Ft. Collins (Colorado) Weekly - Editor rips Lacy & Tracey for Karr fiasco!!!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cherokee, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THIS BRAVE EDITOR, GREG CAMPBELL! READ HIS OP/ED AND LEAVE SUPPORTING COMMENTS. THE PRO-RAMSEY/LACY/TRACEY FACTION IS SKEWERING HIM. LET HIM KNOW THERE ARE OTHERS WHO AGREE WITH HIM AND APPRECIATE HIS SPEAKING OUT AGAINST THE INCOMPETENCE AND CORRUPTION IN BOULDER!

http://www.fortcollinsweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=94&Itemid=36

By Greg Campbell (Editor - Ft. Collins Weekly)
    Monday, 28 August 2006

Well, so much for old John Mark Karr. I wonder what Marg Helgenberger of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation has to say about these new developments. She was, after all, happy to pray to Patsy Ramsey for peace in her grave now that “The Killer†was in custody.

Oops.

Spoke a little too soon, I suppose. But Marg shouldn’t feel too bad. She’s not the only one, after all. Nor is she remotely the most important person to have stuck her foot so far down her mouth that she has to reach between her legs to tie her shoes. She only played Patsy Ramsey in a made-for-TV movie, after all.

No, among the more notable people who should be retreating to the bunker in the same manner as Adolf Hitler is Mary Lacy, who plays the lead prosecutor in Boulder County, and poorly. Everyone knows that if you’re going to feign a skill, you have to at least be able to fake competence. Lacy can’t even muster this.

When I heard that John Mark Karr was being let off the hook for the murder of JonBenet Ramsey, I was speechless. Not because I thought he did it … I’ve always advocated a wait-and-see attitude to let the evidence come out. Evidence that I was certain existed beyond what was in the public realm. That “evidence†amounted to nothing more than his bizarre admission of guilt in front of Thai TV cameras and in emails to a more-than-suspect University of Colorado journalism professor. The District Attorney who ordered his apprehension and expensive extradition to Colorado must surely have some tricks up her sleeve, I figured … some evidence we didn’t know about, some gun that, if it wasn’t smoking, was at least hot to the touch. After all, it would not only be criminally incompetent and terminally hubristic to have staged this whole dog and pony show without something more—much more—than the scant evidence of his TV confession. To have committed to his public suspicion as the killer on nothing more would have bordered on conspiratorial, as if she wanted to frame someone, anyone, for the murder to either prove that she could solve Boulder’s most intriguing cold crime or to pin it on anyone other than the Ramseys, who remain the prime suspects for many cogent observers. But for that to have worked, Lacy would have had to have some means of backing up her conviction that Karr was the killer.

The assumption that she had this evidence in hand, mind you, wasn’t because of what was articulated in speech as much as it was in action. You don’t fly investigators to Thailand on the taxpayer’s dime, then send a private taxpayer-funded plane to retrieve the suspect from California without some semblance of a plan. You either know from the evidence that Karr did it to the degree that you can prove it, or you have gambled your office’s reputation on what can charitably be called an outside chance that the chips will fall in your favor.

In the end it’s clear that Lacy did not act smartly at all. Regardless of how sincerely she thought he was responsible for this little girl’s death, she acted more irresponsibly than even I was willing to deem possible by an elected official. The “evidence,†as it turned out, was indeed nothing more than what everyone in the world was exposed to by watching television, the deluded confession of a pathological psychopath with no basis in reality. In essence, she wagered the credibility of her office, which is critical to the successful prosecution of every crime committed in Boulder County, the future trial of JonBenet’s real killer notwithstanding.

And she lost that fool’s wager.

At a minimum, she should resign, but I wouldn’t expect it. The degree of pomposity displayed in her “thank you all†press conference of two weeks ago makes it unlikely to expect any degree of repentance or even acknowledgement of overreaching. Expect a refusal to seek another term based on “personal issues,†and announcements of a book deal in Lacy’s future.

But what of Michael Tracey, the so-called journalism professor who Westword Editor Patricia Calhoun recently—and accurately—called the “Ward Churchill of CU’s journalism department� What is the story with this clown’s involvement? Far deeper than has yet been revealed, I promise. In fact, I would bet that this whole fiasco has more to do with Tracey than it ever has with John Mark Karr. Consider: Any future charge against a suspect in JonBenet’s murder will have to overcome the stigma of the Boulder DA’s Office rush to judgment in the Karr case, which benefits John Ramsey and his late wife Patsy, both of whom Tracey has advocated for tirelessly. And, more crassly—but only depending on your point of view—it helps Tracey’s book that has reportedly been in the works. After all, he has sole rights to the emails between him and Karr. What a better hook than to publish the “true communication†between him and the one-time suspected killer?

There is far more to this tale, that much is clear. Lacy couldn’t be that stupid. True or not—and the balance in my mind is really 50-50 whether she’s stupid or conniving—it’s the beginning of a fabulous tale of one of the most egregious examples of American jurisprudence gone totally in the sewer, to the permanent detriment of a decade-long search for the killer of an innocent child. Everyone involved in this most recent sordid chapter of JonBenet’s life and death—but especially Michael Tracy and Mary Lacy—should be ashamed of how they’ve handled John Mark Karr.

2. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

the little i could do...i did :)

I sense the tide is indeed turning.....every little crack in the dam that is the RST is being matched , if not two-fold, by an new endeavour to release the hounds of truth and FACT !!

I must admit..a an observer...I find it amazing to the nth degree how polarised this case is, and the retisence of so much of the populace to discern onthe basis of facts and evidence a opposed to some raw emotion. How much of the fragility of our own societies does this reflect that many cannot come to the logical conclusions for fear of second guessing their own abilities not to be such a henious parent? Are so many so affronted by the god awful truth that this denies them sense of clarity??..

Its a sad day when we are so suspect of our of fabric of life that we daren't stand on what we know to be our selves to remonstrate against injustice.

Is is just the inability of many to become involved in events, i.e intervene ..or is it the fear of sao many that they really may not be any more capable of morality themselves ??

Lets hope society as a whole has not become terminally dysfunctional.
    I had a feeling that once the persistence of the few( relatively ) and you know who you are , had reached the point where one rational andsane listener was prepared to put pen to their paper, that the "go" light would illuminate for others waiting on the grid.

RST may be able to effect its will on those weak corrupt individuals who fear persoanal consequence, but it will not on those that have no vested interest and nothing to lose by co aligning into public forum..

Yep..the tide has turned...and the water is rising !! :)

3. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

BRILLIANT post, KangaT!!!

Damn good!

...YumYum

4. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I added my comments and here's hoping that the support he receives will allow him to continue writing on the subject!

Thanks Chero

He wrote a great article!

5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Why doesn't someone write an article on how John Ramsey is running the DA's office?

6. MlazyV

MlazyV Banned for Stupidity

I think he's just running and hoping to wake up in Lucinda's shower

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Hah - it would be nice if this were all a dream ala Dallas.....John returning to Lucinda just as if the Second family never happened.

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

While I'm glad the media seems to be catching on to Lacy's incompetence, I'm way pist off that they have let her totally biased, completely stupid obsession with an intruder, not to mention her conspiring with John Ramsey and his people, go unreported for the past few years. I will not accept the excuse that they have been unaware of what's been happening. They were too lazy to get off their behinds and find out what was really happening. All they had to do was tune in to FFJ - it's all there, if they cared. They HAD to know that Lacy wasn't striving for the truth in the JBR case but only manipulating the press and the public to stay away from the Ramseys.

She is so not worthy to be a district attorney - not in Boulder, not anywhere. I hope these reporters don't stop, now. I hope they really start digging. There is a gold mine of corruption and filth buried by the DA in this case. It needs to be exposed for the cesspool it really is.

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"Hah - it would be nice if this were all a dream ala Dallas.....John returning to Lucinda just as if the Second family never happened."

I love it!

10. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

It's Up to John now......

11. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Not a shower vision!

12. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

This article totally kicks AZZ. I agree withe very word--except for the part about 50/50 stupidity vs. conniving. There is no question in my mind now that Lacy is dumber than a box of spoons. NOBODY would help fan the flames of this hoax if they had the mental tools to grasp the fact that it could possibly come back to slap them in the face.

OMIGOD could you imagine being in the Boulder police dept and having to deal with someone like Lacy? Daily?

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"OMIGOD could you imagine being in the Boulder police dept and having to deal with someone like Lacy? Daily?"

God, I have enough trouble sleeping at night!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice