"Lake" - former Justice Watch poster

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Spade

Spade Member

In 1997-98 I was an avid reader of the posts on JW by Lake. His theories seemed off the wall (he thought JonBenet died as the result of a plot devised by multiple juveniles) but at the same time, he had accurate information that was known to only a handful of people. Lake dropped out of sight during the grand jury and even though another JW poster had sent me copies of many of Lake’s posts, he fell out of my mind.

Several years ago, I was involved in a film project with a very well known author. During a story editing session the topic turned to the Ramsey case. The author said she had an acquaintance that was “so obsessed†with the case that he had posted incessantly on the internet as “Lakeâ€.

Lake was Mark Ohlshaker, John Douglas’ writing partner and the author of the Ramsey segment in Crimes that Haunt Us. Lake’s “off the wall†theory gained credibility with me.

2. Elle

Elle Member

Could you post a synopsis of Lake's theory, Spade?

Sometimes when I'm searching for some information, I come across some weird theories out there, and can't read them.

3. Spade

Spade Member

Elle_1

I just searched my storage room where I thought I had stored copies of Lake's posts. No Luck. As I recall Lake's theory was the topic of a lengthy JW thread titled: Juvenile Theory. If anyone saved those posts, please copy some of them here so I might refresh my memory.

4. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

don't know about Lake

other than he had an arrogant attitude like Douglas....iow, don't question my theory as I know what I'm talking about.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Well, that is one mystery solved, Spade.....now if you could just wrap up this other matter..... :bowdown:

You should contact ACR to see if she has the CD's from the JW days - I know that I will help you out by checking through the on-line archives over the weekend.

6. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Yes, ACR most definately has some of the posts archived,

All I remember is Lake was one of the most obnoxious posters ever.

7. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I thought Lake was a woman!

8. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

9. Spade

Spade Member

Sabrina- The link to Delphi isn't active. Thanks for the effort.

"Lake was Mark Ohlshaker, John Douglas’ writing partner and the author of the Ramsey segment in Crimes that Haunt Us. Lake’s “off the wall†theory gained credibility with me."

John Douglas, a former FBI profiler, was one of the 1st outside experts hired by the RST(After Gregg McCrary had turned them down). Douglas was treated like a member of the BPD investigative team; not a Ramsey hired gun. However, as time wore on, I began to hear very derogatory comments about Douglas from my LE friends. Quips like "sellout" and "gone over to the darkside" were common.

When I found out who Lake was, I realized that Douglas had been leaking confidential Ramsey case information to Ohlshaker, who was posting tidbits on JW.

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Sellout is right.

Now he claims he never did anything of the kind. He sure has a bad memory for a lawman!

11. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Hang on. I don't remember that Douglas was treated as a member of the BPD investigative team. I remember Douglas complaining that he went to the BPD and they wouldn't listen to his advice. He went to the BPD after he had been hired and paid by the Ramseys, when he had already concluded after a couple of hours with John Ramsey and whatever case info he'd been fed by the Ramsey law team that the Ramseys were innocent.

I remember Lake and he was an a$$hole, plain and simple. His theory involved having several kids come to the house that night and commit the murder, if I remember correctly. Whatever Douglas was feeding Lake, it wasn't helping him get to the truth anymore than it helped Douglas, who to this day still preaches that his employment for the Ramseys did nothing to cause him to abandon everything he'd ever written about "caring for the body" by the family in the murder of a loved one.

But I will say this: in the chapter of Douglas' book on this murder, there is one very curious section amidst all the BS: a case involving the murder of a mother is recounted in which her husband killed her and then put her body in a separate part of the property, maybe a garage basement, can't remember specifically. The father/husband did that so that their SON wouldn't be the one to find her when he got home from school. The husband staged it to make it look like an INTRUDER did it. But the husband was the killer. I remember thinking DUH! Hello?! Yeah! GET A CLUE, DOUGLAS.

12. Spade

Spade Member

koldcase

"Hang on. I don't remember that Douglas was treated as a member of the BPD investigative team. I remember Douglas complaining that he went to the BPD and they wouldn't listen to his advice. He went to the BPD after he had been hired and paid by the Ramseys, when he had already concluded after a couple of hours with John Ramsey and whatever case info he'd been fed by the Ramsey law team that the Ramseys were innocent."

There were several meetings in the early months of the case that were attended by Douglas and Ellis Armistead. I don't recall Douglas complaining that the BPD wouldn't listen to him but I do think Douglas experienced health problems that had caused him to lose the secret sauce and 1/2 of the sesame seed bun from his happy meal.

13. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I believe I heard Douglas complaining about this in a TV appearance, but it has been years, so I can't point to it this minute. I know Thomas wrote about Douglas' trying to convince them that an intruder was the perp. But I am sure that I heard Douglas making the complaint that the BPD wouldn't listen to him and weren't receptive to his ideas when he went to them as a Ramsey team member, after his meeting with John Ramsey.

I also remember that Douglas said that the Ramsey lawyers were very relieved when he told them that John was telling the truth, in his opinion. I remember Douglas stating that he'd interviewed many criminals and that if John was lying, he had Douglas fooled. Then Douglas said he couldn't do a "profile" of the killer because he hadn't seen the case files, but that what he knew about the crime scene told him that it was probably a male between the ages of blahblahblah.

I think Douglas was also promoting a book or something at the time, wasn't he? Was he on LKL or a show like that after he'd done his assessment for the Ramseys? It has been so many years ago, but I'm sure I saw Douglas on TV, because I was a huge fan of his books and when he spoke, I listened.

Now I'm just very disappointed in him and question his character. I read some Douglas writings shortly after I came online on a site called APB.com. Douglas was a guest columnist and I read all his columns for that site. And there it was: an entire column on "caring for the body" in a family murder, which went right along with EVERYTHING found in the Ramsey cellar room. But there was Douglas, denying all that he had written about the subject to proclaim that AN INTRUDER DID IT.

Guess even our heroes have feet of clay.

14. Tril

Tril Member

As Spade pointed out, Douglas was the Rs' second choice, after Gregg McCrary turned them down.

I found this tidbit during a "Gregg McCrary" search:

http://joshua-7.com/jonbenet/6_16_97.htm

Developments the week of June 16, 1997:

Snip from second article:

15. Spade

Spade Member

Tril

Former profiler Gregg McCrary, who headed the FBI Academy's child killer unit, was stunned when he learned that the Ramseys had been house-hunting in Atlanta and then went on vacation. "Just a few weeks ago the Ramseys were telling the world that they would devote the rest of their lives toward bringing JonBenet's killer to justice," McCrary told GLOBE. "Yet their actions are the complete opposite. This all points to their being responsible."

"Their actions reveal no intention of trying to track down a killer but show they simply want to escape the situation."

McCrary says: Truly grieving parents don't go on vacation. They get TOO involved and bang on the police door. They pound and scream. They're at the police HQ every living minute.

He also found it bizarre that the Ramseys were nonchalant about the safety of their surviving son, Burke. During the vacation, GLOBE spotted Burke sailing with his young buddy Doug Stine in a dinghy on the choppy lake waters.

For 15 minutes, Burke was out of sight of his parents, but they never seemed worried that he might have a boating accident - or that he might be grabbed by strangers. "Parents who've had one child murdered by an intruder are fearful," says McCrary. "They watch over surviving kids like a mother hen with chicks. They provide protection."

The Ramseys' behavior suggests they have no fear of a stranger striking again - because they know who killed JonBenet.

Good find Tril----Thank you. Gregg McCrary and I have had several telephone conversations about this case. He is a very intelligent man.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Spade, this url opened okay for me. There are posts like the following listed from 1998:

<TABLE class=sec cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=folderhead vAlign=center align=left colSpan=3>March 1998 Joshua-7</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>23 Msgs </TD><TD align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR><TR class=lrow1><TD vAlign=top noWrap>[​IMG] </TD><TD class=msgsub vAlign=top>03011998BNF- Jameson Is [8] </TD><TD class=wintiny vAlign=top noWrap align=left>11/18/2001</TD></TR><TR class=lrow2><TD vAlign=top noWrap>[​IMG] </TD><TD class=msgsub vAlign=top>03211998J-7- Soiling Information [15] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

17. Tril

Tril Member

Spade, it's very interesting that you've visited with McCrary about the case. From my online search, I see he's been quite outspoken in his belief - or at least suspicion - that the Rs were involved.

With regards to the snip I posted... like the Ramseys, the Stines didn't seem worried that someone might steal their son either. This apparent fact has struck me all along. Susan Stine drove Burke and the Stines' son Doug to and from school when Burke returned to school after JonBenet's death, yet it wasn't until they arrived at the school that any anti-foreign faction measures ("Burke Watch" and the bogus alarm system) went into effect.

Although Doug Stine and Burke Ramsey were best friends before JonBenet died, the adult Stines didn't become close friends of the Ramseys until afterwards.

I think the Stines know the truth about what happened to JonBenet.

18. Spade

Spade Member

Tril

"Susan Stine drove Burke and the Stines' son Doug to and from school when Burke returned to school after JonBenet's death, yet it wasn't until they arrived at the school that any anti-foreign faction measures ("Burke Watch" and the bogus alarm system) went into effect."

I agree Tril, that is why the pit bull's name should alway be posted as:

Susan Stine ABK

19. Spade

Spade Member

Nothing opens up for me, maybe a rock of crack is stuck in my keyboard. Please post some of Lake's posts here.

20. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I want to go first!!!

Susan Stine ABK is the Monkey in the Middle of way too many of the Cover-Ups in this case and I eagerly await the knowledge of where her chips will fall when this ride is finally over.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice