"Forgiveness"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tril, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Tril

Tril Member

"Forgiveness"

Less than a year after JonBenet died, her half-brother, John Andrew Ramsey, said he thought her killer deserved forgiveness. I've always found that statement strange. I think JAR must have known the killer was someone in the family.

If he did, and he knew which of the Rs who were in the house that night is/are responsible for JonBenet's death, how did he find out? Was he told? If he was told, was John's daughter Melinda told too? And what about other relatives, including Patsy's sister, Pam Paugh? Maybe I'm off-base here, but it seems odd to think that John and/or Patsy would divulge the truth to only one family member.

Snip from a September 30, 1999 Rocky Mountain News article:

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0930test.shtml

2. tylin

tylin Banned

Even after LE explained the
    That imo speaks volumes. There is no way that the then teen wouldn't be able to grasp the brutality of his half sisters murder. Who in their right mind would want the person who brutally murdered and sexually abused their little sister to be forgiven???
    JAR knew something all right...but what? :shutup:

Did JAR and Melinda ever question their dad immediately giving them legal counsel?

3. I personally don't think John and Patsy ever told anyone what really happened. JAR could've just assumed that one of the R's was guilty because of their curious behavior and unwillingness to cooperate with the police.

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I think Patsy told them exactly what happened.

5. Tril

Tril Member

Anyone know if JAR lives in Boulder? I infer from this article that he did in February, 2006.

http://www.friendsforjonbenet.org/news.html

Snip:

6. heymom

heymom Member

Right now he is at Purdue University, and lives on campus. He started there in the fall, I believe.

Heymom

7. wombat

wombat Member

John Andrew Ramsey lives in Colorado. He is John's son with Lucinda Ramsey.

Burke, Patsy's son, is a sophomore at Purdue.

8. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Burke actually started Purdue LAST fall, 2005. He's a sophomore.

9. heymom

heymom Member

Estupido

Oh, DUH!! Got my Ramsey's corn-fuzzled! :stupid1: :404: :aprop:

Thanks for the correction. That's what I get for hopping between 2 threads - but then again, Yum Yum took all the drugs when he left, so there's my excuse.

Heymom

10. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

My children would have to be 99 years old on their death bed to even consider offering forgiveness to the supposed person who molested and brutally strangled and bashed in the head of their innocent helpless sibling. The same person who cause such upheaval of your family and supposedly left your parents under an umbrella of suspicion in a notorious crime of the century....nope forgiveness would be something God would have to spend a very long time bringing about if ever.

11. Tril

Tril Member

I agree with tylin, that JAR must know something, to have said forgiveness was the proper punishment for the killer, especially knowing how terrible her injuries were.

But even if Ploppy Slopper is correct and JAR just assumed from the Rs' strange behavior and refusal to cooperate with LE that someone in the family was the killer, I can't imagine him being so willing to forgive the person/s. Patsy was JAR's step-mother, not his mom, and if John killed JonBenet, molestation was probably involved. How could JAR forgive either one of them?

BobC may be right, that Patsy told JAR what happened. At least, someone might have.

Like Freebird, I can't imagine being able to forgive someone who'd murdered my little sibling and put my family through such agony, including my dad and step-mom being blamed for her death.

I believe JAR knows a family member did it.

12. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Perhaps this is misplaced and I should not have

written it here but has anyone ever wondered why Patsy's dad GrandPaugh (don't know his first name) oh Don is it has never spoken about this tragedy in any form - print or TV? His actions were somewhat questionable around that time in Boulder. He was there but left before the murder I believe but flew on standby. Why on earth should a wealthy man go by standby and why such a hurry to get home. Was he all alone in the condo with Nedra? Or did he have to hurry home for Christmas with her? If so why was he still in boulder? Work? I have always wondered about him as sort of a mystery man. Wouldn't you think he would come forward and help his daughter by trying to proclaim her innocence? Strange.

13. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

I agree that the whole extended family knew something - hence the forgiveness, the silence, and lawyers for everybody...

IMO the "secret" was that Patsy was mentally ill.

14. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

Definitely A Curious One...

It tends to seriously implicate JR in some way.. can only imagine a son would have more compassion for own father as opposed to a step mum!!...not saying he did it.. but JAR definitely knows his father is invioved in some manner..

personally I wouldnt be forgiving anyone...

15. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Kangatruth

That's the hard to understand part - how do you forgive ANYONE for murdering a six year old baby girl on Christmas night?

I think things went down in the manner WY described - with JR telling JAR the truth about the horrible accident. And truthfully, as I imagine this scene, it's one of the few times when I could possibly believe in the BDI theory.

But regardless of which of the three surviving Rams did it, I can only imagine that JAR must've felt so conflicted. This was his family and he loved them...but it was also his little sister who got her skull bashed in and was strangled and sexually abused. How does any human being wrap their minds and hearts around that horrific a death to anyone, much less an innocent child?

16. heymom

heymom Member

I think we have such powerful minds that we can believe what we want to believe. If JR spun a good tale, he could have explained away just about anything, and since that is JAR's dad, the benefit of the doubt has to be on his side. He's been raised as a rich kid, mostly, so he would also have absorbed the lawyer mentality - the rest of the world is mad at us for being rich, so we have to take care of ourselves, because they are jealous. He probably believes his dad is honest and forthright, and he may have no reason to believe otherwise.

I've been duped before. I remember being so shocked afterward, but during the duping, I did believe the liar. I am not naive, but I tend to take people at face value, and if they are excellent liars I can be duped. If my dad had lied to me I would certainly have believed him. I would have had no reason to doubt him.

Heymom

17. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Same here.

18. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

but heymom

what story do you tell to explain a dead six year old in the basement of your home? I mean really...can you imagine what that story must've been?

I understand what you're saying but can you imagine how conflicted JAR must have been/be? Especially as time wore on and more came out about the overkill and sexual aspects of the vaginal trauma etc...

19. heymom

heymom Member

Well, maybe something like "It was an accident to start with, JonBenet slipped and fell down the stairs, (or in the tub, or against her bed) and then Patsy sort of panicked and wrote this note, and when I found out what had happened I knew she hadn't meant to do it, but by that time it was too late..." etc. etc.

The sexual abuse information would cause JAR's head to explode, in normal circumstances. But he has to stay on Daddy's side, doesn't he, in order to keep the money rolling his way? So, you believe what you have to believe, to keep your lifestyle supported.

Sorry to be so cynical. I guess it goes with getting older/wiser/being around the block a few times. As some famous person said, everyone has his price.

Heymom

20. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"The sexual abuse information would cause JAR's head to explode, in normal circumstances. But he has to stay on Daddy's side, doesn't he, in order to keep the money rolling his way? So, you believe what you have to believe, to keep your lifestyle supported."

And so you can sleep at night.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice