Editorials,Letters to the Editor

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Sabrina, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/letters/article/0,2777,DRMN_23966_4987919,00.html
    Tracey finesses media

You have to hand it to him - this latest move is his masterstroke. University of Colorado professor, erstwhile newspaper columnist and documentary filmmaker Michael Tracey writes, teaches and preaches about media manipulation. Then, to demonstrate his command of the subject, engineers a Beethoven symphony of international media frenzy. And on the eve of a book deal yet.

People should keep in mind that John Mark Karr is not the first bogus "intruder" Tracey has trumpeted as "the killer." They should, however, question why the Boulder authorities continue to take him seriously.

Don Wrege

Boulder

http://www2.dailycamera.com/bdc/editorials/article/0,1713,BDC_2489_4987727,00.html

Banishing protest
    'Demonstration area' was ill-justified

September 13, 2006

The orgiastic news coverage of John Mark Karr is over, and in the introspection made possible by a dearth of satellite trucks, we can consider better ways of conducting public affairs next time.

If, God forbid, Boulder sees another marauding media mob, the judiciary should bear this in mind: The demands of the Fourth Estate do not trump those of the First Amendment.

Guided by such a sensibility, Boulder District Judge Roxanne Bailin surely would not have designated a citizen "demonstration area" well away from the encampment of journalists. In an Aug. 21 "decorum order," Bailin decreed that "any demonstrations and any distributions to individuals of literature, pamphlets, books or other written material shall be restricted to the Demonstration Area."

The area was more than 300 feet away from the media area and even farther away from the Justice Center. Bailin said her restriction was necessitated by "intense public and media interest in the proceedings in this case."

At least one demonstrator ignored the judge's order. According to the ACLU, he was standing on the sidewalk on Sixth Street holding a sign and speaking to journalists. Though he says he was not impeding traffic (foot or car), the man says police threatened to arrest him if he did not slink off to the designated "demonstration area."

As the ACLU notes, restricting people's free-speech rights is serious business. If speech is to be restricted, courts have routinely held, the restrictions should be based on legitimate and demonstrable public-security concerns. Further, the restrictions should be as narrowly tailored as possible. You can't just prattle nebulously about "decorum" to banish peaceful demonstrations from the most visible public spaces.

"This orange-fenced area was a slap in the face of peaceful public speech," wrote the ACLU's Judd Golden. "All that saw it got the message that free speech and dissent in Boulder is so dangerous to the judicial process that it must be isolated."

He is quite right. Still, he neglects to mention an underlying irony: The Boulder County Justice Center went out of its way to accommodate the mass media, allowing these First Amendment practitioners to camp for days in a parking lot normally subject to a four-hour limit. Such tolerance was not granted to anyone who happened to carry a protest sign.

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Especially since he made a documentary TWO years ago fingering a completely different suspect. Note this e-mail:-

So what was the documentary fingering Gigax and Helgoth then? I would say that this would strengthen Gigax's case against Tracey for libel because if Tracey made the documentary about Gigax - whilst privately believing that KARR was the killer, I think that might arguably be malice.

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I just have a quick question. jameson was involved in at least one of Tracey's crockumentaries, and I wouldn't put it past her to be involved in the others, as well. Wouldn't she be as culpable as he?

4. Jayelles

I think that ultimately, the producer would carry the can.

It was Tracey II she was involved in wasn't it? Well I heard she hung around while they were making it - not sure if that constitutes actually being involved!

I wonder if it was Tracey who sent her the NE tapes?

5. Watching You

Here's what jameson had to say about the subject:

6. Watching You

I don't know who sent her the tapes. Maybe Darnay. Maybe Tracey. Maybe Smit. Maybe one of the Ramsey PI's. One of her skank acquaintances.

7. Jayelles

Don't you think Tracey is more likely to have a copy than Darnay? Now that we know more about the "friendships" within team Ramsey?

8. Watching You

Probably. Which brings up the question - did she split the profits with him? She claimed the tapes were sent to her anonymously. I don't believe that - never did believe it. I also doubt very much she gave up one penney of her blood money from the sale of the tapes. Her greed knows no bounds.

9. Jayelles

Yes, lots of cloak and dagger stuff. However, we know that she lies and that Mary lacy says she judges a person's credibility on whether they lie.
    IMO, jameson gives herself far too much credit:-

She gets many facts wrong and she doesn't source most of her posts - that is CRUCIAL to good research. Also, the fact that she has a known record for supplying tabloids would (certainly should) exempt her from involvement in an ongoing murder investigation.

10. Jayelles

I doubt it. I think she probably did a deal with him. JMHO.

11. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Geez, Mikey! Haven't you had enough?

12. Jayelles

I think most of it goes over his head.

13. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

Jayelles,

When Susan Bennett appeared in August on Paula Zahn it was stated on the show that she worked as consultant on FOUR documentaries about the case. Not sure which ones she is referencing but we have to remember that Michael Tracey is also co-producer on some of the Court TV shows, and I'm sure he consulted on at least, if not a couple of the CBS 48 Hours shows. We would have to check the credits on all those shows. I know his name is on the Court TV ones on JonBenet.

So with Michael Tracey's lip service that he ONLY did three documentaries, he avoids to say that A&E bought the first documentary and aired that one FOUR times all during the Ramsey Grand Jury hearings. And the Court TV shows have been aired repeatedly in the US between his other two documentaries since 2001. 48 Hours has picked up portions of his documentaries and used that in their shows that have aired multiple times.

Bottom line is that Susan Bennett has a vested interested in Michael Tracey so he is the last one she wants to cut ties with. Plus I wouldn't doubt at all that she feeds Ramsey PIs, Ollie Gray and John San Augustine with her suspect information and we know they are the stars of Tracey's shows.

14. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

The people at the NE told me she wanted much much more than the 40K she got for the tapes.

Darnay did NOT send them. Lin Wood initially blamed him and hir made it clear
    he did not send them. So since they were anonymous I don't know how she could know that they did not come from Darnay!!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  15. Jayelles

jameson has, on more than one occasion suggested that people could send her stuff in a plain wrapper with no return address.

I can imagine she bartered with Tracey and persuaded him to send those tapes to her in such a way. Perhaps it was part of her "consultancy" fee?

I hope that if Tracey is ever deposed, he will be asked about this.

16. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh, come on, jams is full of it, as usual.

Any one of us here, there, and anywhere could have told Lacy the problems point by point with Karr's little story.

That's NOT the point. The POINT is that LACY AND/OR BENNETT should know enough about the case and the state of the evidence in it to be able to do the work themselves. They also should know ALL THE EVIDENCE HUNTER SIGNED OVER TO SMIT, who then handed it to TRACEY, jams, reporters willy nilly, and blasted all over TV. Not to mention, all the EVIDENCE HUNTER HANDED TO SCHILLER FOR HIS BOOK YEARS AGO, and how the internet is SATURATED WITH ALL OF IT.

You see, there is NO EXCUSE for them NOT KNOWING. How do I know? Because two years ago, I TOLD THEM IN EMAILS I EXCHANGED WITH BILL NAGEL FOR WEEKS, COMPLETE WITH LINKS TO MANY OF THE SITES, FORUMS, AND TV AND NEWS WEB SITES WITH ALL OF IT RIGHT THERE. That's WHAT I was discussing with Nagel. HE KNEW. And he WORKS for Lacy on THIS CASE.

17. koldkase

But back to the topic of the editorials. Very well done. Now that the two people in Boulder who get it have written about it, I guess Lacy and Tracey can let out a sigh of relief and go back to their next bus victim....

Unless that ACLU lawyer actually gets a clue and decides that maybe it's time Boulder wasn't allowed to trample the Constitution six different ways from Sunday. If he needs help, I'm sure we'll all be very happy to point it out to him.

But I won't hold my breath. This is just a corrupt state and county system underminding our entire judicial branch like the proverbial one bad apple. Nothing as sexy as death row innates, flag burning, or pervert protections for sex offenders.

If you don't thunder into Boulder like white lightning, ACLU, to bring this injustice and all who have perpetuated it to their knees, instead of defending some wacked out big mouth plagiarist professor who isn't worth one hair on an innocent child's bludgeoned head, then here's for you:

:rs:

I was thinking last night, don't we have a U.S. Attorney General whose job it is to make sure that THE LAW IS FOLLOWED AND CORRUPTION NOT ALLOWED TO SUBVERT THE U.S. CONSTITUTION IN STATES THAT DON'T UPHOLD THE LAW, BUT RUN IT INTO THE GROUND FOR POLITICS, POWER, AND MONEY?

Hm. Guess not.

18. koldkase

He would just plead our Fifth Amendment: I refuse to answer on the grounds that I might incriminate myself. Everyone here has the right not to testify against him/herself.

19. koldkase

You know, ACR, one of the most deceitful things I saw Tracey do, so absolutely intended to CREATE AN ILLUSION OF AUTHORITY, was how Tracy portrayed Ollie and his cronies talking about the case, in a board room with a VOICE OVER saying they were NOW THE NEW TEAM OF INVESTIGATORS ON THE CASE. The way they said it, it sounded like these hired guns were in fact LE, and that THEY HAVE THE EVIDENCE OF THESE INTRUDERS! Enter bus victims Gigax and Helgoth.

How Tracey can look in the mirror and not twirl his mustache while he grins as his gold tooth twinkles and his eyes blaze red is simple: either he's so incompetent, he really has no idea what a fool and hypocrite he is, shoveling pure horse manure he's too dumb to wipe off his own feet; or he's too drunk to see his own image.

Either way, he's perfect for the U of Co. and Boulder LE crowd. Which I say because they have let this crap go unchecked for so long now, they don't even know what they're being fed is bullchit that TraceyLacy is shoveling. They eat it up because Lou Smit told them it's prime rib. It's so much easier to convince themselves Smit is THE MAN and he'd never steer them wrong than to stop cashing that figurative or actual check.

I was rereading Thomas' book myself last night, and I had forgotten that TRIP DEMUTH IS THE DA HENCHMAN WHO REFUSED TO GET A SUBPOENA FOR THE RAMSEY PHONE RECORDS OR CREDIT CARDS.

Yep, the lawyers who were being used by the BPD for consultants on the case, when the BPD got desperate, told the BPD to get those warrants and now. It's INVESTIGATION 101. DeMuth REFUSED TO GET THEM!

And to this day, old DeMuth is on TV defending the Ramseys, went to work for Bynum's law firm after he left the BDA office when Lacy took over, and not ONE warrant has EVER been issued for the Ramsey's cell and house phones. Not to mention, Patsy wrote about using A CAR PHONE in Georgia when the grand jury was in session. Made me wonder if they had a car phone back in BOULDER?

We'll never, ever know. Thanks, DeMuth. You sorry excuse for an officer of the court and lawyer for the devil. You blew it and you're too stupid to see it or corrupt to care. I hope this *** runs for office. I swear, I'll crawl to Boulder on my knees to picket HIS campaign!

20. wombat

wombat Member

I've been posting about this for days. I don't get why there's no Feds involved. Of course, there might be and we don't know about it, however, when somebody here in NJ gets a Federal subpoena it's in the paper the next day. When you just get called for an interview by the FBI, they ask you not to talk about it, I happen to know.

We have a very active US Attorney, Christopher Christie, who in addition to just arresting 22 Bloods/Crips gang members here in Newark, started a Federal investigation against an incumbent Senator, Bob Menendez, while he is running against State Senator Tom Kean Jr.

I see in the Denver Post that the upcoming gubernatorial election in Colorado will probably feature former Denver DA Bill Ritter against an incumbent congressman named Beaupres? who I don't know. Was Ritter ever involved in all the cloak-and-dagger stuff Spade and Shadow write about? If so, then we could see a Federal probe soon.

The only other political recourse, I think, is the recall effort, but there seems to be nobody interested in that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice