Whose Pocket is being lined this time? JBR swingset on Ebay

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/Actual-Jon-Bene...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170029395335

The bidding STARTS at $15,000

2. heymom

heymom Member

3. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

How sad. Melinda should buy this for her kids.

4. heymom

heymom Member

I just reported this as Offensive Material to ebay. It will be pulled, I feel certain.

Heymom :scale:

5. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Truthfully, I'll be surprised if it's pulled. It may not be nice, but I do think it's perfectly legal

6. heymom

heymom Member

Well, the way I read this:

example, eBay may disallow sales of explicit crime scene photographs or morgue photos, while permitting military documentaries or photographs of war victims. eBay may also, in its discretion and out of respect for the families of murder victims, remove listings of items closely associated with individuals notorious for committing murderous acts within the last 100 years, such as personal belongings of such criminals, letters or artwork created by such criminals, or novelty items that bear the name or image of the criminal.

Further, eBay will remove any listing and suspend the users involved where it appears that a person convicted of a violent felony is attempting to use eBay (directly or through another person) to benefit financially from his or her criminal notoriety.

Items related to Natural Disasters or Human Tragedies

eBay does not permit listings that graphically portray, glorify or attempt to profit from human tragedy or suffering, which lack substantial social, artistic, or political value. This includes items that may be deemed inappropriate or insensitive to victims of natural disasters or human tragedies.

Exception: Items related to natural disasters or human tragedies that have substantial social, artistic or political value are generally permitted on eBay. Such items may include newspaper clippings, documentaries, books, and commemorative photographs or paintings.

it seems to me to be crime-related, as well as attempting to profit from human suffering. We'll see what happens, I suppose.

Heymom

7. Kelly

Kelly Member

It doesn't look like it did in July of 1997 when I was there. It had blue plastic around the chains to the swings, and I believe the seats were bright yellow. I could be wrong about the seat color, and they could of faded. I'm off now to dig up old pics. I have a good picture of the swingset somewhere.

8. heymom

heymom Member

And how would this person prove it was JonBenet's swingset at all??? Are there blond hairs still entwined in the chains? :(

Heymom

9. Kelly

Kelly Member

I found one picture that I will have scanned tomorrow and post. The swingset seats are blue plastic, and the chain is covered in a thick blue plastic sheath. It's very clear in my photo, I hope it scans and posts as well. There is a yellow slide in the background which is attached to a platform/treehouse.

The seats are this shade of blue :tsktsk: , and the plastic sheath on the chains are a royal blue.

10. Kelly

Kelly Member

It's not the same one!

Somebody is trying to make something off of nothing! I looked closer and those aren't the same seats, and the way the seats are connected to the chains are different. On JonBenet's REAL swingset, the bottom of the chains connect to a triangular metal (thing), which goes around the front and back of the seat and the seat is "hemmed" around it on the underneath side on both front and back. It's not the same seat, or the same chains. I'll have to study the pine wood for the markings to see if it's the same wood.

11. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Be sure to email a copy of JB's real swingset photo to the seller with a note that says "GOTCHA!"
    :sponge:

12. Kelly

Kelly Member

I plan on notifying ebay as soon as I get the picture scanned, then I will notify the person. What I say to him will probably be more vile than "GOTCHA!"

So many freaks are still out there trying to get fame and fortune from poor JonBenet.

13. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

even beyond authentitcity issues...

First...not to be hard-hearted, but what makes JonBenet's swing set worth FIFTEEN THOUSAND dollars? I don't get it.

But an even bigger question - what kind of sicko creep would auction off a murdered child's swingset on Ebay?

14. heymom

heymom Member

That's why I reported it as Offensive Material.

Heymom

15. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

Looks like they are going to let it stay on Ebay.

=======================================
    Swing set used by JonBenet back up on eBay
    written by: Jeffrey Wolf Web Producer

Created: 9/15/2006 12:05 PM MST - Updated: 9/15/2006 12:05 PM MST

BOULDER - eBay is allowing a swing set and play deck used by JonBenet Ramsey to be auctioned on its Website.

The two-piece set was located in the backyard of the Ramsey family home in Boulder up until the time JonBenet was murdered in December 1996.

eBay initially took the item down but agreed to put it back up after controversial wording was removed from the auction text.

The auction started Thursday, Sept. 14 and will end on Thursday, Sept. 21.

The starting bid is set at $15,000 with no reserve price.

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?...MPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf
    =======================================

16. tylin

tylin Banned

My sentiment's exactly.

17. Elle

Elle Member

Maybe they need more complaints heymom. We have a very insensitive world out there, don't we? Nice of you to try!

18. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Murderablia.

Try that word in your complaints.

19. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Maybe we should stir up some media chit. I'll register on Ebay as the Sonoma County Department of Corrections and place a bid on it.
    :devil:

20. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

An eBay auction for what was advertised as JonBenét Ramsey's elaborate backyard swing set was halted by the Web-based auction site Thursday after complaints about the sale.

The minimum bid for the swing set and play deck had been $39,000, but the items were removed by eBay late Thursday afternoon after complaints that the seller was charging a surcharge that violated company rules.

Word of the auction - which had not attracted any bidders before it was pulled - was a disturbing example of the sellers' trying to profit from the 6-year-old's brutal murder, according to one victims advocate.

"They're obviously using the name of JonBenét to fetch more than they normally would get for a used swing set," said Andy Kahan, crime victim advocate for Houston Mayor Bill White. "This is extreme bad taste."

Kahan said Thursday that an industry he calls "murderabilia" has long been marketing macabre items like the fingernails of serial killers or their artwork.

"This is the first time I've seen any piece of property used or owned by a victim being auctioned off," he said.

http://origin.denverpost.com/news/ci_4269988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice