Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 63
  1. #37

    Default

    Hubby does not read much. He's the active type. Son said hubby would be planting flowers at his own grave.

    Son reads. Even read the Bible twice in the last couple of years. He's a Jesus guy. Take that, Mom!

    Grandson reads. His class won a fourth grade trophy last year for the annual Book Reading competition. They have a game show-like competition at the end, where each class has a few students who go up against the other classes to answer questions about the books. He buried them. He has a near photographic memory. Which isn't fun when you said something you don't want him to remember, but he ALWAYS remembers, even YEARS later.... He also likes for me to read to him. We're on book five of the Harry Potter series. I am not making this up. Every single word out loud. And that woman writes more than I do.

    But different people have different interests. Son also was a rabid skateboarder until he had a family. I have occasionally been able to find a book hubby found interesting enough to read. Usually about war, like "The Things They Carried" or something like that.

    The most I can envision Burke being involved in the murder is that he might have been the one playing "doctor" with JonBenet prior to that night. Or maybe not. He might have been the one who struck the headblow with the maglight or a golf club...or not. Those are the things I have not been able to find any evidence to prove who did those two things, which I believe were the triggering events that led one or more of the parents to stage the note, the vaginal injuries that night, and the garrote, which finally ended JonBenet's life.

    Burke will never be free of this murder. People will always wonder about him and his family. That's the legacy he will live with all his life. But he's got a little money, hasn't he? I'm sure he'll find women who will be interested in him because of his notoriety and money. Death row inmates have plenty. But maybe he can find someone who loves him for himself. I hope so, because whatever his part was or if he had no part at all, he was a child. He's not responsible for his parents' choices and actions.

    And no, I wouldn't want my daughter near him. There's still a killer out there...remember?

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  2. #38

    Default

    I don't think he was involved at all (BobC wrote some great posts about why Burke probably doesn't know anything, on another thread).

    I feel bad for him. In a sense, he's had to carry the burden of his parents' dubious behaviour for the last 10 years, and will probably continue to do so for the rest of his life. He's had to endure embarrassment and humiliation, people whispering behind his back everywhere he goes, along with the painful memory of having lost his baby sister.

    I can't imagine going through life, not knowing what my parents were truly capable of, wondering if they're murderers and liars everytime I looked at them... that's enough to screw anyone up in the head.
    Occam's Razor... "One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything."

  3. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ploppy_Slopper
    I don't think he was involved at all (BobC wrote some great posts about why Burke probably doesn't know anything, on another thread).

    I feel bad for him. In a sense, he's had to carry the burden of his parents' dubious behaviour for the last 10 years, and will probably continue to do so for the rest of his life. He's had to endure embarrassment and humiliation, people whispering behind his back everywhere he goes, along with the painful memory of having lost his baby sister.

    I can't imagine going through life, not knowing what my parents were truly capable of, wondering if they're murderers and liars everytime I looked at them... that's enough to screw anyone up in the head.
    I agree with you.
    Obviously, I don't know what happened any more than anyone else. I'm open to any theories that fit the facts we know. I just don't think Burke having done it fits the facts (but I wouldn't get mad at someone who thinks they do).
    So, if you were 6 yrs old, would you eat pineapple with a stranger in the middle of the night? What about the pineapple that was found in Jonbenet's small intestine?

  4. #40
    BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    4,430

    Default Thanks Ploppy

    My feelings about Burke are just simple, logical reasoning. You don't control every word your wife says in the press for years, while letting your 9 YO run around everywhere blabbing. That is the most irrational thing I've ever heard.

    Guys listen--there are people in and around this case who magically decided who did this murder the minute it happened, before 95% of the evidence came to light. One such person was putting up signs with John Ramsey's face on them, saying Wanted For Murder, all around Boulder the day after the murder. I was shocked when I found this out, becuase this guy was smart and became a friend of mine in the months to come. I was shocked that he'd come to that conclusion before knowing anything about the crime scene. It's one thing to say this situation stinks and that it looks like an inside job, but it's quite another to say John Ramsey did the deed. To this day, nobody can say that for sure.

    Beware of people who come to magical decisions and then try to cram the evidence to fit their little pet theory.

  5. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    5,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    My feelings about Burke are just simple, logical reasoning. You don't control every word your wife says in the press for years, while letting your 9 YO run around everywhere blabbing. That is the most irrational thing I've ever heard.

    Guys listen--there are people in and around this case who magically decided who did this murder the minute it happened, before 95% of the evidence came to light. One such person was putting up signs with John Ramsey's face on them, saying Wanted For Murder, all around Boulder the day after the murder. I was shocked when I found this out, becuase this guy was smart and became a friend of mine in the months to come. I was shocked that he'd come to that conclusion before knowing anything about the crime scene. It's one thing to say this situation stinks and that it looks like an inside job, but it's quite another to say John Ramsey did the deed. To this day, nobody can say that for sure.

    Beware of people who come to magical decisions and then try to cram the evidence to fit their little pet theory.
    The DAY after the murder? How did he get a photo of John Ramsey so quickly?
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

  6. #42
    BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    4,430

    Default

    I have no idea, Jay. But I still have the photo of him hanging those signs. It may have been two days later, but it was very early on.

  7. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Not Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    You don't control every word your wife says in the press for years
    That didn't happen.

  8. #44
    BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    4,430

    Default

    Oh yes it did.

  9. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    5,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    I have no idea, Jay. But I still have the photo of him hanging those signs. It may have been two days later, but it was very early on.
    Here's the wanted poster:-

    http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/05...ondlook092.jpg

    Judging by the background of the photo, it seems to have been from the May 1 1997 press conference:-

    http://www.cnn.com/US/9703/ramsey.case/timeline3.html

    (unless there were two sets of wanted photos!). I only know about Frank Coffman's.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

  10. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Not Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    I have no idea, Jay. But I still have the photo of him hanging those signs. It may have been two days later, but it was very early on.
    One day, two days, early on - whatever, wherever, whenever.

  11. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Not Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    Oh yes it did.
    Prove it.

  12. #48
    BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    4,430

    Default

    Now why would you assume I'd waste my time "proving it" when it's common knowledge? Look it up yourself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •