled, but I know the autopsy says that the cord was enough to strangle her. I think the cord was just for the staging, and that she was already near death or not breathing when the cord was applied. Of course I was not there, so I can't know for sure. I was just thinking about how the cord was applied and I thought at first that the knot and stick were at the front, but no, it was around her neck hanging at the back. A garotte is applied from the back, but while the victim is alive, because it's a sneak attack weapon. For the sexual "pleasure" application, I couldn't find anything referring to how it's applied, but I would think it would be from the front, so the perv could see the expression on the victim's face. But what do I know?

Heymom

6. sue

sue Member

But, keep in mind that this 'garotte' didn't really function as a 'real garotte' according to Delmar English's analysis of it.
    I don't know much about garotte's either, but I think it is mostly used by someone on themself to enhance their own sexual pleasure.

Your question made me wonder something and I decided to do a few google searches to check it out. The intruder theorists have made it sound all along like garottes are sort of 'instruments of choice' for pedophiles, so I decided to do some searches to check that out.

If you search on google using the words garotte+abuse+sex, you come up with 18,900 hits - quite a few and maybe 'proof' that pedophiles use garottes.
    But, if you then search within the results for the word pedophile, something very interesting happens - when you take out all the hits that don't contain the word pedophile, that leaves 260 hits (to clarify - this means the 260 hits are the ones that DO contain garotte+abuse+pedophile).
    If you further search within results for the word Jonbenet, you come up with 130 hits (so, those 130 DO contain garotte+abuse+pedophile+Jonbenet).
    I used an advanced google search to look at the 130 hits that did not contain Jonbenet and found things like this site that used Jonbenet with an accent, rather than without and a whole bunch of pages like this that are lists of words.

If you do a google search using the words garotte + sexual+abuse, you only come up with 908 'hits'. If you search within the results for the word Jonbenet, that takes all the hits out that don't contain Jonbenet and leaves 550 hits. So, more than half the results are things connecting JB to garottes.

So, again only a small portion of the mentions of garotte on the internet also mention pedophile and HALF of ALL of the mentions of garotte + abuse + sex + pedophile and MORE than HALF of ALL the mentions of garotte + sexual+abuse ALSO mention Jonbenet.

So, what does this say about pedophiles and garottes?
    It says to me that if pedophiles were really 'garotte users' there would be a heck of a lot more mentions that don't contain Jonbenet.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  7. heymom

heymom Member

Great deductions! What I got when I googled "garotte" was mostly involving the strangling tool used in video games. I couldn't even find anything real that involved sexual games. Weird. I don't think I have my internet filter set that high, but with 13 and 15-year-old boys, I have to take precautions to protect them.

I realize that the garotte was not functional, and was part of the staging. But according to the autopsy, it also strangled her.

Heymom

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

heymom's absolutely right. The person who did this couldn't even look her in the face when they killed her.

9. sue

sue Member

I don't think we have our filter set at all since the only people that use it are adults.

10. tylin

tylin Banned

That dear Sue is brilliant! ;)

11. sue

sue Member

well, it was heymom who made me think of trying this out, so she gets some thanks too!

12. heymom

heymom Member

:curtsey: :takeabow: LOL! Thanks!

Heymom

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice