To The Poster Who Questioned WS!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by shannon1233, Oct 8, 2006.

1. shannon1233

shannon1233 Member

A little while ago, someone (sorry, can't remember who) either started a thread or made a post within a thread regarding how they had taken a look at WS, and found it to be full of new posters, same ole questions, and in essence "immature" regarding the JBR case compared to FFJ.

Having been a member of WS for many, many years, I was hurt and insulted at that comment, but rather than make a post with my heart, (which at the time was angry and hurt at such a comment so would have retaliated) I decided to step back, and take an unbiased look at the threads and posts on the JBR forum at WS and make an honest decision as to whether that poster had a valid point.

I decided after much deliberation and rereading WS, they(the poster in question) did have a valid point but believe there's reasons to take into consideration what the reasons for that could be.

So, dear poster, whomever you are, here's why I think WS seems "immature" (my words as I can't remember yours exactly) regarding the JBR case forum on WS and hope you understand the hows and whys.

FFJ IS the best JBR forum on the net for many reasons. The members here are true die hard sleuths which have gathered their vast case information through the many years, never giving up on finding justice for JBR. You have all stuck together through it all for all these years, and are all an encyclopedia of knowledge re JBR. You've never faultered, always been generous in sharing your theories, and reasons for them, as well as done all the work to ensure the info was accurate and on point. I think the old posters of WS, myself included, were not as tenicious through the years, many of us giving up in ever finding true justice. Here, at FFJ, you have not, much to all of your credit. So many of the old posters have moved on, or not kept up but only came back into case when the JMK thing broke. At the same time, many new to the JBR case joined in this case at the same time, and perhaps found WS easier to ask questions at WS, because when coming to the FFJ JBR, they felt intimidated by all of your VAST knowledge, and didn't want to seem like idiots in trying to rehash the same old stuff, but rather let FFJ be for the "case pros" so to speak, and familiarize themselves with the case at WS, and ask questions which had very obviously been asked and responded to with accurate back up info here at FFJ.

FFJ IS THE VERY BEST FOR CLEAR, ACCURATE, ARTICULATE, INFO ON THE JBR CASE, and WS forum is more for getting acquainted with the case, history, and explanations. Newbies may find it easier to post their questions there, rather than jump in here, where it's very, very obvious that you've all "been there, done that" and are past that point. Please do not misconstue that as being immature in any other way than, yes, it is immature regarding the case, and it's history. WS is a great forum to start with, to become familiar with JBR, to ask questions which have been hashed and rehashed and the results found and validated here at FFJ. I think some feel intimidated by the excellent sleuthing work done at FFJ, you have all probably even forgotten more than WS members will ever know. We at WS, are not unknowledgable about the case, nor are we immature, but we sure can't hold a candle up to you guys here. You are all hardened, very intellegent, and JBR educated and many KUDO'S to you all. Most of us at WS, are still learning all the background, behiind the scenes and whys, so please don't knock us for that.

I love FFJ and all of you here, but I also love WS, but the fact remains, if I want new, accurate info, I come and read at FFJ, and enjoy WS for the NH case, and socialization there.

So poster, please forgive us at WS, but try to understand many of us there are learning what you all here have down pact, and I'm sure you're all tired of going over and over it all. Gee, maybe you even owe us an thanks for not bothering you with questions you knew the answers to, through docs, tests, etc. many years ago, therefore leaving you to all , free for the present and future work necessary to get justice for this little girl :blowkiss:

Again, THANK YOU FFJ, for all you do, and have done to date, and for never giving up as some of us did! :blowkiss:

Edited to make myself clearer :)

2. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, Shannon!

Thank you, Shannon,

I'm glad it wasn't me who made those remarks about WS. I have visited WS, and I thought it was a very good site. Truthfully, I don't have a great deal of time to visit all the JonBenét boards. There are so many good ones out there. Tricia owns Websleuth's too, but I'm sure you know this (?).

With this being Thanksgiving Day in Canada, your thanks arrived at a good time for me, and I would like to thank all the posters of FFJ for helping me a great deal during these last two years. I have met some wonderful people here.

I was with CN2000, another terrific site. Left for a personal clash with Rainsong and another unpleasant poster, just out to destruct. We come across them in our travels for "Justice for JonBenét Ramsey."

Thank you again, Shannon. So nice of you to be so honest with your feelings.

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

WS & FFJ are two totally different forums, I'm not sure you can compare them. Websleuths has always had a wide variety of members with different opnions about the case. You're just as likely to bump into IDIs there as you are RDIs.

Having said that, WS does seem to be predominantly RDI but that probably reflects the split of opinion among case followers.

4. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

Shannon,

Thank you for posting and sharing. You do bring up some very good points and I, for one know from following the forum activity for so many years that every forum has it's plus and minus points and everybody has to find where they fit in and are comfortable.

The John Karr entrance has certainly brought many new people to the forums and I know from my own e-mails I've received in the last two months that with all the variety of information that has been made available, the right and the wrong information, that those who are newbies to the case can get confused on current facts so it does require some patience I think, and understanding that everybody has to start somewhere on learning about the case.

I, personally welcome those who are new to the case as they not only bring a fresh perspective but it's good to be reminded of certain events, facts, etc. about the case as they are learning them so I have never looked at it as they are hashing out old hash or that they are just another "newbie" but that ten years later some people have come to the similar conclusions and it's like a refresher course to me. :)

ACR

5. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Good points ACR. A friend of mine works for a large government panel comprising of experts and non experts in a particular field. They act as ombudsmen for malpractice in the field. I was surprised that such an important body of people would have non-experts in their number but I was told the reason for this is simple. The "newbies", ask a lot of basic, yet pertinent questions which bring value to the investigations that they conduct. Experts often become locked into a particular way of thinking and a non-expert will often come at things from a very different perspective and highlight the simple things which the experts might overlook.

6. heymom

heymom Member

7. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I have to let you all in on a little secret.

I get so many complaints about WS being an "intruder" board and about the same amount of complaints about being a "Ramsey did it" board.

I guess it's how you read it.

Yes, WS and FFJ are two totally different animals. If some of the posters from WS tried to post their ideas over here they would be eaten alive and vise-a-versa (is that how you spell that saying?LOL)

Since the original reason myself along with many others got into the "Internet Forums" was to find justice for JonBenet I do my best, and the wonderful moderators do their best, to be fair but, we are two totally different forums.

8. shannon1233

shannon1233 Member

9. shannon1233

shannon1233 Member

I agree, it is 2 completely different forums, and yes even have a "different" feel, heck, I don't know how you manage to be sooooo unbiased, and open minded to all points of view (unlike that of the swamp mistress, lol), not only that, but to allow that at your own expense! You have my utmost appreciation, gratitude and respect Tricia! As well as the mods at both forums, they all do a fantastic job! :blowkiss: Posted from the bottom of my heart, MANY, MANY KUDO'S TO ALL AND A SINCERE THANKS!!!!!

10. shannon1233

shannon1233 Member

What a wonderful way of looking at it! And, my dear ACR, that's what makes you a professional! THANK YOU AS WELL FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE AND CONTINUE TO DUE FOR JBR. She is lucky to have people like you, as are the rest of us :blowkiss:

11. JoeJame

JoeJame member

I wish i could post at websleuths also...but because i have aol it won't let me.....i guess it is considered free. i love to read there also.

12. heymom

heymom Member

Thanks for your sweetness!! :grouphug: There are groups I've been in, one was a homeschooling group believe it or not, and I was flamed to ashes for making a couple of comments that differed with one of the Group Queens. Ouch!! In this forum, mostly the mods try to settle things down, unless a troll comes in (one joined at the same time as me) and then it's Katie bar the door!

There has to be somewhere for people to go, when they are considering all points of view and want to talk it out. This forum accepts people like that, I think, but also the emphasis is on the true evidence and not just somebody's insane theory that doesn't have a thing to do with the facts. If you come here with your mind made up that the Ramseys didn't do it, you are already in denial of some of the basic facts of the case. But there are folks, I'm sure, who just don't know some of the stuff and need somewhere to go to learn and grow. If WS is that place, it's a public service. And I know there are other crime discussions at both forums, so some people might have just a passing interest in this case.

I am amazed and awed by the people here, too. Little did I know that when I went looking for more facts on JonBenet and where the case had gone over the last 10 years, I would find this community, which has never given up and never lost hope for justice. It's really quite astounding. These folks here are more like JonBenet's family should have been and should still be, never giving up, never going to give up on the truth.

One more hug!! :grouphug: :gomods: And very nice to meet you!:hiya:

13. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

shannon,

Thanks for your very carefully thought-out post comparing and contrasting FFJ and WS. I give you an A+ for your essay.

I've been a member of both boards since their inception. Both have great strengths, and a few minor weaknesses. I wouldn't choose one over the other for general crime and justice discussions.

WS seems to be a younger and more intense group. They have some great researchers, and I always go over there to read about the latest crime in the headlines. They seem to be a kinder and gentler group, maybe because past mods were so very very strict. (I was always being sent to the Parking Lot). And, of course, it's way more active than FFJ because of the sheer number of registered posters. I confess, I get a little lost over there sometimes.

We here at FFJ are battle-scarred posters on the JBR case. We've seen it all, having been there from the earliest discussions on BNF and the TIME magazine board. Those who joined a little later got their war medals at Purgatory , Cybersleuths, and Crime 2000 (is that the right name)?

Anyway, we should all get along like two branches of the same family, with Tricia as our "Mom".

Thanks for opening up this topic, as it is always interesting to find out what people really think of FFJ.

14. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I don't know crap about this case. Who the hell is Miss Patsy?

15. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

All the old timers at FFj better keep up with their B12 shots and hormone replacement therapies cuz this case ain't gonna be solved anytime soon and Lacy/Tracey/Smitsy"s intruder list is endless. Not to mention, Boulder will replace Lacy with another clone so stamina is a must. And the next Intruder for a Day will bring out even more newbies.

The sun never sets on the British Empire or Forums for Justice. And the clock never runs out either.

16. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Off to websleuths Bob.

17. heymom

heymom Member

After locating my query in the other thread, I re-read it and I did sound quite callous and flip about the WS forum. I hereby publically apologize to anyone who lurks here and posts there, or vice versa. I didn't mean to make y'all out to be a bunch of fools, but I was probably trying to be clever or something. I can be such an :behind: at times...
    :stupid1:

Will go away now...what was I smoking... :box: :runaway: :lame: :404:

18. shannon1233

shannon1233 Member

AWWWW, PLEASE, don't appologize hun :grouphug: The written word doesn't always translate the same as if we were face to face :) Besides, you were RIGHT, as I explained in my post, WS, great as it is, does not have the expertise and expert JBR knowledge that FFJ has! PLEASE, delete your appology, it's really, really not necessary :grouphug: You should read some of the stuff I've posted on WS, LOL while trying to be clever or funny, it would make yours seem tame :) I blame it on the crack!

19. heymom

heymom Member

OK, I feel better now, but really, I was rather callous in my wording. There is room for everyone and there's a forum for everyone too. :rose: We're just havin' a regular little love-fest, aren't we??? :)

I'm just thankful the gang here has made room for me, a newbie, and lets me shoot off my mouth from time to time. I, like you, am blown away by the doggedness and fortitude of these people! I know many of them have vowed to stick it out until there is true justice for JonBenet, and I believe they will. I hope I can be a small part of it. Have a great Columbus Day!

20. rashomon

rashomon Member

I like both forums - they can't be compared.
    Websleuths is a real big forum with so many posts per day that it is sometimes hard to keep up reading them. The have a motley crew consisting of RDIs, IDIs and also quite a few fence-sitters. I like discusssing and debating with IDIs too and hear what they have to say - it keeps me on my toes. And while there are some IDIs on WS with really outlandish theories (pedophile party in the Ramsey home etc.), no IDI over there - unlike on some other forums - is a fanatic (for WS wouldn't allow fanatics to attack other posters).
    I like studying IDI posters' theories because their theories only confirm me in my opinion that the Ramseys are guilty as hell. I have yet to hear an IDI posting a complete time line of events in which all the circumstantial evidence is contained. It can't be done.
    IDIs also have a hard time acknowledging the rock-solid and very incriminating fiber evidence against Patsy and John. But all they have to offer is to explain it away by alleging the police lied about the fiber evidence. And the beauty about having both WS and FFJ is that I could go over here and ask the immensely knowledgeable FFJ posters their opinion about it. They told me that it was a lawyer (Levin) who confronted the Ramseys with the fiber evidence, and lawyers, unlike the police, are NOT allowed to lie in interrogations. I then posted their answer over on Websleuths. I see both forums as complementary.
    FFJ is an excellent forum to ask specific questions, for there is no aspect of the case which the people here haven't studied in depth.
    Imo both WS and FFJ have a very important place in the JBR internet discussion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice