Justice for JonBenét

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JR, Mar 20, 2002.

1. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Perfect Murder Perfect Town by Lawrence Schiller

Under Colorado law, any citizen can challenge the decision of the District Attorney in a particular case by filing a court motion to compel prosecution. (P 378; pp 3 -last sentence in this paragraph.)

I pray that someone who can finacially afford to do so, will eventually get fed up enough with this case to file said motion.

2. Cookie

Cookie Member

I Didn't Know That!

Way to go JR! I'll check with Doc (who is also a lawyer) about your post and get back with you.

Flying!

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I think Darnay Hoffman tried this already.

However with the new D.A. perhaps it could be tried again.

4. AK

AK Member

Evidence!

If the evidence isn't there, the prosecution cannot go forward. The DA has a mandate to protect the case. Rushing into a courtroom half-cocked (even after five years) isn't gonna do it.

Better to spend your time on breaking down the parties involved and those close to them.

Truly it's unfair to all the hard working folks who deeply want this case in a criminal court to even suggest that they are derelict in their duty.

I know how frustrating it is -- I share that with you -- but some cases are extraordinarily complex and need time. Many cases get solved after long investigations.

5. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

FedoraX

I agree in principle. It's just sad that so many lives are being destroyed by this case and yet there has never been an arrest.

6. Cookie

Cookie Member

Don't Get Your Hopes Up

With our new DA, Mary Keenan, you will be vastly disappointed. She has publically announced her complete disinterest in the Ramsey case. She supposedly was one of Alex's assistants and specialized in crimes against women. Yaaaaaah!

She remains uncomfortable even discussing "the case." She probably was the WORST choice for the DA's office. Again, Boulder voters show their lack of having brains. "She's a woman, so let's vote her in." Dah!

At one time, Doc fantisized about running. His platform would have been to reopen the Ramsey case. What do you think about that? But of course, he was too busy saving his own buttock (a Gump-ism) with Jefferson County and was an indicted felon (commercial bribery).

Oh well, the beat goes on.

It's extremely frustrating living here, with its wacky politics and all. It's a beautiful place, though. You look at the range of mountains and it still takes my breath away.

Just a thought: has anyone else, besides me, thought about a new board game called "Who Killed JonBenet?" Like "Clue." Instead of having Mrs Peacock or Colonel Mustand we could PR and JR, Jameson, Burke, LL Woods moving on the board that was a map of the 15th street house. For the weapons, we could have the garrote, the flashlight, duct tape, rope and the cards for who done it, could be Santa, Chris Wolfe etc. And, of course, all proceeds would go to the JonBenet Children's Foundation!

7. fly

fly Member

sick joke?

cookie - If you are just kidding, you humor stinks. If you are serious, your idea is disgusting.

8. Midnight_Wolf

Midnight_Wolf Member

Fly

I'll second that. This has never been funny. Not a game then, not a game now. We are still talking about an innocent little child. She never deserved to die such a violent death. This is not a game, and it really isn't any fun. I just want the truth to come out.

9. Pope

Pope New Member

cookie

If you are who you claim to be

I WILL EAT MY MITER!

10. Cookie

Cookie Member

Board Game

Lighten up! I didn't mean to push your buttons. I'm so sorry that you were offended. Nobody feels the tragedy of JB's murder more than I do.

Humor is one of the healthiest psychological mechanisms. in dealing with tragedy. I have chosen humor over far less heathy reactions, such as denial, or projecting the cause of the murder on some nonexistant intruder. I'll be more careful and try to share my humor more privately. If you could only walk in my shoes for a moment and understand that I have been through alot.

Again, apologies for seeming inappropriate. Please forgive me if I have offended you. That was not my intent. I'm heartbroken that the Ramsey's
    wealth moneyed down the first amendment rights of ST, a man, I highly respect.

11. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I understand, Cookie. People are just aggravated that money buys justice--or injustice, in this country everytime. It really sucks.

12. fly

fly Member

timeless poor taste

BobC - My comment has absolutely nothing to do with frustrations about money buying justice/injustice. I didn't find the ST settlement to be either terribly surprising or distressing. I never figured it would go to trial, and I never had much hope that it would do anything to move the JBR case forward if it did go to trial. The timing of Cookie's comment was of no importance.

13. BobC

ouch. I stand corrected.

14. Nikeo

Nikeo Member

Cookie, what about JB's little shoes

Cookie, you wrote "If you could only walk in my shoes for a moment and understand that I have been through alot."

What "you have been through" cannot even compare to what that baby girl went through!. I agree with the rest, sick thought, sick joke, even sicker game!

JMNTBHO

15. fly

fly Member

BobC

Just wanted to be clear that there's no denial, or even displacement, behind this.

16. BobC

Fly--you are anything but unclear. In fact, you're probably the most unnervingly accurate, clear, and factual poster ever on the face of the earth. You keep us from getting side-tracked, which is good even when we're feeling glamorously lynch-mobby and we are in no mood to deal with annoying things like facts and evidence.

17. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

My 2 cents

While the game idea is repelling to many of us, please, let's direct our comments at the post and not the poster. I doubt Cookie intended to be offensive. I have to agree with Cookie that humor sometimes gets us through the worst of times even if I don't agree with this particular flavor of humor.

18. Scully

Scully Member

Question...

Weren't there a series of photographs of JBR released to the tabloids which were taken by a Judith Miller?

My memory of the early days of the investigation are pretty fuzzy anymore. Is this the same Judith Miller ? ? ?

19. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Cookie

Better copyright your idea for that board game. I'm sure Patsy and John are not above stealing the idea. After all, they are running out of moneymaking schemes. Only two more entities for them to sue ...then no more paychecks for them and Leroy.

BTW, we need some sarcasm off-on icons here. There are some readers who just have absolutely no sense of satire or of the absurd.

Cookie's idea is no worse than Patsy's traveling JonBenet museum, the Trophy Room, the faux JBR Foundation, and the pile of rocks memorial at the Charlevoix house. Patsy Ramsey invented tacky.

20. Thor

Thor Active Member

HAHAHA Lurker!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice