Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Only if he were in police custody. And they could ask him whatever they wanted, without a lawyer. If it turned out that said son had something to do with his brother's death, he'd need to stay in police custody for his own safety.

Heymom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    Right on Tricia. I love that Jeralyn Merritesque line "everyone reacts differently"--which really is basically saying that you should leave your reasoning abilities at the door. You know, like when a woman is raped, you shouldn't assume that she'd be apprehensive around men she didn't know, or that she'd be afraid to be alone. She might, instead, choose to parade down the street in the middle of the night, nude, singing Christmas carols. You just can't predict these things. She might buy a girraffe. She...she...there's just no way of knowing.

Or take the situation of your daughter being kidnapped in the middle of the night. Now, Know-it-alls like Tricia and Freebird might assume that you'd wake your son who was in the next room, to see if he heard anything or at the very least, make sure he's not the next kid to turn up missing. NO WAY--you just cannot assume these things.

Hey, I'll go you one further and say that I if I woke up to find one child missing and a note talking about beheading etc...I'd sure as heck go in and ACTUALLY DO INVENTORY ON THE OTHER KID. You know, like, is he still there and is his head still attached to his body?

And, I'm sorry. No one could ever convince me that there could be a normal mother who would not do the same. Run into the room, take the remaining child in their arms...and even ask them if they heard anything or saw anything. And then hold onto them for (their) dear life.

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Maybe Burke needed his beauty sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlsim
    Hey, I'll go you one further and say that I if I woke up to find one child missing and a note talking about beheading etc...I'd sure as heck go in and ACTUALLY DO INVENTORY ON THE OTHER KID. You know, like, is he still there and is his head still attached to his body?

And, I'm sorry. No one could ever convince me that there could be a normal mother who would not do the same. Run into the room, take the remaining child in their arms...and even ask them if they heard anything or saw anything. And then hold onto them for (their) dear life.
    I would be SCREAMING AT my other child. DID YOU HEAR ANYTHING? DID YOU SEE ANYTHING? YOUR BROTHER IS GONE! ARE YOU SURE YOU DIDN'T HEAR OR SEE ANYTHING? I mean screaming, not asking. We all would be, out of plain naked fear. No fear from the Ramseys, none at all.

If the deadline for calling came and went, would I sit without a word, not a sound? NO! I'd be freaking out AGAIN!!! THINKING MY CHILD WAS BEING BEHEADED AT THAT MOMENT AND I WAS HELPLESS TO PREVENT IT!! We all would. Except the Ramseys.

When one of my sons skateboards around the block, and hasn't returned by the time he said he would, my stomach starts knotting up. I worry that someone snatched him off the street. One time, I couldn't locate said son for some time, and I was literally beginning to feel total stark panic. You just go cold inside, and one part of you is already screaming, and the other part is starting to go through the steps, "OK, where do you look first? OK, if he's not there, should I call the police? OK, where could he have gone?" "It's time to call the police!" all the time with the inner scream going on.

I sound crazy, don't I? If something like what happened to JonBenet happened to one of my boys, I really don't know if I could make it. I wouldn't be taking any vacations the next year, unless it was to the looney lockup.

Heymom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

Default why

And why wouldn't you think it would be possible the kidnappers could still be in the house? You not only would check on the other child but one parent would stay with him and the other make a call to the FBI or lockheed security. I don't know that I would search the house in case someone was still there with a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan
    And why wouldn't you think it would be possible the kidnappers could still be in the house? You not only would check on the other child but one parent would stay with him and the other make a call to the FBI or lockheed security. I don't know that I would search the house in case someone was still there with a weapon.
    Yes, that would be a possibility, but I would think that if the kidnappers left the note, and the child is gone, that it is probable they are gone too. That is how kidnappers operate. I would not expect a kidnapper to have stayed in the house and wrote the note there, nor would I expect the child to be somewhere in the house, dead. The SOP for a kidnapping with ransom is to break into the house, take the child away, and leave a note about how to get the child back. If the child is gone, so is the kidnapper. The ransom note didn't say anything about returning to get Burke, did it? Nothing specific about that.

I would arm myself while searching the house. No, the other child would not be left alone, no way, never. If I didn't feel that we could protect him sufficiently, I would insist that police take him into custody for protection. Unless it's Boulder, in which case I would never trust anyone there with my child.

Heymom

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

we could list ten million reasons why the focus should be on the three people in the locked home with the staged crime scene and dead child--but the real question is why does the Boulder DA seem to feel that none of those reasons is as legit as the incoherent ramblings of an internet nut like Karr?

It really makes you wonder...

Honestly I'm sure I would been screaming out her name searching the house and then into the neighborhood, it's just a natural instinct to go looking regardless of a note saying she was gone. My mind would not be able to grasp that truth for a while intil I had searched and searched and not found her. I really don't even know if I would have stopped to call 911 until I had even run thru the neighborhood.

Am I different or is this a normal reaction of people?

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird
    Honestly I'm sure I would been screaming out her name searching the house and then into the neighborhood, it's just a natural instinct to go looking regardless of a note saying she was gone. My mind would not be able to grasp that truth for a while intil I had searched and searched and not found her. I really don't even know if I would have stopped to call 911 until I had even run thru the neighborhood.

Am I different or is this a normal reaction of people?
    Of course that's normal. I probably would do the same. Yelling and running or driving around the streets calling. But if I had a note, I might not look for long, b/c I would start to believe it. And then I'd start to really freak out. I might pass out or something. I can put myself in that place and start to panic in a nanosecond. My kids are the most precious things on earth to me.

Heymom

Sure but you would still feel the need to search for yourself before you started to accept the unthinkable. I know I wouldn't have immediately started calling friends wasting time chatting on the phone before I actually searched. I can't get passed that, that the Rams did not bother to look for their daughter.

Default I did A LOT of research

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    Sabrina, I just did a little research on Mark Olshaker, and I think you are right that Mark Olshaker was not elderly in 1999. In addition, from what I could find, .
    which you can read in earlier posts on this thread. I believe Lake was more than one person, and for the naieve, the Lake on the talk show was likely NOT the Lake who posted on JW.

Do a little research jazzyboss@hotmail.com and then get back to us.... I'd like to compare notes.
    "The pedigree of honey
    Does not concern the bee,
    A clover, at any time, to him,
    is aristocracy."
    Emily Dickinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird
    Sure but you would still feel the need to search for yourself before you started to accept the unthinkable. I know I wouldn't have immediately started calling friends wasting time chatting on the phone before I actually searched. I can't get passed that, that the Rams did not bother to look for their daughter.
    Yeah, and would you call your pastor to come over??? I can't think of anyone I would invite over to a "Kidnapped!" Breakfast Party...except the FBI, and any mafia friends I happened to have.

Of course they knew where she was, and it wasn't far away.

Heymom