Affidavit from Lacy to Caplis/Silverman Show

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by tylin, Sep 12, 2006.

1. tylin

tylin Banned

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I'll get around to printing it out and commenting but I want to transcribe the Mary Lacy press conference first. The affadavit is a scan of a fax so it won't "recognise" very accurately with Omnipage.

I'm also up to page 127 of the Tracey e-mails. Interesting stuff. Karr seems to have been very pro-Ramsey but getting p*ed off with Tracey whom he feels is more interested in clearing the Ramseys than in his story.

3. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

I see Lacy's affidavit, through affiant Tom Bennett, states as a point of fact that, in accordance with the timeline of the case some hold, Patsy told Officer French that she checked JonBenet's bedroom and found her daughter missing before she descended the spiral staircase and found the note.

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Uh...isn't this a BIG CHANGE in Patsy's story?

5. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

Yes Why Nut, in the first sentence it is written 5:57 for the 911 call, for some reason I always thought it was 5:52. edited to add: The first search warrant on 12/26/96 reads the officers responded to a report of kidnapping reported "approximately 5:52".

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  6. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Why, yes it is.

It just gets better. I now like the part of the affidavit where Tom Bennett states, "Gregory LaBerge stated he would not conduct a DNA analysis of the swabbings" (from the handlebars of Karr's bike) "due to the fact that 'swabbings from the handlebar grips will most likely produce a DNA mixture due to persons handling the bicycle during production, shipping and placement of the bicycle within the store for sales purposes.'"

Gee, I thought it was supposed to be a point of fact that race can be ascertained through DNA, and that LaBerge would have been able to distinguish the Thai DNA potentially on the bike different from Karr's Caucasian DNA. Not so much, eh?

7. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

"Mr. Tracey produced a documentary "JonBenet's America" which aired in Europe July 1998.
    Mr. Tracey also produced another documentary "Who killed the Pageant Queen" which aired December 2004 in the United States."

Obviously, they do not know about "Who Killed the Pageant Queen", U.K. version, or they choose to ignore it.

8. hioniam

hioniam Member

Why_Nut wrote:
    Yes, on page 5/18 in the affidavit for the search warrant it says:
    "Officer Rick French reported Patsy Ramsey checked the bedroom of JonBenet and noticed her daughter was not in her bed.
    Patsy descended a spiral staircase leading from the second floor to the first floor and found a 3-page handwritten note on the stairs..."

Tricia asked:
    Yes, IT IS!

Patsy Ramsey in her first interview with the police on April 30, 1997 says:

And if this discrepancy can be confirmed I think it is VERY IMPORTANT.

But the problem I have is:

Is it possible that this officer, Rick French had a wrongful recollection of
    what exactly Patsy told him i.e. which came first the check in the room
    or the discovery of the note?

If Patsy had looked first at JonBenet's room and didn't find her how would
    she have normally reacted?

I am sorry if these things have been discussed many times before, I am just a newbie.

hioniam

9. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Cops are trained to listen carefully (no pun intended) and observe carefully, even when it seems they are not listening and observing. It's possible for anyone to make a mistake, but I doubt if Officer French mistook everything the Rams said he did - like JR's saying he read to JB, later claiming he said he went to bed and read a book - and Patsy's peeking between her fingers at what was going on - something she ridiculed later.

10. hioniam

hioniam Member

Watching You ok,
    but have the detectives
    confirmed that discrepancy?

And have they ever confronted Patsy with this?
    Have they followed that issue?

I am just asking because I don't remember
    in the police interviews Patsy'sbeing asked
    to clarify this (imho VERY IMPORTAND)point.

hioniam

11. heymom

heymom Member

As far as I can tell, no one ever pinned either John or Pasty down on any of their lies or changes in story. They were only lightly questioned, not interrogated.

Heymom

12. Watching You

I can't quote chapter or page right now, but I know that ST brought these discrepancies up in his book.

I would point out that we should probably point out what detectives we consider have credibility. The term "detective(s)" has been used recklessly by the RST, who don't refer to the official BPD detectives when they use the term but rather the Ramsey-hired private detectives. It's something that has irked me because it only serves to confuse the public as to what is official investigating and what is Ramsey-hired investigating.

13. hioniam

hioniam Member

Watching You wrote:
    When you say, "JR's saying he read to JB" you are referring to this
    sentence:
    "...and then I took him up to bed and got his pajamas on, probably brushed his teeth, and then I went up stairs from there and got ready for bed. I read her a little bit. The lights went out around ten-thirtyish or ten-forty..." from JR's police interview on April 30, 1997?

Or to something else?

Because I think the "I read her a little bit." is an obvious typographical error.
    Reading it in the context doesn't make sense.

I think the correct should be "I read there a little bit." i.e. he read a little bit on his bed before falling asleep.

hioniam

PS) When I say detectives I mean the BPD/DA ones.

14. hioniam

hioniam Member

CAPLIS & SILVERMAN BREAKING NEWS ON KARR-I don't get it

I didn't see any comments on this:

http://www.khow.com/pages/shows-caplis_silverman.html?feed=119776&article=878930

What I don't get is that nowhere in the affidavit pages that Caplis & Silverman
    give in their site says that Karr said these things.

On the contrary, it says that
    But on the same page it does mention his ramblings about the ransom
    amount:
    Do Caplis & Silverman have other documents except the affidavit?

hioniam

15. Watching You

What on earth is wrong with Tom Bennett? I thought he was supposed to be a really good detective with so much experience, but he's made some pretty uneducated statements in his affidavit for search warrant.

At the bottom of page 10 and top of page 11 (pages as printed out), it says:

16. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"Is there something in the water in Boulder that renders detectives stupid? Does drinking that water make them unable to read the evidence in a case and compare it against the autopsy in a competent manner?"

Maybe he was led down the garden path!

17. Watching You

Which leads me to ask, are there any detectives left in Colorado who are NOT gutless wonders? I'll answer it, too. Not since Steve Thomas left.

18. shannon1233

shannon1233 Member

19. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Shannon, could you please post the 20 points Lac/Tracey should have known? Thanks.

20. shannon1233

shannon1233 Member

Gosh Cherokee, I'll have to pull out my notes, I made some about each tape. I distinctly remember him making some statements, even on the first tape, that would have been easy for Lacy to check out and confirm, which had she done, it would have been apparent, he was either an outright liar, or mentally unstable and living in a fantasy world.

If anyone is interested, maybe we could have threads discussing each tape, and why Lacy/Tracey ignored what should have been obvious. For instance, I'll check my notes, but off the top of my head, in one call he claims JBR told him "it's my Mom's perfume" when he complemented her on it. Then he says Patsy told him in an email ? that JBR had a habit of going in her room and putting on her perfume, then he changes the story again by saying he never got to communicate with Patsy. It seems he kept forgetting what he had previously said. Karr also claims he left a phone message for the Rams and gave them his phone number. Surely Lacy could have confirmed whether that was true or not?

In another call, off the top of my head, he claims he watched his mother and grandmothers caskets lowered into their graves. But then he also claims he doesn't know if any of his family is alive, lives overseas and can't contact anyone to find out, then again later claims he KNOWS his father is alive and must protect him.

It's his demeanor too. He talks about how JBR talks to him, they have conversations. He goes into great detail about while sexually abusing JBR, he kept asking permission, and how JBR would respond with "Yes" when he'd ask her if he could perform each step. What child would do that?

Sorry, these are just off the top of my head and may not be as convincing as my notes, but Lacy should have known he was a psycho. There's so much more, if you guys are interested we could discuss each call, and how Lacy should have been able to check on what he's claming all along, or known he was mentally unstable?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice