Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Forgiveness"

Default "Forgiveness"

"Forgiveness"

Less than a year after JonBenet died, her half-brother, John Andrew Ramsey, said he thought her killer deserved forgiveness. I've always found that statement strange. I think JAR must have known the killer was someone in the family.

If he did, and he knew which of the Rs who were in the house that night is/are responsible for JonBenet's death, how did he find out? Was he told? If he was told, was John's daughter Melinda told too? And what about other relatives, including Patsy's sister, Pam Paugh? Maybe I'm off-base here, but it seems odd to think that John and/or Patsy would divulge the truth to only one family member.

Snip from a September 30, 1999 Rocky Mountain News article:

According to a story published in the October 1997 issue of Vanity Fair, John Andrew Ramsey was asked in a videotaped police interview what punishment he thought JonBenet's killer deserved.

"Forgiveness," was his answer, according to that article. Police then detailed for him the barbarity of the crime against JonBenet, and posed the question a second time. Again, he said, "Forgiveness."
    http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/...0930test.shtml

Even after LE explained the
    barbarity of the crime against JonBenet, and posed the question a second time. Again, he said, "Forgiveness."
    That imo speaks volumes. There is no way that the then teen wouldn't be able to grasp the brutality of his half sisters murder. Who in their right mind would want the person who brutally murdered and sexually abused their little sister to be forgiven???
    JAR knew something all right...but what?

Did JAR and Melinda ever question their dad immediately giving them legal counsel?

I personally don't think John and Patsy ever told anyone what really happened. JAR could've just assumed that one of the R's was guilty because of their curious behavior and unwillingness to cooperate with the police.
    Occam's Razor... "One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything."

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

I think Patsy told them exactly what happened.

Anyone know if JAR lives in Boulder? I infer from this article that he did in February, 2006.

http://www.friendsforjonbenet.org/news.html

Snip:

"Handful" of tips in JonBenét death keep trickling in
    By Mike McPhee , Denver Post Staff Writer
    February 3, 2006

Boulder - More than nine years after the slaying of 6-year-old JonBenét Ramsey, amateur sleuths continue to supply investigators with a steady stream of tips and ideas.

"We still get e-mails and little things mailed to us almost weekly," said Jim Kolar, who inherited the infamous unsolved murder case when he was promoted to chief investigator of the Boulder district attorney's office in July.

"There have been only a handful of things that we've actively pursued, just a small percentage of everything that comes in."

John and Patsy Ramsey, the girl's parents, were in Boulder on Wednesday to visit John's son, John Andrew Ramsey; to have lunch with their local attorneys; and to pay a visit to Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy. The couple live in Charlevoix, Mich., where they have maintained a home for more than 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tril
    Anyone know if JAR lives in Boulder? I infer from this article that he did in February, 2006.

http://www.friendsforjonbenet.org/news.html

Snip:
    Right now he is at Purdue University, and lives on campus. He started there in the fall, I believe.

Heymom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

John Andrew Ramsey lives in Colorado. He is John's son with Lucinda Ramsey.

Burke, Patsy's son, is a sophomore at Purdue.

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Right now he is at Purdue University, and lives on campus. He started there in the fall, I believe.

Heymom
    Burke actually started Purdue LAST fall, 2005. He's a sophomore.

Default Estupido

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    Burke actually started Purdue LAST fall, 2005. He's a sophomore.
    Oh, DUH!! Got my Ramsey's corn-fuzzled! :stupid1: :404:

Thanks for the correction. That's what I get for hopping between 2 threads - but then again, Yum Yum took all the drugs when he left, so there's my excuse.

Heymom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

My children would have to be 99 years old on their death bed to even consider offering forgiveness to the supposed person who molested and brutally strangled and bashed in the head of their innocent helpless sibling. The same person who cause such upheaval of your family and supposedly left your parents under an umbrella of suspicion in a notorious crime of the century....nope forgiveness would be something God would have to spend a very long time bringing about if ever.

I agree with tylin, that JAR must know something, to have said forgiveness was the proper punishment for the killer, especially knowing how terrible her injuries were.

But even if Ploppy Slopper is correct and JAR just assumed from the Rs' strange behavior and refusal to cooperate with LE that someone in the family was the killer, I can't imagine him being so willing to forgive the person/s. Patsy was JAR's step-mother, not his mom, and if John killed JonBenet, molestation was probably involved. How could JAR forgive either one of them?

BobC may be right, that Patsy told JAR what happened. At least, someone might have.

Like Freebird, I can't imagine being able to forgive someone who'd murdered my little sibling and put my family through such agony, including my dad and step-mom being blamed for her death.

I believe JAR knows a family member did it.

Default Perhaps this is misplaced and I should not have

written it here but has anyone ever wondered why Patsy's dad GrandPaugh (don't know his first name) oh Don is it has never spoken about this tragedy in any form - print or TV? His actions were somewhat questionable around that time in Boulder. He was there but left before the murder I believe but flew on standby. Why on earth should a wealthy man go by standby and why such a hurry to get home. Was he all alone in the condo with Nedra? Or did he have to hurry home for Christmas with her? If so why was he still in boulder? Work? I have always wondered about him as sort of a mystery man. Wouldn't you think he would come forward and help his daughter by trying to proclaim her innocence? Strange.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA