On Yon Swamp Forum

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by zapata, Mar 19, 2002.

1. zapata

zapata Senior Member

Hir is reporting that the Ramsey vs Thomas suit has been settled.

Hir first posted that the judge had denied the change of venue, and the case would be tried in Atlanta. Hir then posted to forget it, the case has been settled.

Then hir started another thread announcing that Thomas has settled with the Ramseys.

Does anyone know if this is the truth?

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Wow Zapata. I have no idea.

I think now is a good time to remind everyone that Jammy spins things to make the Ramseys look good no matter what they have done. Including covering up the murder of JonBenet.

Let's wait and find out what the real story is.

I hate to even venture a guess but with Patsy's cancer I wonder if the suit was dropped in some sense.

Let's wait. It's really late. I am sure we will know more in the morning.

Tricia

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Yeh, hir's gloating

putting her own spin on it, but Why_Nut brought her down a peg or two when she reminded her of this:

"These people are not afraid of facing their accuser in a courtroom," Wood said of the Ramseys. "Let's put the jury in the box and determine who's right and who's wrong, who's telling the truth and who's lying."

MATT LAUER: And you said that you don't want to settle this lawsuit. You want to go right to court with this.

LIN WOOD: Look, I think I said, and accurately so, that I don't file lawsuits to settle them and John and Patsy didn't file this.

MATT LAUER: Are you open to a settlement?

LIN WOOD: This case is not a case that is amenable to settlement. I don't know what his publisher might do. Steve Thomas has hired a very good lawyer. I expected that he would. He made a lot of money on the book and I expect that we're going to litigate this case. We're prepared to litigate.

MATT LAUER: At this stage right now are the Ramseys public figures right now?

LIN WOOD: It's an interesting question. I am sure that everyone assumes that they are because they are so public in terms of this case and exposure.

MATT LAUER: The question has a bearing on this lawsuit.

LIN WOOD: It does and it's a legal issue and I would say there are questions here about whether you become a legal public figure when you basically go out and try to refute accusations made against you.

MATT LAUER: Because if they are public figures then there's a higher standard of proof required to prove defamation.

LIN WOOD: True. But under either standard of proof we are willing to take this case on. No question about that.

Thanks to Why_Nut, and I might add here - whatever is said about Steve Thomas not wanting to go to trial can also be said about the Ramseys and Lin Wood. All this posturing about Thomas and his attorneys being afraid of Wood is nonsense. I think it's the other way around. Another settlement for Wood - will he EVER try a case in court in our lifetime?

As to any money I donated to Steve Thomas's defense fund, what does jameson think - lawyers work for nothing? This was a nuisance case - I suspect Steve has better things to do with his time than dance to the Ramsey's tune. Settlements are made out of court every day - it's not an admission of guilt by any means - only good economic sense, considering the tremendous cost, both financial and personal, of lawyers and trials.

Jameson's claim that ST has to pay the Ramseys all the proceeds from his book may or may not be true - she says she doesn't know the settlement facts, so how the hell can she know that? Oh, that's right, she says it and it's fact. Not.

I have to laugh at jameson, though. Have you noticed all the defenses she has put up on her Danielle forum for Westerfield are the same things posters who believe in Ramseys' guilt have been telling her about them for years. She says none of the evidence against Westerfield can be dated. Hello? Haven't we been saying that about the footprint in the basement of the Ramsey's home and the palm print on the door? Hello? Hello? Hello? Haven't we been saying that about the questionable DNA in the JBR's underwear? Hello?

You can't even follow this woman's logic - because she is like a freaking yo yo. I guess she just enjoys defending baby killers - that's her modus operandi.

But, enough about jameson. Let's talk about something wonderful - like Steve Thomas. I don't blame him for wanting this albatross off his shoulders. The case is dead. He has a wife in Germany, his life has been on hold for months because of these sue-happy jerks. As far as I am concerned, I hope he heads for Germany to be with his wife, if that is what he wants. The Ramseys can choke on whatever blood money they got out of him - eventually this will all come around to bite them in their pompous a$$es, and their Rottweiller at the swamp will be in the quagmire with them. They make me puke.

4. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

My opinion for what it's worth

IMHO, until I hear directly from Steve Thomas that he settled this suit I will not buy into the Ramsey Spin. If the case was dropped or settled, IMHO it's because Patsy is in no condition to go forward with it.

I also find it interesting that there is nothing in the news on this "settlement," including on the AP wires.

5. Dunvegan

Dunvegan Guest

About the lawsuit...

I'm personally waiting to hear what Steve Thomas himself has to say...within the boundries of what he is allowed to say.

I'd rather wait a long time to hear what Steve has to say, directly from Steve Thomas, than to rely on a single word Jameson publishes. Ever.

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

Unfortunately, this appears to be true, guys. I logged onto both Cybersleuths and WS this a.m. and saw Candy's posting at both places that it is indeed true. Thomas has settled with those turds. And she mentioned it wasn't to be made public yet, that is probably why nothing is in the news yet. I about fell out of my chair and felt like the wind was knocked out of me. Unless Darnay can get something with his two suits, these people will continue to walk the earth leaving slime behind them every step of the way. And JonBenet will never see justice.

7. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Once again

I don't buy into the spin team. We need to hear this from Steve (as Dun said, whatever he can disclose.)

Perhaps, Steve's publisher decided it was in their best interest to settle rather than be tied up in litigation for years to come. In doing so, that does not mean they felt the case was going to lose. It also does not mean anyone on the Thomas side admitted to any wrong-doing. We need more information before drawing any conclusions, IMHO.

8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Dunvegan--I'm with you. I want to hear what Steve has to say about this and if it's been settled then maybe he'll speak. Unless part of the settlement is that neither side talks. I wouldn't be the least bit surprized if both sides said "look--this is costing too much money so let's drop it and agree never to speak about it."

Then quietly the spin would begin behind the scenes as if to imply ST lost...

9. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

You're right, Bob

"settled" could mean anything. We will probably never know for sure, but it's no coincidence this comes just after Patsy's cancer returned.

10. Tricia

I agree with all of you. I am going to wait to hear from Steve Thomas. Whatever the truth is I know in my heart when Thomas explains what is going on it will make sense.

Steve Thomas has never lied. I will wait to hear from him.

Intresting isn't it? Jameson defends the Ramseys, Westerfield, who is next?

Too bad Jammy and her forum wasn't around when John Wayne Gacy was on trial. Just think of the fun she would have talking to herself about not one murder of a young person but dozens of murders.

Let's wait. I will stand behind Steve Thomas. He is honest.

Tricia

11. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Me too...I want to wait...it really could be that the publisher decided to settle in which case ST wouldn't have any leverage over their decision.

It doesn't mean he lied in his book.
    It doesn't mean he lied in person

It, so far, just means the swamp is spinning...and you know what happens when you spin in circles too much too fast??? The new Olympic sport of hurling! Interesting how they want to know what the BORG think, and lock their forum down so we can't reply, and they can only a**ume...

12. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

ST wins again!

Showing his compassion and civility, Steve Thomas offered a settlement to John and Patsy Ramsey in their libel suit against him. Rather than prolong a legal entanglement involving a dying woman, Mr. Thomas, a strong and virtuous man, took pity on the Ramseys, who are the two major suspects in the murder of their daughter, JonBenet Ramsey.

The Ramseys' attorney, L. Lincoln Wood, jumped at the opportunity to settle the case, rather than face the formidable Daniel Petrocelli in a courtroom. Said Wood, "I am not a pu**y. I can beat Dan Petrocelli any old time. But I haven't had a paycheck in quite awhile. My horses need hay and oats. I can't wait forever for the eighty million we were going to get from Thomas and his publisher. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I'll take 30% of $10,000, and hope to get these goddamned Ramseys off my back forever. They are a-hinderin' my career as an outstanding tort attorney in the state of Georgia."

Source: Lurkernews 2002

13. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

That's how you do it!

Put me down for a subscription to LurkerNews!!

Spin to Win -
    rr

14. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Put me down for a subscription too!

What a kick Lurker...too funny!

15. Cookie

Cookie Member

Shady Past

Are you folks award of LL Woods shady past?

16. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

No, Cookie....

Tell us more. All we know is that he tried to get dates by posing with his horse for Jezebel magazine.

17. Tricia

Lurker News 2002 My new and only way to get the news!

Lurker that was classic.

Cookie I don't know much about Wood other than he has been married 4 or is it 5 times. Something about his father murdering his mother and oh yes, his magazine cover where he was looking lovingly into his horses eyes.

Anything you have to offer would be greatly appreciated.

By they way thank you WY for reminding us, from the horses mouth, that the Ramseys would not settle. This was not about money.

As the day goes on I am more and more confidant Mr. Thomas' explanation will make perfect sense.

18. Cookie

Cookie Member

Yep

Tricia, you're the WINNER!

Came from an article in the Atlanta Journal and Constitution. According to the article, he found his mother and that's the reason why he went into practicing law.

19. zapata

zapata Senior Member

Cookie

I tried to call you late last night when I found the post at the swamp queen forum. I think I woke your daughter. So sorry about that. I was just so upset and wanted to see if you had heard anything.

Apologies to your sweet daughter.

Also, let's ask this question: Will Steve now be free to file a suit against the Ramseys' in a Colorado court? They did call him a moron and an idiot on national television?

If this case is settled, I do believe it was due to the publisher's wanting to settle, and Steve had no choice. I think that mean's that the only person being out any money on this case in the settlement phase is the publishers. Now we need to know if the case was settled with prejudice or without prejudice. Correct me if I am wrong, I think if it is settled without prejudice the case can be refiled.

I too will wait to hear from Steve. I trust him with my heart and soul. He is every mother's son, a son anyone would be proud of.

If Steve chooses to go on with his life, then he has that right. He has been mired in this slime since Dec. 28, 1996. If I had my drathers, I would have him fight to the bitter end, but this is his life, and let's not forget he has a tyroid condition, his health has been stressed by this case. Let's also remember that it takes over a million or so dollars to fight this suit. We are not responsible for that bill, only Steve is. He has to do whatever is good for his wife and himself. How much is one man suppose to give?

Had Steve not taken the action he did when he resigned on August 06, 1998, then this case would not have even made it to the GJ, even though Hunter kept promising a GJ. We still owe Steve that much gratitude. He kept this case alive this long.

Maybe it is now our turn to pick up the torch for JonBenet. Write letters to the FBI and demand criminal investigation's into the dealings of the JonBenet foundation and that disgusting site of Susan Goebel's.

It is time that we too remind the swamp king/queen, that even though this elusive Keith Andrews is supposedly the one that came up with the FW did it theory, that she keeps that disgusting theory posted on her site and keeps popping the thread back up. It is time to come to the defense of FW, the Pugh's and all the people, even Tom Miller, that the Ramsey's threw under their bus.

The Ramsey's are sick, demended people in my humble opinion and they are spitting in the face of justice. They are laughing and their daughter lays moulting in the grave.

I think it is time to exume JonBenet's body and put an end to the piece of garbage called the stun gun theory. I know this sounds cruel, but it is no worse than what her parents have done to her. In fact it would be an act of kindness, at least JonBenet would know that enough of us cared to find the truth and disprove the spin that Jameon, Lou Smit and others has put on the stun gun crap.

zap

20. Cookie

Cookie Member

Eaten, Chewed and Spit Out

I doubt that Steve has the energy or resources to continue anything. He's been eaten up, chewed up and spit out.

We are "early birds" at this house.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice