Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Now that, Yum Yum, is truly mindboggling....

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStrat
    I hate boob jobs. They look great when they're in the holster, but ridiculous when the moment of truth arrives.

Go with hormone injections, Yum.
    But won't the hormone injections make YumYum's boobs look like Karr's?

Oct. 13, 2006 12:58am

freeSpeech: L. Lin Wood
    Attorney Speaks Out About Media Frenzies

printed Oct. 12, 2006

"The media frenzy drives ratings and ratings drive profits. Truth is too often too boring."

(CBS) It's quiet now, but don't be fooled – another media frenzy is just around the corner.

It may take a few weeks or a few months — or maybe just the next slow news cycle — but it will happen again just as it has happened in the past.

O.J. Simpson, JonBenét Ramsey, Chandra Levy, Laci Peterson. A partial role call of media frenzies.

John Mark Karr was added to the list, as the morning talk shows and 24/7 cable networks saw their ratings soar as the image of Mr. Karr being paraded in front of cameras in Thailand was played over and over again.

And with each media frenzy, the same old "talking heads" resurface for another 15 minutes of fame and are introduced as experts instead of being correctly recognized as uninformed windbags who likely would never be allowed to testify in a court of law.

But the media frenzy does not care. It will substitute itself for the system of justice. And each morning and each night will deliver a guilty or not guilty verdict to the viewers. Never mind that the verdict will be based on speculation, rumor, gossip, or hearsay. Never mind that most of the so-called facts will be wrong.

The media frenzy drives ratings and ratings drive profits. Truth is too often too boring.

A word of caution: When the next media frenzy dominates your television screen, be skeptical perhaps to the point of disbelief. Or better yet, turn off the television and read a good book.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    L. Lin Wood has 29 years experience as a trial lawyer focusing on civil litigation, representing individuals and corporations as plaintiffs or defendants in tort and business cases involving claims of significant damage. Mr. Wood also has extensive experience in First Amendment litigation and management of the media in high profile cases.
    freeSpeech: Lin Wood
    Attorney Lin Wood knows a media frenzy when he sees one: He once represented the parents of JonBenet Ramsey. Wood has some strong words about the state of today's media.

Default Mame ... Dumpster Diva Plagiarist ...

The dumpster diving Diva, Mame was claiming that FFJ members had crossed a legal line ... insinuating that we had libeled or slandered her, and others. In the process, Mame PLAGIARIZED the work of author Ethan Lourdes. Crabgrass journalist Mame lifted, word for word, the work of Ethan Lourdes ... without attribution. She pretended that the work was her own. Go figure.

Here's a link to Ethan Lourdes' writing:

And here is Mame's STOLEN work:

Member since 8-20-06
    10-11-06, 09:02 PM (EST)

10. "RE: Westword Article..."
    In response to message #9

Libel and slander, in law, types of defamation. In common law, written defamation was libel and spoken defamation was slander. Today, however, there are no such clear definitions. Permanent forms of defamation, such as the written or pictorial, are usually called libel, while the spoken or gestured forms are called slander.

The term libel is also often used if a wide audience for the defamation is possible. Courts have split over which category radio and television are in; today's statutes generally categorize defamation occurring in those media as slander. The offenses are alike in several respects. The defamation—essentially exposure to hatred, contempt, ridicule, or pecuniary loss—must directly affect the reputation of a living person. It must be published, i.e., revealed to someone besides the subject of the attack. It is no defense that the defendant merely repeated but did not originate the defamation.

The plaintiff is required to prove the colloquium (circumstances of utterance showing that the statement was directed against him or her specifically) and, when necessary, the innuendo (the factors making an apparently innocent statement defamatory). Generally, truth is an absolute defense in a suit for defamation. A false defamatory statement may be privileged if the actor was a legislator, executive officer, or speaking in a court proceeding. The requirement of colloquium makes unactionable defamation of a large group, e.g., a racial or professional group.

Whether the charge is libel or slander is important. Most libels are deemed injurious and give immediate ground for suit. However, only cetain types of statements are slanderous per se and do not require proof of pecuniary damages; these include imputation of crime, of loathsome disease, or of professional or occupational incapacity. In other cases, there may not be any recovery unless the pecuniary loss caused by the injury is proved. The award to the successful plaintiff in a suit for defamation will usually include punitive, as well as compensatory, damages if the defendant willfully lied or published the defamation repeatedly.

You are pathetic, Mame!

Brooklyn, New York

Quote Originally Posted by YumYum012
    I'm gonna contact my travel agent in the mornin' to make arrangements for a sex-change excursion to Thailand ... so that I can be counted among the ranks of the Glorious Guttah Hags.

... I'm thinkin' a C-cup would be nice ... whaddaya think?

The problem is that once you get your C cups they will be brand new and perky ; that will upstage some of the other hags like myself whose "perk" has left the building

We can make you an honorary Glorious Guttah Hag and Ho. What about Man Hag? Is that a fancy enough title for ya?

Jayelles and Elle and I could be McHags.

I actually really want that under my name now.

McHag The Third

Brooklyn, New York

Default Gee Guys

I just now noticed that you put the "title" under my name and I'm so touched that I'm not quite sure what to say

I'd like to thank the academy

I'd like to think that all my years of hard working haginess has finally been recognized by the fine mind of Ashley and with that on my resume, I can finally rest well at night

I'd like to thank Ashley for providing us with endless material for the gutter

Please, fellow hags and hos, accept my heartfelt thanks for the recognition

I will wear it proudly until Ashley deems the next hag more worthy.

A special thanks goes out to Shannon_2 for bringing it to the forum for us all to see.

The Lone Star State

Default perky?

I should get the saggy haggy award - I have to strap my "twins" down with a knee brace. lol (because I just have to laugh at what age has done to me or I would cry)

Quote Originally Posted by Texan
    I should get the saggy haggy award - I have to strap my "twins" down with a knee brace. lol (because I just have to laugh at what age has done to me or I would cry)
    I might just fight you for the saggy haggy award there Texan, I can go around the house topless, and voila, my floors are spotless Yep, age and childbirth, gives us a whole new look ::shocked2
    So that would make me the "saggy old hag"
    Last edited by Shannon_2; October 13, 2006, 8:29 am at Fri Oct 13 8:29:14 UTC 2006.

Hornetsville, NY

Omygawd, this thread is so funny.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Somewhere over the rainbow

I wanna be the Oreo Hag!!! Barbara said I was (whine).

Yum Yum, if you are going under the knife to get implants, you gotta get Ds at least. Why go to all that trouble and pain unless you're gonna get noticed?

But remember, you will need skin expanders somewhere in order to cover those could ask for grafts from us hos.

Hey, mom, Pass the Oreos!
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

Hey Yummie - Patsy had C-cup implants - go all the way and have electrolysis and slap on the Magic Marker makeup and you could look just like her!!!

(Which is where I think Karr was going - transforming himself into Patsy, ala Michael Jackson into Diana Ross.)