Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 28
  1. #1

    Exclamation To The Poster Who Questioned WS!

    A little while ago, someone (sorry, can't remember who) either started a thread or made a post within a thread regarding how they had taken a look at WS, and found it to be full of new posters, same ole questions, and in essence "immature" regarding the JBR case compared to FFJ.

    Having been a member of WS for many, many years, I was hurt and insulted at that comment, but rather than make a post with my heart, (which at the time was angry and hurt at such a comment so would have retaliated) I decided to step back, and take an unbiased look at the threads and posts on the JBR forum at WS and make an honest decision as to whether that poster had a valid point.

    I decided after much deliberation and rereading WS, they(the poster in question) did have a valid point but believe there's reasons to take into consideration what the reasons for that could be.

    So, dear poster, whomever you are, here's why I think WS seems "immature" (my words as I can't remember yours exactly) regarding the JBR case forum on WS and hope you understand the hows and whys.

    FFJ IS the best JBR forum on the net for many reasons. The members here are true die hard sleuths which have gathered their vast case information through the many years, never giving up on finding justice for JBR. You have all stuck together through it all for all these years, and are all an encyclopedia of knowledge re JBR. You've never faultered, always been generous in sharing your theories, and reasons for them, as well as done all the work to ensure the info was accurate and on point. I think the old posters of WS, myself included, were not as tenicious through the years, many of us giving up in ever finding true justice. Here, at FFJ, you have not, much to all of your credit. So many of the old posters have moved on, or not kept up but only came back into case when the JMK thing broke. At the same time, many new to the JBR case joined in this case at the same time, and perhaps found WS easier to ask questions at WS, because when coming to the FFJ JBR, they felt intimidated by all of your VAST knowledge, and didn't want to seem like idiots in trying to rehash the same old stuff, but rather let FFJ be for the "case pros" so to speak, and familiarize themselves with the case at WS, and ask questions which had very obviously been asked and responded to with accurate back up info here at FFJ.

    FFJ IS THE VERY BEST FOR CLEAR, ACCURATE, ARTICULATE, INFO ON THE JBR CASE, and WS forum is more for getting acquainted with the case, history, and explanations. Newbies may find it easier to post their questions there, rather than jump in here, where it's very, very obvious that you've all "been there, done that" and are past that point. Please do not misconstue that as being immature in any other way than, yes, it is immature regarding the case, and it's history. WS is a great forum to start with, to become familiar with JBR, to ask questions which have been hashed and rehashed and the results found and validated here at FFJ. I think some feel intimidated by the excellent sleuthing work done at FFJ, you have all probably even forgotten more than WS members will ever know. We at WS, are not unknowledgable about the case, nor are we immature, but we sure can't hold a candle up to you guys here. You are all hardened, very intellegent, and JBR educated and many KUDO'S to you all. Most of us at WS, are still learning all the background, behiind the scenes and whys, so please don't knock us for that.

    I love FFJ and all of you here, but I also love WS, but the fact remains, if I want new, accurate info, I come and read at FFJ, and enjoy WS for the NH case, and socialization there.

    So poster, please forgive us at WS, but try to understand many of us there are learning what you all here have down pact, and I'm sure you're all tired of going over and over it all. Gee, maybe you even owe us an thanks for not bothering you with questions you knew the answers to, through docs, tests, etc. many years ago, therefore leaving you to all , free for the present and future work necessary to get justice for this little girl :blowkiss:

    Again, THANK YOU FFJ, for all you do, and have done to date, and for never giving up as some of us did! :blowkiss:

    Edited to make myself clearer

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default Thank you, Shannon!

    Thank you, Shannon,

    I'm glad it wasn't me who made those remarks about WS. I have visited WS, and I thought it was a very good site. Truthfully, I don't have a great deal of time to visit all the JonBenét boards. There are so many good ones out there. Tricia owns Websleuth's too, but I'm sure you know this (?).

    With this being Thanksgiving Day in Canada, your thanks arrived at a good time for me, and I would like to thank all the posters of FFJ for helping me a great deal during these last two years. I have met some wonderful people here.

    I was with CN2000, another terrific site. Left for a personal clash with Rainsong and another unpleasant poster, just out to destruct. We come across them in our travels for "Justice for JonBenét Ramsey."

    Thank you again, Shannon. So nice of you to be so honest with your feelings.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    5,132

    Default

    WS & FFJ are two totally different forums, I'm not sure you can compare them. Websleuths has always had a wide variety of members with different opnions about the case. You're just as likely to bump into IDIs there as you are RDIs.

    Having said that, WS does seem to be predominantly RDI but that probably reflects the split of opinion among case followers.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shannon1233
    A little while ago, someone (sorry, can't remember who) either started a thread or made a post within a thread regarding how they had taken a look at WS, and found it to be full of new posters, same ole questions, and in essence "immature" regarding the JBR case compared to FFJ.

    Having been a member of WS for many, many years, I was hurt and insulted at that comment, but rather than make a post with my heart, (which at the time was angry and hurt at such a comment so would have retaliated) I decided to step back, and take an unbiased look at the threads and posts on the JBR forum and make an honest decision as to whether that poster had a valid point.

    I decided after much deliberation and rereading WS, they did have a valid point and believe there's reasons to take into consideration what the reasons for that could be.

    So, dear poster, whomever you are, here's why I think WS seems "immature" (my words as I can't remember yours exactly) regarding the JBR case forum on WS and hope you understand the hows and whys.

    FFJ IS the best JBR forum on the net for many reasons. The members here are true die hard sleuths which have gathered their vast case information through the many years, never giving up on finding justice for JBR. You have all stuck together through it all for all these years, and are all an encyclopedia of knowledge re JBR. You've never faultered, always been generous in sharing your theories, and reasons for them, as well as done all the work to ensure the info was accurate and on point. I think the old posters of WS, myself included, were not as tenicious through the years, many of us giving up in ever finding true justice. Here, at FFJ, you have not, much to all of your credit. So many of the old posters have moved on, or not kept up but only came back into case when the JMK thing broke. At the same time, many new to the JBR case joined in this case at the same time, and perhaps found WS easier to ask questions at WS, because when coming to JBR, they felt intimidated by all of your VAST knowledge, and didn't want to seem like idiots in trying to rehash the same old stuff, but rather let FFJ be for the "case pros" so to speak, and familiarize themselves with the case at WS, and ask questions which had very obviously been asked and responded to with accurate back up info here at FFJ.

    FFJ IS THE VERY BEST FOR CLEAR, ACCURATE, ARTICULATE, INFO ON THE JBR CASE, and WS forum is more for getting acquainted with the case, history, and explanations. Newbies may find it easier to post their questions there, rather than jump in here, where it's very, very obvious that you've all "been there, done that" and are past that point. Please do not misconstue that as being immature in any other way than, yes, it is immature regarding the case, and it's history. WS is a great forum to start with, to become familiar with JBR, to ask questions which have been hashed and rehashed and the results found and validated here at FFJ. I think some feel intimidated by the excellant sleuthing work done at FFJ, you have all probably even forgotten more than WS members will ever know. We at WS, are not unknowledgable about the case, nor are we immature, but we sure can't hold a candle up to you guys here. You are all hardened, very intellegent, and JBR educated and many KUDO'S to you all. Most of us at WS, are still learning all the background, behiind the scenes and whys, so please don't knock us for that.

    I love FFJ and all of you here, but I also love WS, but the fact remains, if I want new, accurate info, I come and read at FFJ, and enjoy WS for the NH case, and socialization there.

    So poster, please forgive us at WS, but try to understand many of us there are learning what you all here have down pact, and I'm sure tired of going over and over. Gee, maybe you even owe us an appology for not bothering you with questions you knew the answers to through docs, tests, etc. many years ago, therefore leaving you to all the present and future work necessary to get justice for this little girl :blowkiss:

    Again, THANK YOU FFJ, for all you do, and have done to date, and for never giving up as some of us did! :blowkiss:

    Shannon,

    Thank you for posting and sharing. You do bring up some very good points and I, for one know from following the forum activity for so many years that every forum has it's plus and minus points and everybody has to find where they fit in and are comfortable.

    The John Karr entrance has certainly brought many new people to the forums and I know from my own e-mails I've received in the last two months that with all the variety of information that has been made available, the right and the wrong information, that those who are newbies to the case can get confused on current facts so it does require some patience I think, and understanding that everybody has to start somewhere on learning about the case.

    I, personally welcome those who are new to the case as they not only bring a fresh perspective but it's good to be reminded of certain events, facts, etc. about the case as they are learning them so I have never looked at it as they are hashing out old hash or that they are just another "newbie" but that ten years later some people have come to the similar conclusions and it's like a refresher course to me. :-)

    ACR
    ACandyRose (aka ACR)

    ACandyRose Timelines:
    Erica Lynn Parsons Case Timeline Index
    http://www.acandyrose.com/erica_parsons_timeline.htm
    JonBenet Ramsey Archive still here after 17 years !!
    http://www.acandyrose.com/s-Flight755-15thStreet.htm
    http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetindex.htm

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    5,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ACandyRose
    Shannon,

    Thank you for posting and sharing. You do bring up some very good points and I, for one know from following the forum activity for so many years that every forum has it's plus and minus points and everybody has to find where they fit in and are comfortable.

    The John Karr entrance has certainly brought many new people to the forums and I know from my own e-mails I've received in the last two months that with all the variety of information that has been made available, the right and the wrong information, that those who are newbies to the case can get confused on current facts so it does require some patience I think, and understanding that everybody has to start somewhere on learning about the case.

    I, personally welcome those who are new to the case as they not only bring a fresh perspective but it's good to be reminded of certain events, facts, etc. about the case as they are learning them so I have never looked at it as they are hashing out old hash or that they are just another "newbie" but that ten years later some people have come to the similar conclusions and it's like a refresher course to me. :-)

    ACR
    Good points ACR. A friend of mine works for a large government panel comprising of experts and non experts in a particular field. They act as ombudsmen for malpractice in the field. I was surprised that such an important body of people would have non-experts in their number but I was told the reason for this is simple. The "newbies", ask a lot of basic, yet pertinent questions which bring value to the investigations that they conduct. Experts often become locked into a particular way of thinking and a non-expert will often come at things from a very different perspective and highlight the simple things which the experts might overlook.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,481

    Default

    [QUOTE][QUOTE=shannon1233]A little while ago, someone (sorry, can't remember who) either started a thread or made a post within a thread regarding how they had taken a look at WS, and found it to be full of new posters, same ole questions, and in essence "immature" regarding the JBR case compared to FFJ.

    Having been a member of WS for many, many years, I was hurt and insulted at that comment, but rather than make a post with my heart, (which at the time was angry and hurt at such a comment so would have retaliated) I decided to step back, and take an unbiased look at the threads and posts on the JBR forum and make an honest decision as to whether that poster had a valid point.

    I love FFJ and all of you here, but I also love WS, but the fact remains, if I want new, accurate info, I come and read at FFJ, and enjoy WS for the NH case, and socialization there.

    So poster, please forgive us at WS, but try to understand many of us there are learning what you all here have down pact, and I'm sure tired of going over and over. Gee, maybe you even owe us an appology for not bothering you with questions you knew the answers to through docs, tests, etc. many years ago, therefore leaving you to all the present and future work necessary to get justice for this little girl :blowkiss:That poster was me. However, I did not mean my question as any kind of put-down or slight, and I'm sorry I came across that way to you. I was curious that WS seemed to my newbie eyes to be going over points that have long been accepted here at FFJ. I have not been a member of FFJ very long, you see, and never joined any other crime forum. This is the one I found when I went looking for more information about JonBenet and how she died. I'd been troubled by the Ramsey's behavior from the beginning, knowing that they were lying from the moment I saw them on TV. The Karr fiasco actually got my hubby searching first, and then I got intrigued and started hunting around, found ACR's website and then came here.

    Honestly, I wasn't trying to say that anyone at WS was "less-than" anyone here. So please don't hold my curiosity against me. I realize that many folks belong to both forums, and even visit Jameson's forum from time to time. What works for one person may not work for the next person. I definitely DID NOT mean to insult anyone at WS. Thanks for not flaming me!! As a newbie here I probably would have run for the hills, and I like this community.

    Heymom
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

    MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up
    Posts
    5,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    WS & FFJ are two totally different forums, I'm not sure you can compare them. Websleuths has always had a wide variety of members with different opnions about the case. You're just as likely to bump into IDIs there as you are RDIs.

    Having said that, WS does seem to be predominantly RDI but that probably reflects the split of opinion among case followers.
    I have to let you all in on a little secret.

    I get so many complaints about WS being an "intruder" board and about the same amount of complaints about being a "Ramsey did it" board.

    I guess it's how you read it.

    Yes, WS and FFJ are two totally different animals. If some of the posters from WS tried to post their ideas over here they would be eaten alive and vise-a-versa (is that how you spell that saying?LOL)

    Since the original reason myself along with many others got into the "Internet Forums" was to find justice for JonBenet I do my best, and the wonderful moderators do their best, to be fair but, we are two totally different forums.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT
    84098




    I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

  8. #8

    Default

    [QUOTE=heymom]
    That poster was me. However, I did not mean my question as any kind of put-down or slight, and I'm sorry I came across that way to you. I was curious that WS seemed to my newbie eyes to be going over points that have long been accepted here at FFJ. I have not been a member of FFJ very long, you see, and never joined any other crime forum. This is the one I found when I went looking for more information about JonBenet and how she died. I'd been troubled by the Ramsey's behavior from the beginning, knowing that they were lying from the moment I saw them on TV. The Karr fiasco actually got my hubby searching first, and then I got intrigued and started hunting around, found ACR's website and then came here.

    Honestly, I wasn't trying to say that anyone at WS was "less-than" anyone here. So please don't hold my curiosity against me. I realize that many folks belong to both forums, and even visit Jameson's forum from time to time. What works for one person may not work for the next person. I definitely DID NOT mean to insult anyone at WS. Thanks for not flaming me!! As a newbie here I probably would have run for the hills, and I like this community.

    Heymom
    Hi Heymom, As you can see by my post, and I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear, when I read your original post, I was kind of hurt, but I wear my heart on my sleeve, and I know that there's some very, very knowledgable JBR case posters at WS, it's just that I think part of the problem there, is they have/had given up on justice for JBR after all this time, and are tired of answering the same questions over and over, can't say I blame them! It's unlike FFJ in that way, and therefore, the forum for her there seems to be mostly newbies and not have the expertise the posters here have. I was agreeing with you :blowkiss: esp. after I looked at the forum without bias, and putting aside that it was/is my original home! Originally, I think my reaction was defensive, sort of like a mother cub! I LOVE IT HERE TOO, AND AS I SAID, FOR THE REAL INFO, I COME TO FFJ BEFORE WS!

    I feel the majority of the posters here on FFJ know this case inside out, and every little detail about it! I was a member here a long time ago, but couldn't keep up with the experts here, still can't, LOL! Just my way of saying THANK YOU TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU HERE FOR NEVER GIVING UP ON JUSTICE FOR HER, FOR STUDYING EVERYTHING ABOUT IT, AND SHARING ALL YOUR EXPERTICE! KUDO'S TO FFJ, AND IT'S POSTERS, EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU, TO THE MODS FOR DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB, AND TO TRICIA FOR KEEPING BOTH SITES AT HER EXPENSE, AND TIME ;blowkiss:

    Honestly, I agree with all you said, and understand fully, but furthermore am in complete agreement with you Heymom!

    ps, I was a member here years ago, gave up on justice, and have come back, so I guess I'm a newbie here too!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia
    I have to let you all in on a little secret.

    I get so many complaints about WS being an "intruder" board and about the same amount of complaints about being a "Ramsey did it" board.

    I guess it's how you read it.

    Yes, WS and FFJ are two totally different animals. If some of the posters from WS tried to post their ideas over here they would be eaten alive and vise-a-versa (is that how you spell that saying?LOL)

    Since the original reason myself along with many others got into the "Internet Forums" was to find justice for JonBenet I do my best, and the wonderful moderators do their best, to be fair but, we are two totally different forums.
    I agree, it is 2 completely different forums, and yes even have a "different" feel, heck, I don't know how you manage to be sooooo unbiased, and open minded to all points of view (unlike that of the swamp mistress, lol), not only that, but to allow that at your own expense! You have my utmost appreciation, gratitude and respect Tricia! As well as the mods at both forums, they all do a fantastic job! :blowkiss: Posted from the bottom of my heart, MANY, MANY KUDO'S TO ALL AND A SINCERE THANKS!!!!!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ACandyRose
    Shannon,

    Thank you for posting and sharing. You do bring up some very good points and I, for one know from following the forum activity for so many years that every forum has it's plus and minus points and everybody has to find where they fit in and are comfortable.

    The John Karr entrance has certainly brought many new people to the forums and I know from my own e-mails I've received in the last two months that with all the variety of information that has been made available, the right and the wrong information, that those who are newbies to the case can get confused on current facts so it does require some patience I think, and understanding that everybody has to start somewhere on learning about the case.

    I, personally welcome those who are new to the case as they not only bring a fresh perspective but it's good to be reminded of certain events, facts, etc. about the case as they are learning them so I have never looked at it as they are hashing out old hash or that they are just another "newbie" but that ten years later some people have come to the similar conclusions and it's like a refresher course to me. :-)

    ACR
    What a wonderful way of looking at it! And, my dear ACR, that's what makes you a professional! THANK YOU AS WELL FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE AND CONTINUE TO DUE FOR JBR. She is lucky to have people like you, as are the rest of us :blowkiss:

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma.....30 miles from the bombing.
    Posts
    213

    Default

    I wish i could post at websleuths also...but because i have aol it won't let me.....i guess it is considered free. i love to read there also.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shannon1233
    Hi Heymom, As you can see by my post, and I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear, when I read your original post, I was kind of hurt, but I wear my heart on my sleeve, and I know that there's some very, very knowledgable JBR case posters at WS, it's just that I think part of the problem there, is they have/had given up on justice for JBR after all this time, and are tired of answering the same questions over and over, can't say I blame them! It's unlike FFJ in that way, and therefore, the forum for her there seems to be mostly newbies and not have the expertise the posters here have. I was agreeing with you :blowkiss: esp. after I looked at the forum without bias, and putting aside that it was/is my original home! Originally, I think my reaction was defensive, sort of like a mother cub! I LOVE IT HERE TOO, AND AS I SAID, FOR THE REAL INFO, I COME TO FFJ BEFORE WS!

    I feel the majority of the posters here on FFJ know this case inside out, and every little detail about it! I was a member here a long time ago, but couldn't keep up with the experts here, still can't, LOL! Just my way of saying THANK YOU TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU HERE FOR NEVER GIVING UP ON JUSTICE FOR HER, FOR STUDYING EVERYTHING ABOUT IT, AND SHARING ALL YOUR EXPERTICE! KUDO'S TO FFJ, AND IT'S POSTERS, EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU, TO THE MODS FOR DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB, AND TO TRICIA FOR KEEPING BOTH SITES AT HER EXPENSE, AND TIME ;blowkiss:

    Honestly, I agree with all you said, and understand fully, but furthermore am in complete agreement with you Heymom!

    ps, I was a member here years ago, gave up on justice, and have come back, so I guess I'm a newbie here too!
    Thanks for your sweetness!! There are groups I've been in, one was a homeschooling group believe it or not, and I was flamed to ashes for making a couple of comments that differed with one of the Group Queens. Ouch!! In this forum, mostly the mods try to settle things down, unless a troll comes in (one joined at the same time as me) and then it's Katie bar the door!

    There has to be somewhere for people to go, when they are considering all points of view and want to talk it out. This forum accepts people like that, I think, but also the emphasis is on the true evidence and not just somebody's insane theory that doesn't have a thing to do with the facts. If you come here with your mind made up that the Ramseys didn't do it, you are already in denial of some of the basic facts of the case. But there are folks, I'm sure, who just don't know some of the stuff and need somewhere to go to learn and grow. If WS is that place, it's a public service. And I know there are other crime discussions at both forums, so some people might have just a passing interest in this case.

    I am amazed and awed by the people here, too. Little did I know that when I went looking for more facts on JonBenet and where the case had gone over the last 10 years, I would find this community, which has never given up and never lost hope for justice. It's really quite astounding. These folks here are more like JonBenet's family should have been and should still be, never giving up, never going to give up on the truth.

    One more hug!! And very nice to meet you!
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

    MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!



Similar Threads

  1. U.S. Judge's Ramsey Ruling Questioned
    By Watching You in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 29, 2003, 11:12 am, Tue Apr 29 11:12:59 UTC 2003
  2. ALERT: Possible Suspect Questioned in Kidnapping
    By RC in forum Missing Children and AMBER Alerts -Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 14, 2002, 3:41 pm, Wed Aug 14 15:41:44 UTC 2002

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •