Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kangatruth
    lol..possibly some intent of language gets lost in our different dilaects !! lol...

by brute force and ruse ..i shall clarify as to my meanings.... force is this instance nothing to do with the whack per se....just the method of ensurrignthe ramsey way got done and the little ol PD and BDA to follow his intents.. i.e brute force.. the bullying of his legalese henchmen..

there was no real cleverness to the ruse.. all made up on the fly.. grasping at this...and that...take this number..insert that acronym etc.. bumbling their way through the staging... had it been any reasonably competent police force both would have been behind bars.... they werent... more a case of ineptitude rather than any mesaurable ability to hoodwink with staging and such..

Their ( ramseys) story had more and bigger holes than the titanic...had the white line had Ramsey on side then DiCaprio would have been out of a job!!

quite simply the R's lucked out.. not by design...by happenstance !!
    Yes, the main luck they had was being in the People's Republic of Boulder, where the cops were intimidated by their social status and had been "dumbed-down" for true crime over years of the Hunter regime. They were seen as victims at first and the crime scene was not protected, even as a possible kidnapping scene. But I think the cops really did not know what to do, since they knew true policework would never be tolerated in Boulder. Heck, Steve Thomas says that if he defended himself while working, he would be disciplined and sent to "diversity training" or "criminal tolerance" classes for Pete's sake.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher
    And he still can't understand why.
    Oh, yeah, Douglas knows EXACTLY why he lost credibility. He knows WHAT he did that was contrary to EVERYTHING HE EVER WROTE about profiling BEFORE the Ramsey's bought and paid for him.

But he keeps lying about it. He can't or won't admit the truth. Which is why I now see that John Douglas, like Lou Smit, began to believe his own press. Obviously, Douglas has no problem lying, just like the criminals he once dedicated himself to catching.

His feet of clay have crumbled.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

The boobs from "Police Academy" could have done better!

If I were to assign resposibility for this case being FUBAR I would place 97% of the blame on the DA's office and 3% on the BPD.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    No! Not her housekeeper, Linda Hoffman Pugh, rashomon. She would not have known about the $118,000 bonus. Patsy Ramsey was the one who knew, although she denied it. This was purposely entered to detract the crime from them, and direct the Boulder Police to investigate the Access Graphics staff, because of the figure being the same as John Ramsey's bonus. This was Patsy and John's strategy. Jeff Merrick knew about his bonus and was interviewed. How could the Ramseys do this to a colleague of John's?

I heard the audio of Jeff Merrick on one of the youtube audios. He was a very well spoken intelligent man. and he was happy to tell his side of things.

http://dimwit.byethost5.com/jeff merrick.mp3 Courtesy of Yum Yum
    I don't mean that the housekeeper actually knew the sum, but the Ramseys could have suggested LHP might have seen John's payslip lying around somewhere. And since they had to write the ransom note on pen and paper from their own home, the idea of implicating the housekeeper may have been on their mind also. Not that the housekeeper was the only one they had in mind when concocting the note - therefore to make it appear as if an Access Graphics employee like for example Jeff Merrick had written the note may have been on the Ramseys' mind too. They simply threw everything they could into the mix of the RN, which is why the note as a whole is such a jumbled mess.
    There is no doubt imo that Patsy knew about the sum, and it is simply incredibly naive on the part of John Douglas to state that Patsy did not know the sum of John's bonus. All he had was her word that she didn't know!
    I never would have thought that a criminal profiler would let himself be deceived so easily. Fascinating.

rashomon posted:

"I never would have thought that a criminal profiler would let himself be deceived so easily."

John Douglas' work for the Ramsey's was compared to that of a high-priced whore. Douglas lost the respect of his peers...a terrible price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade
    If I were to assign resposibility for this case being FUBAR I would place 97% of the blame on the DA's office and 3% on the BPD.
    I agree. The mindset in Boulder at the time, and still today, seems to be that it's better for the police to love all members of the community and treat criminals with the respect they deserve. But this doesn't come from the cops directly. It's all from above, and the DA controls all that. The love-fest and sheer stupidity continue with Lacy on the job.

Hey
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

John Douglas' work for the Ramsey's was compared to that of a high-priced whore. Douglas lost the respect of his peers...a terrible price to pay.
    And he still can't understand why.

I totally agree.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase
    Oh, yeah, Douglas knows EXACTLY why he lost credibility. He knows WHAT he did that was contrary to EVERYTHING HE EVER WROTE about profiling BEFORE the Ramsey's bought and paid for him.

But he keeps lying about it. He can't or won't admit the truth. Which is why I now see that John Douglas, like Lou Smit, began to believe his own press. Obviously, Douglas has no problem lying, just like the criminals he once dedicated himself to catching.

His feet of clay have crumbled.
    I love your new psychic ability to post the answer to a question before the question is even asked!! How cool is this??? Please tell us who actually killed JonBenet, so we can have a wrap party and go back to our real lives!

rashomon posted:

"I never would have thought that a criminal profiler would let himself be deceived so easily."

I saw him on television right after the Karr thing exploded on the screen and the interviewer said "you were right after all" and he said "yes, I am getting all kinds of calls from former colleagues saying "John, you were right".

Looking back, I do not believe he received those calls at all. The profilers most likely did not believe Karr; I know I did not from the first. Why he (Douglas) would go on television at the time is beyond me. Nothing at all had been proven. He was like a teenager jumping up and down and NOT waiting to see if it were at all TRUE that Karr did it.

His credibility sinks to an all time low. And he did that to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by sboyd
    I saw him on television right after the Karr thing exploded on the screen and the interviewer said "you were right after all" and he said "yes, I am getting all kinds of calls from former colleagues saying "John, you were right".
    BWAH!!!

EGO.

Who's his agent? Do you think he's doing appearances now? Let's call him and see!