Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Forgiveness"

I agree that the whole extended family knew something - hence the forgiveness, the silence, and lawyers for everybody...

IMO the "secret" was that Patsy was mentally ill.

Definitely A Curious One...

It tends to seriously implicate JR in some way.. can only imagine a son would have more compassion for own father as opposed to a step mum!!...not saying he did it.. but JAR definitely knows his father is invioved in some manner..

personally I wouldnt be forgiving anyone...
    These are my opinions only ( no copying now !! ), and of course assume all to be innocent !! of course !!

Default Kangatruth

That's the hard to understand part - how do you forgive ANYONE for murdering a six year old baby girl on Christmas night?

I think things went down in the manner WY described - with JR telling JAR the truth about the horrible accident. And truthfully, as I imagine this scene, it's one of the few times when I could possibly believe in the BDI theory.

But regardless of which of the three surviving Rams did it, I can only imagine that JAR must've felt so conflicted. This was his family and he loved them...but it was also his little sister who got her skull bashed in and was strangled and sexually abused. How does any human being wrap their minds and hearts around that horrific a death to anyone, much less an innocent child?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlsim
    That's the hard to understand part - how do you forgive ANYONE for murdering a six year old baby girl on Christmas night?

I think things went down in the manner WY described - with JR telling JAR the truth about the horrible accident. And truthfully, as I imagine this scene, it's one of the few times when I could possibly believe in the BDI theory.

But regardless of which of the three surviving Rams did it, I can only imagine that JAR must've felt so conflicted. This was his family and he loved them...but it was also his little sister who got her skull bashed in and was strangled and sexually abused. How does any human being wrap their minds and hearts around that horrific a death to anyone, much less an innocent child?
    I think we have such powerful minds that we can believe what we want to believe. If JR spun a good tale, he could have explained away just about anything, and since that is JAR's dad, the benefit of the doubt has to be on his side. He's been raised as a rich kid, mostly, so he would also have absorbed the lawyer mentality - the rest of the world is mad at us for being rich, so we have to take care of ourselves, because they are jealous. He probably believes his dad is honest and forthright, and he may have no reason to believe otherwise.

I've been duped before. I remember being so shocked afterward, but during the duping, I did believe the liar. I am not naive, but I tend to take people at face value, and if they are excellent liars I can be duped. If my dad had lied to me I would certainly have believed him. I would have had no reason to doubt him.

Heymom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Same here.

Default but heymom

what story do you tell to explain a dead six year old in the basement of your home? I mean really...can you imagine what that story must've been?

I understand what you're saying but can you imagine how conflicted JAR must have been/be? Especially as time wore on and more came out about the overkill and sexual aspects of the vaginal trauma etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlsim
    what story do you tell to explain a dead six year old in the basement of your home? I mean really...can you imagine what that story must've been?

I understand what you're saying but can you imagine how conflicted JAR must have been/be? Especially as time wore on and more came out about the overkill and sexual aspects of the vaginal trauma etc...
    Well, maybe something like "It was an accident to start with, JonBenet slipped and fell down the stairs, (or in the tub, or against her bed) and then Patsy sort of panicked and wrote this note, and when I found out what had happened I knew she hadn't meant to do it, but by that time it was too late..." etc. etc.

The sexual abuse information would cause JAR's head to explode, in normal circumstances. But he has to stay on Daddy's side, doesn't he, in order to keep the money rolling his way? So, you believe what you have to believe, to keep your lifestyle supported.

Sorry to be so cynical. I guess it goes with getting older/wiser/being around the block a few times. As some famous person said, everyone has his price.

Heymom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

"The sexual abuse information would cause JAR's head to explode, in normal circumstances. But he has to stay on Daddy's side, doesn't he, in order to keep the money rolling his way? So, you believe what you have to believe, to keep your lifestyle supported."

And so you can sleep at night.

Default One Possible Explanation....

JAR could possibly have been the long-term molestor of his half-sister, JonBenet....

When, on Christmas night, JonBenet confessed to Patsy that she had been molested by JAR on a regular basis, Patsy had a terrible emotional reaction to that scenario, lashed out at JonBenet with the maglight in horror and frustration...

Either John or Patsy told JAR that he was the cause of the murder or he might have suspected that JonBenet told and then been killed by one of both of his parents....I have always suspected that one or both of the brothers were the molestor(s) rather than John....

In this scenario, I can see that JAR would want forgiveness for the murderer, and forgiveness for the actions of the molestor(s) that led to Patsy's angry over-the-top reaction....

His statement about "forgiveness" is just one more piece of evidence that points to the parents and family members being involved rather than an intruder....Why would he be concerned that an intruder be forgiven?

Voyager

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher
    "The sexual abuse information would cause JAR's head to explode, in normal circumstances. But he has to stay on Daddy's side, doesn't he, in order to keep the money rolling his way? So, you believe what you have to believe, to keep your lifestyle supported."

And so you can sleep at night.
    Yes. Otherwise it's the rope from the clothing rod in the closet...

Heymom

I consider all the possible reasons mentioned here for JAR to have said that to be valid ones, but I think JAR was referring to Burke.