Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    There was a sweatshirt placed over here in the sitting room.
    A sweatshirt is what I remember too Jay, but wasn't it the living room? I think JR put her down originally in the entryway (hallway) and then she was moved to the living room in fairly close proximity to the tree.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

I thought it was both the blanket and the sweatshirt.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    There was a sweatshirt placed over here in the sitting room.
    I know about the sweatshirt, but I had read just read this in a post, which is why I asked the question about a possible second blanket.
    "I found the passage in PMPT too, on page 19 of the paperback:

"When John Ramsey and others rushed back to the front of the house, Patsy sat for a moment on a couch in the rear of the house looking out a window. She did not move despite all the shouting that JonBenet had been found. In the living room, John Ramsey grabbed a throw blanket off a chair and placed it over JonBenet's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Moab
    A sweatshirt is what I remember too Jay, but wasn't it the living room? I think JR put her down originally in the entryway (hallway) and then she was moved to the living room in fairly close proximity to the tree.
    I think 'sitting room' (British English ) is the same as 'living room' in American English.

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    I suppose Levin is referring to the blanket JB had been found wrapped in (in the wine cellar), and not the other blanket John Ramsey had placed over her in the living room?
    Absolutely!!!!!!

Now, WHY were Patsy's fibers all over the JonBenet's body and the room where she was found?

One of two answers:

1. She killed JonBenet.
    2. She staged the scene for the killer.

If the answer is #1, then why was she never tried for JonBenet's death? The DA had the fibers and had a high probablility that she wrote the note.

IMO the answer is #2

Now, the question becomes:

Who would she stage the scene for?

1. John Ramsey
    2. Burke Ramsey
    3. Santa Claus
    4. John Mark Karr

Again the answer is #2

Quote Originally Posted by Spade
    Absolutely!!!!!!

Now, WHY were Patsy's fibers all over the JonBenet's body and the room where she was found?

One of two answers:

1. She killed JonBenet.
    2. She staged the scene for the killer.
    Or two of two answers: Patsy was both the killer and the stager of the scene.

I think 'sitting room' (British English ) is the same as 'living room' in American English.
    Yes it is. Sorry. Sitting room = living room. If we're being posh, we call it the lounge :-) When we bought our house, it was described by the real estate person as the "drawing room". It hasn't been the drawing room since...
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

If so rashomon, then please answer this question:

If the answer is #1 & #2, then why was she never tried for JonBenet's death? The DA had the fibers and had a high probablility that she wrote the note.

If the answer is #1 & #2, then why was she never tried for JonBenet's death? The DA had the fibers and had a high probablility that she wrote the note.
    The answer is because Hunter never intended to prosecute a Ramsey. Any Ramsey. He knew he couldn't get a conviction even WITH the fibers and experts saying Patsy wrote the ransom note because any decent defense team would immediately question the cross-contamination of the crime scene, bring opposing experts who would say there was no 100% guarantee Patsy wrote the note because the writing was disguised, and expose a host of other prosecutorial problems. All a defense team had to do was bring in an iota of reasonable doubt, and it was all over. Look at OJ. If he could be declared not guilty, Patsy would have walked easily.

I am not PDI or BDI. All I know is, Patsy wrote the ransom note, and that the truth of what happened to JonBenet was covered up by her parents and by their wealthy and powerful connections in the state of Colorado. That cover-up continues to this day.
    Last edited by Cherokee; October 16, 2006, 3:19 pm at Mon Oct 16 15:19:44 UTC 2006. Reason: spelling - I've been around Brits & Aussies so much I'm starting to spell "defense" as "defence" ... :)

But even if the BPD had the fibers and the note, it could not be conclusively proven that it was Patsy who e. g. delivered the deadly head blow. For example, none of her fingerprints were found on a possible weapon - the flashlight had been wiped clean.
    Nor could the head blow be tied to any other Ramsey, and therefore it was impossible to determine which of them was originally responsible for JB's death.
    So even if it was Patsy who tied the cord around JB's neck, one could argue that she thought JB was already dead, and this again would leave her 'only' as the stager of the scene.
    But all this doesn't exclude her as the killer.

Just today I read in a newspaper article here in Germany that a child murder trial ended in acquittal for both parents because the prosecution could not prove beyond reasonable doubt which parent (both were suspects) had inflicted the deadly injury to the two-year-old.

But even if the BPD had the fibers and the note, it could not be conclusively be proven that it was Patsy who e. g. delivered the deadly head blow. For example, none of her fingerprints were found on a possible weapon - the flashlight had been wiped clean.
    Nor could the head blow be tied to any other Ramsey, and therefore it was impossible to determine which of them was originally responsible for JB's death.

So even if it was Patsy who tied the cord around JB's neck, one could argue that she thought JB was already dead, and this again would leave her 'only' as the stager of the scene.

But all this doesn't exclude her as the killer.

Just today I read in a newspaper article here in Germany that a child murder trial ended in acquittal for both parents because the prosecution could not prove beyond reasonable doubt which parent (both were suspects) had inflicted the deadly injury to the two-year-old.
    Excellent post, Rashomon! Well said.

This is exactly the reason the Ramsey case never went to trial. Except in the Ramsey case, there were THREE people who could have inflicted the deadly injury.

Neither Hunter or Kane ever had enough evidence to convince a jury beyond reasonable doubt which of the three struck the fatal blow.