Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

John's action was the beginning of the Rs condescending attitude toward the police, treating them as servants at best.

Of all the casualties of this, Officer French is one of those who gets at me the most. You know he will wish he opened that wine cellar door until the day he dies.

The other night I was reading Steve Thomas's book, the part where the police started to notice that Patsy and John were hustling Linda Arndt. Patsy started flashing the baby blues at Arndt soon after the 26th and got her to believe in Patsy As Victim.

Just another thing to grind my teeth over!!!

Default i wonder

maybe they had caller i.d. and JR knew who was calling when he answered the phone that way.

That is an odd way to answer the phone... That call came before 8.. The note said they would call between 8 and 10... maybe he just assumed it wasn't them because of what time it was, but still an odd way to answer the phone. I wondered the same thing Texan, does anyone know if they had caller ID? I don't remember reading that anywhere.

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    Fibers from John's shirt were found inside JBS underpants - this is very damaging evidence.

8-29-00 John Ramsey videotaped interview, Source: http://www.acandyrose.com/atl2000-i...john-ramsey.txt

7 Q. (By Mr. Levin) I've got some
    8 questions, Mr. Ramsey, that deal with fiber
    9 evidence, and this is probably going to be
    10 questions that your lawyer is going to advise
    11 you not to answer, but I would like to pose
    12 them to you.
    21 Q. (By Mr. Levin) Mr. Ramsey, it is
    22 our belief based on forensic evidence that
    23 there are hairs that are associated, that the
    24 source is the collared black shirt that you
    25 sent us that are found in your daughter's
    1 underpants, and I wondered if you --
    2 A. Bull****. I don't believe that.
    3 I don't buy it. If you are trying to
    4 disgrace my relationship with my daughter --
    5 Q. Mr. Ramsey, I am not trying to
    6 disgrace --
    7 A. Well, I don't believe it. I
    8 think you are. That's disgusting.

I suppose that in line 23 this was a typo, and it should read 'fibers' and not 'hairs', for the question was about fiber evidence.

Could you very well informed posters help me with a question: does there exist an official source on the internet aside from this interview where it says that the fibers found in JB's underwear matched those of John's black shirt?

For an IDI on another forum claims that what was said in the interview was merely "a police ploy which didn't work", i. e. a trick used by Levin to corner John Ramsey.
    Since the best way in such discussions is to confront the other person with officially established facts (CBI lab reports for example), tia for your help here.
    Someone could have a video of the murder and it wouldn't matter. I swear to God, no matter what is found out, the killer will go free.

Very discouraging.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by Tril
    I don't remember hearing if LE found anything incriminating on the Rs' computers. Were any computers taken into evidence? I recall hearing that some tabloid or another announced that Burke had sent an email to someone late on the 25th, but I don't think it was ever confirmed to be true.

I've always wondered if the Rs tried to look up information on the Internet during the staging.
    Tril, thank you for putting the "q's" in your signature.

How anyone can look at it and still say Patsy didn't write the note is beyond me.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJustice
    Why get rid of the tape and rope (granted Patsy's sister could have grabbed it during her mini-mart sweep) and leave the note pad in clear site, better yet why would you willing hand that notepad over if you had forgotten to get rid of it the first place..
    I think they left the pen and note pad there deliberately because they wanted to implicate the housekeeper LHP.
    Patsy stated that she thought the housekeeper had left a note for her on the stairs; it was Patsy herself who said (even before JB' dead body had been found!) that the low and irregular sum was strange. I suppose she wanted to suggest LHP might have seen John's recent payslip containing the bonus lying around somewhere on his desk. And the Ramseys mentioned that LHP had asked Patsy for a loan, and named her among the first suspects. There is no question imo about the Ramseys wanting to throw LHP under the bus with their staging.

Yeah, a lot of folks don't consider that they were already lining up lambs for slaughter.

I know I harp on this...but pluck away I will... I feel too many consider the whole event with the benefit of hidsight as it applies to the why's and wherefore's regarding the activities and methods of the Ramseys.. none of which is evident of some meticulously planned event.. Im sure there was never the intenrion that JB would die that night...so everything from that moment on was improvised , and done so with the bizzarre attitude to create a coverup...they used what was at hand..and applied their best efforts at a trail of clues..... they were trying to "Package " the event and subsequently ensure so much contamination of the crime scene as to make it useless ( the most effective thing they did , save "lose a few items off of the site ).

we can now look back and proffer this or that as being some continuous and plausible motive etc.. we expect all the bits of the jigsaw to fit..indeed we expect al the bits to be there...they arent and it wont !!....They had the good frtune ( for them ) to have the contacts and money to bull(y)doze this whole unfortunate event into the abyss that is Boulder..

its more brute force that skillful ruse....

Sleepy Hollow got woken up....and it chose th e "Snooze" button instead of getting up!!
    These are my opinions only ( no copying now !! ), and of course assume all to be innocent !! of course !!

No, that's a good message to keep harping on, Kanga! It's easy to "Monday Morning Quarterback" and look from where we are standing to see a completed bridge across the bay, but they were just flying by the seat of their pants, perhaps with a plan given to them by lawyers or people in or near law enforcement. I do think that Punisher is right, though, about the people they could blame right away. The more I think and consider, the more I think they both planned the cover-up. Maybe Patsy did the staging and John thought up the plan to put the spotlight away from them and onto whoever was close enough to catch the stuff they were spraying.

But whatever happened, it was only their good luck that the event happened in Boulder, Colorado. If they'd been in Charlevoix or Atlanta, I don't believe we'd be here right now.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

yes.....am pretty positive ( well as anyone can be ) that both were participants in the event post death...i just think maybe that was a solo function...but after that it was a team effort.. with patsy reminding him to stick by her...( just in case he was wavering )..
    and yes...quite possibly they had certain advice to try to camouflage in this manner or that..to point to any where but home etc.. and then they went to it with vigour.. .. they did the best they could with their resources...those being... the state of mind as was, the physical nature of the scene, the ppl at call.. etc.. ..
    all in all they did a pretty good job...how one loses a duaghter and "do a pretty good job" is well beyond my thinkings..but they did...

yep monday morning experts !! etc.. they must be in disbelief of the luck they have had since !!
    These are my opinions only ( no copying now !! ), and of course assume all to be innocent !! of course !!

Fear and adrenaline can do a lot for a person! I'm sure there was a lot of energy/terror in that house that night...it pains me to think.

Heymom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangatruth
    yes.....am pretty positive ( well as anyone can be ) that both were participants in the event post death...i just think maybe that was a solo function...but after that it was a team effort.. with patsy reminding him to stick by her...( just in case he was wavering )..
    and yes...quite possibly they had certain advice to try to camouflage in this manner or that..to point to any where but home etc.. and then they went to it with vigour.. .. they did the best they could with their resources...those being... the state of mind as was, the physical nature of the scene, the ppl at call.. etc.. ..
    all in all they did a pretty good job...how one loses a duaghter and "do a pretty good job" is well beyond my thinkings..but they did...

yep monday morning experts !! etc.. they must be in disbelief of the luck they have had since !!
    I agree that both John and Patsy staged the scene BEFORE they found out that someone under 10 couldn't be held criminally culpable. When Bynum told them that important fact, more than likely he also told them that possibly THEY could be held criminally culpable for their staging efforts. IMO this is the basis for the ongoing argument between Fleet White, the Ramseys and the Ramsey lawyers. (Remember Bynum telling FW to say out of it at 5PM 12/26/96)

My personal opinion, absolutely no confirmation from FW, is that the White's opinion was then and continues to this day that the only way out of this mess is to tell the truth. Too bad johnny boy doesn't agree.