Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Burke

He's a very handsome lad, and sounds quite normal from his profile postings.
    His girlfriend is adorable. I wish them luck in the future, and much happiness to erase the sorrow of the past.

Burke did not kill JonBenet. I have always found that theory as ridiculous as the various jamscam, louscam, and traceyscam theories.

He's cute, but my God, he's only read one book in his entire life? I wouldn't want my daughter dating someone who matched his profile...wait...let me check my 20 year old son's MySpace........yep, much more evolved than Burke...and he reads in both English AND Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerXIV
    Burke did not kill JonBenet. I have always found that theory as ridiculous as the various jamscam, louscam, and traceyscam theories.
    Lurker, perhaps you should listen to Cyril Wecht when he says nothing that was done to JonBenet couldn't have been done by Burke.

When I was in the 6th grade, one of my classmates accidentally shot and killed his sister. He was out of school for a couple of weeks afterwards, and during his absence all of the students in the school were warned by the teachers (and our parents) not to talk about the accident or the death with each other, or to mention the tragedy to the boy when he returned. We were to avoid the subject at all costs. We were allowed to give him quick hugs when he came back to school, but not to mention what had happened. We were not even supposed to offer condolences, because after all, he was the one who'd caused his sister's death, albeit by accident.

The best place for Burke was school, and the Rs knew it. No one - students, teachers, reporters - no one was going to question him or talk to him about his sister's death there. "Burke Watch" not only protected him from the small foreign faction (haha) but from anyone who might try to question him about the tragedy, or try to get him to talk about it. Instead of an umbrella of suspicion, Burke was placed under a web of protecton. As for the possibility that Burke might spill the beans, why would he? John and Patsy likely coached him till they were blue in the face and filled him with horror stories of what could happen to him if he did spill the beans, and besides, what kid would want to admit even accidentally killing his sister while playing doctor? (Anyway, that's what I think happened.)

The Rs were smart sending Burke back to school. Their doing so totally convinced the police, and a lot of other people, that Burke didn't do it. Yep, very smart move.

The Rs were also smart in sending him to the Whites on the 26th, away from any law enforcement officers who might want to question him. When one officer did go to the Whites and ask him questions, the Rs had a fit. How dare Burke be questioned without their permission!

BDIers are reviled everywhere, it seems. It's fine, of course, on RDI forums to say Patsy did it, or John did it, or both of them did. But for anyone to suggest that maybe Burke did it, well, that's a horse of a different color. It angers many posters. To them, it's almost a sacrilege.

Although most posters here seem to agree that an intruder didn't kill JonBenet, none of us knows for a fact who did. I've always liked reading and thinking about other posters' opinions and theories, even when they don't jibe with mine. I wish everyone did.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStrat
    Lurker, perhaps you should listen to Cyril Wecht when he says nothing that was done to JonBenet couldn't have been done by Burke.
    Probably half the murders committed are done by persons younger and smaller than the victim. Truth is with a head injury even JonBenet could have killed Burke. Heck, with the right weapon JonBenet could have felled John. Burke's even more good for it now that Karr's escapade has exposed the DA as incompent and corrupt. Karr was arrested with 99% less circumstancial evidence than they ever had on the Ramseys.

I don't know what some posters are talking about Burke being good looking, this portrait is just plan evil...

And maybe he doesn't read because he can't. I remember questions about some developmental disorder like autism or another syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tril
    He likes South Park. I wonder if he saw the episode featuring his mom and dad, Gary Condit and OJ.
    Ahhhh that's what I was wondering!

Why isn't the RST looking for 'some Puerto Rican guy'?

Quote Originally Posted by Tril
    When I was in the 6th grade, one of my classmates accidentally shot and killed his sister. He was out of school for a couple of weeks afterwards, and during his absence all of the students in the school were warned by the teachers (and our parents) not to talk about the accident or the death with each other, or to mention the tragedy to the boy when he returned. We were to avoid the subject at all costs. We were allowed to give him quick hugs when he came back to school, but not to mention what had happened. We were not even supposed to offer condolences, because after all, he was the one who'd caused his sister's death, albeit by accident.

The best place for Burke was school, and the Rs knew it. No one - students, teachers, reporters - no one was going to question him or talk to him about his sister's death there. "Burke Watch" not only protected him from the small foreign faction (haha) but from anyone who might try to question him about the tragedy, or try to get him to talk about it. Instead of an umbrella of suspicion, Burke was placed under a web of protecton. As for the possibility that Burke might spill the beans, why would he? John and Patsy likely coached him till they were blue in the face and filled him with horror stories of what could happen to him if he did spill the beans, and besides, what kid would want to admit even accidentally killing his sister while playing doctor? (Anyway, that's what I think happened.)

The Rs were smart sending Burke back to school. Their doing so totally convinced the police, and a lot of other people, that Burke didn't do it. Yep, very smart move.

The Rs were also smart in sending him to the Whites on the 26th, away from any law enforcement officers who might want to question him. When one officer did go to the Whites and ask him questions, the Rs had a fit. How dare Burke be questioned without their permission!

BDIers are reviled everywhere, it seems. It's fine, of course, on RDI forums to say Patsy did it, or John did it, or both of them did. But for anyone to suggest that maybe Burke did it, well, that's a horse of a different color. It angers many posters. To them, it's almost a sacrilege.

Although most posters here seem to agree that an intruder didn't kill JonBenet, none of us knows for a fact who did. I've always liked reading and thinking about other posters' opinions and theories, even when they don't jibe with mine. I wish everyone did.
    Now, Tril, please don't get your undies in a twist about this! I want to hear any and all theories. Well, except the insane ones. I personally don't think Burke did it, but I can definitely see your reasons for believing that. They are just about as plausible as any others. Since we are unlikely to ever know what happened that night, we are just whistling in the wind, so to speak, but one of us might come up with an explanation for everything, or someone might confess, which I guess is why you guys are still here. I am thankful that you are!

Heymom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by MlazyV
    And maybe he doesn't read because he can't. I remember questions about some developmental disorder like autism or another syndrome.
    He can read!!! He is a sophomore at PURDUE UNIVERSITY!!! Majoring in Computer Technology! Here are the classes offered by the department!

Subject Course Number and Title Credit
    C&IT 071 - Information Technology Internship
    Designator Required 0.00
    C&IT 105 - Introduction To C Programming 3.00
    C&IT 111 - Computer Literacy
    Cancelled 1.00
    C&IT 135 - Personal Computing Technology & Applications 2.00
    C&IT 136 - Personal Computing Technology & Applications 3.00
    C&IT 141 - Internet Foundations, Technologies, and Development 3.00
    C&IT 155 - Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming 3.00
    C&IT 172 - Introduction to Application Development 3.00
    C&IT 175 - Visual Programming 3.00
    C&IT 176 - Information Technology Architectures 3.00
    C&IT 180 - Introduction To Systems Development 3.00
    C&IT 199 - Topics In Computer Technology
    Designator Required 1.00 to 3.00
    C&IT 199T - Information Technology Freshman Seminar 1.00
    C&IT 230 - Data Communications 3.00
    C&IT 235 - Work Group & Network Computing Applications 3.00
    C&IT 255 - Programming For The Internet 3.00
    C&IT 267 - Introduction To C++ Language Programming 3.00
    C&IT 272 - Database Fundamentals 3.00
    C&IT 276 - Systems Software & Networking 3.00
    C&IT 280 - Systems Analysis And Design Methods 3.00
    C&IT 295 - Object-Oriented Programming 3.00
    C&IT 299 - Computer Technology
    Designator Required 1.00 to 6.00
    C&IT 310 - Career Planning And Placement Seminar 1.00
    C&IT 330 - Local Area Networking And Systems Administration 3.00
    C&IT 343 - Advanced System And Network Administration 3.00
    C&IT 346 - Wireless Networking 3.00
    C&IT 372 - Database Programming 3.00
    C&IT 380 - Advanced Analysis and Design 4.00
    C&IT 392 - Enterprise Data Management 3.00
    C&IT 405A - Software Development Methodologies
    Meets with C&IT581Y 3.00
    C&IT 430 - Internetwork Design And Implementation 3.00
    C&IT 443 - Enterprise Network Management 3.00
    C&IT 450 - Enterprise Application Development 3.00
    C&IT 455 - Network Security 3.00
    C&IT 480 - Managing Information Technology Projects 3.00
    C&IT 487 - Database Administration 3.00
    C&IT 490 - Senior Project
    C&IT 499 - Computer Technology
    C&IT 499A - Introduction to Health Information Systems 3.00
    C&IT 499B - Biomedical Informatics 3.00
    C&IT 499D - Small Scale Digital Device Forensics 3.00
    C&IT 499F - Introduction To Computer Forensics
    Meets with C&IT581F 3.00
    C&IT 499R - Advanced Design 3.00
    C&IT 499S - Advanced Topics In System Analysis And Design 3.00
    C&IT 551 - Information Technology Economics
    Cancelled 3.00
    C&IT 553 - Quality Management In Information Technology 3.00
    C&IT 581A - Advanced Topics In Cyber Forensics 3.00
    C&IT 581B - Biomedical Informatics: Systems Development 3.00
    C&IT 581F - Introduction To Computer Forensics
    Meets with C&IT499F 3.00
    C&IT 581G - Advanced Wireless Network 3.00
    C&IT 581V - Special Topics In Cyber Forensics 3.00
    C&IT 581Y - Software Development Methodologies
    Meets with C&IT405A 3.00
    C&IT 590 - Special Problems In Computer Technology
    Designator Required 1.00 to 6.00
    C&IT 598 - Directed MS Project
    C&IT 698 - Research MS Thesis
    Designator Required 1.00 to 18.00 (MS)
    Since he's a sophomore, he's probably taking the ones that begin with a "2".

Based on this course list, the girlfriend, the membership in the pilot's club (he can fly a plane), the skateboarding, and his general appearance, I think we can conclude the following:

Burke is smart
    Burke can read
    Burke can do calculus
    Burke is socially active
    Burke is not autistic
    Burke does not have Asperger's syndrome
    Burke is heterosexual
    Burke is physically coordinated
    Burke is athletic
    Burke is on his way to a successful life

And, saying you don't read just means you are male. Reading is not the first thing guys want to do, and this is well-researched and well-documented. Reading takes sitting still and being inactive, which can be hard for active NORMAL males. My 2 boys will read their assigned texts, comic books (Calvin & Hobbes, Zits), car magazines, the Bible, and that's about it. My younger son has just discovered a book and a Website, called GuysRead, started by an author, which is promoting reading to guys.

Burke seems like a pretty normal male of his age to me, but of course I don't know him at all.

Heyom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

I'm a bookworm.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    I'm a bookworm.
    Well, it's not 100% true. My hubby reads too. In fact, it's probably the younger generations more than we...er...seasoned citizens...Not knowing how old YOU are, mind you! I know there are guys who do read, but the stats say that young men just don't. That's another rant, though, most all our young people are functionally illiterate.

My own computer nerd does read, when he needs to find a fix for his machines.

Heymom

I'm not adverse to any theory. Why should I be?