Karr and NBC News

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, Oct 12, 2006.

1. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2006
  2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Oh Great. They served the gender confused weirdo alcohol before the interview. That was smart. Sounds like NBC learned from the Boulder D.A's investigator who flew home with Karr.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2006
  3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

You know, Karr must be the most gullible person imaginable. I guess he just does what anyone tells him to do.

"Don't feel like talking much? Here, have a drink. That'll take the edge off...."

No wonder he fell in love with Tracey. Tracey talked to him for four years, hundreds of hours of emails and phone calls. Most people I know don't have time to talk to their SPOUSES for that long.

4. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Keith Abelow was on the Today Show this morning previewing his interview with Karr for his own show, which is supposed to be on Tuesday. I recorded the segment but have to be away from the computer for the bulk of the day. I will post the segment when I get back.

Summary: Nothing we do not already know. Karr is wacky.

5. wombat

wombat Member

They serve alcohol at most of these TV shows. I know some people who've been on Letterman and the Tonight Show, and if you want to you can get snockered before you go on. Makes for a more "relaxed" guest.

Karr's still in the media? Someone should get him to talk about TraceyLacy, other than that, what's the point?

6. Niner

Niner Active Member

I went to the link BobC provided, but there is NOTHING there about John karr and NBC news? Am I missing something? even put in the 'search' for this, and it comes up with nothing??!! Anyone have a direct link, or should I just wait until WhyNut posts that segment?

Thanks guys! you're the greatest! :genie:

7. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

Hi Niner,

Don't know if this is the same or not but here's a link I got sent this morning on article in the NY Post.

=======================================
    October 13, 2006 -- JOHN Mark Karr, the pedophile who falsely claimed to have murdered JonBenet Ramsey, was too creepy for "Good Morning America" - but not, ap parently, for "Today." Over the weekend, "GMA" announced it had scrapped its planned interview with Karr - mainly because he was just too dis gusting, and partly because police were called after Karr had "GMA" staffers drive him to an elementary school in San Fran cisco where he once worked. Karr ended up doing an interview with Dr. Keith Ablow, a forensic psychologist who has a syndicated show with Tele pictures. "Today" bought the footage from Ablow and will air it next week, even though there are prob lems with the "interview." Karr was not only paid "a lot of money" for the sit-down by Telepictures, a source says, he "was given six drinks before the interview and then told that it was a 'run- through.' Which it was not. Ba sically it is the weird ramblings of a drunk, narcissistic pedo phile." Reps for Ablow did not return repeated calls. A rep for "Today" declined comment. Meanwhile, JonBenet's father, John Ramsey, will tell his side of the story and share his views on Karr to Barbara Walters in her "10 Most Fascinating People of the Year" special in December.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10132006/gossip/pagesix/karrs_drunk_rant_to_air_pagesix_.htm

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  8. koldkase

NO WAY!

hahahaha Oh, this should be RICH! A suspect in his molested child's decade old murder speaks on a pedophile who DIDN'T do it!

I swear, I couldn't make this stuff up on my BEST day of fiction writing in my life!

9. BobC

10. Thor

Thor Active Member

Help me Jeezus, John go away, just go away! One of the 10 most fascinating people?? The only thing fascinating about John is that flicking tongue of his.

11. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

This was transcribed by ACandyRose:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/?ta=y

Today show "John Mark Karr Speaks Out"

Oct. 13: In a discussion with "Today" host Matt Lauer, Dr. Keith Ablow of "The Dr. Keith Ablow" show, shares some excerpts and insight from his exclusive interview with John Mark Karr.

Matt Lauer: As we mentioned, Dr. Keith Ablow (Forensic Psychologist) recently sat down with John Mark Karr for an exclusive interview. Keith, good to have you back, good morning. How did this come about, how did, why did he grant an interview at this time?

Dr. Keith Ablow: I think he granted an interview at this time because he wants his side of the story to be known, that's what he said the stated purpose of the interview was.

Matt Lauer: Let me start with some accusations that have been made about this interview, okay and I want you to set the record straight for me. There have been claims that he was given alcohol as many as six drinks before this interview was conducted. I want to know was he drunk at the time of this, did you serve him alcohol before sitting down to talk to him?

Dr. Keith Ablow: He was stone cold sober. and when people look at this tape, first of all he sat with me for almost four hours and didn't miss a beat. Said no comment to certain questions, answers others in detail, no slurring of speech, he was served no alcohol.

Matt Lauer: There's another accusation that he was told this was a run through for an interview, which sounds unlikly if it was four hours, but that he was told it was a run through for an interview, he wasn't aware that this was actually being recorded.

Dr. Keith Ablow: He signed a release, he sat with me, there was more than one camera in the room, and so nobody could claim this was a run through, this is what you'll see.

Matt Lauer: What about money, did you pay for the interview?

Dr. Keith Ablow: I didn't pay for the interview, Telepictures did now pay for the intervew.

Matt Lauer: Okay let's talk about his state of mind, his demeanor during the interview. You're a psychiatrist, I'm not, and we're going to show a couple clips in a second. What did you take away from the interview?

Dr. Keith Ablow: Well, I took a lot of things away from the interview. Mainly that this man wants to present one face to the public and when he becomes comfortable with me over the course of hours another John Mark Karr emerges and that's a very concerning John Mark Karr.

Matt Lauer: Alright, the first part of this on why he decided to talk right now, here's a little about how he explains that.

Video clip of Interveiw Starts:

John Mark Karr: "and let the world decide and if they can surmise that from listening to my conversation now then at least I know I have done the best I can. I can only just be myself."

Video clip of Interveiw Ends:

Matt Lauer: This is a guy who has been accused in the past of wanting his fiftenn minutes of fame. And so is this just more in that area?

Dr. Keith Ablow: Well, there's the 15 minutes part, for instance he says they didn't do the right DNA checking, I have a second pair of underpants of JonBenets...

Matt Lauer: So he's still saying that he's the guy?

Dr. Keith Ablow: I have a second pair of underpants in my possession hidden that will have my DNA on it because I switched JonBenets underpants before the police could check so there's that part of him.

Matt Lauer: So when you talk to him and you said to him you're walking free right now, do you think you should be free, he looks at you and says I should still be custody?

Dr. Keith Ablow: No he doesn't because part of what he also says is that for instance his desires for young girls, right, that they are increasing their self esteem, he says who am I to deny a girl her desires, a 8 year old girl should be able to say, I'm powerful in the world, if I want an adult man I should have him.

Matt Lauer: Let me ask you about this idea, this fixation he seems to have with children. Is this guy in your opinion technically a pedophile?

Dr. Keith Ablow: Absolutely

Matt Lauer: He's a sexual preditor?

Dr. Keith Ablow: Absolutely

Matt Lauer: And so to have this free guy on the street do you think he's a possibly risk of causing harm to somebody?

Dr. Keith Ablow: Without question.

Matt Lauer: Which has got to make you pretty uncomfortable as a psychiatrist and got to make all of us uncomfortable as citizens knowing that's he's walking.

Dr. Keith Ablow: It makes me very determinded and grateful for the opportunity to work with you to bring the reality of who this man is to public attention.

Matt Lauer: Okay let's run another clip and this is one where he talks about the media scrutney in this case and what it was like to live through it and continue to be like.

John Mark Karr: "at this point if a, the public ever wants it ever to be solved, personally, no, I don't think it's possible."

Matt Lauer: When you talked to him about the media scrutney, he said oh my God it was just incredible but you know he's the guy who brought this scrutney on by the comments he made said so, so he has to expect that he's going to be in the public eye.

Dr. Keith Ablow: You know what, sometime people have accillies heels psycohology, John Mark Karr is his narcissism. He desperately wants public attention, so much so that he's willing to sit for an interview in which increasing over time, and we'll see more clips as we meet over the coming days, he reveals so much of his interior self, perhaps without intending to, but it's right there.

Matt Lauer: Do you think there's anything in this interview Keith that's going to make law enforcement officials to take another hard look at John Mark Karr?

Dr. Keith Ablow: I believe there are parts of this interview that they will want to look at very closely.

Matt Lauer: Okay, let's take one more look at a clip from the interview you conducted with him.

John Mark Karr: "quite good at it and I think that children benefit from the talent I bring to my profession and I had a repore with them. My approach to working with children is hellenistic, it's not just to work with academics, it's to take care of all their needs."

Matt Lauer: What he's talking about dealing with young children as a teacher.

Dr. Keith Ablow: Correct, but you know, he tilts his hand even there, at a point he's being quite guarded, I take care of all their needs. Well, one of the needs he takes care of, he believes, is if a young girl has desires for him, that he serves her desires. He says they won't take no for an answer from me sometimes. He says, listen you know what the truth is, you shared ice cream cone with a little kid sometimes right, I'm better than an ice cream cone. That's the man we're dealing with and I think people should know about it.

Matt Lauer: I'm not a psychiatrist, my take on him is this guy is a little more than a little bit off. Your profession diagnosis?

Dr. Keith Ablow: He's narcissistic clearly but we are dealing with a textbook case of pedophilia.

Matt Lauer: Dr. Keith Ablow, Thank you very much.

12. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I think I'm going to be sick.

Baba Wawa is going to have Lizard Lips on in December to spout his "innocence" nonsense?!?

I don't think I can take it. I say we start an e-mail campaign RIGHT NOW to get that interview STOPPED!!! John Ramsey is NOT one of the "10 Most Fascinating People of the Year." He's not even close. Even if I COULD stand Mr. Flicker, he hasn't done ANYTHING this year but hide out during the Karr fiasco. Why does that make HIM fascinating?

What is WRONG with people? And what the samhill is wrong with the media? Have they no shame? No integrity? No functioning brain cells?

13. Carol

Carol Member

Cherokee, maybe John Mark Karr is on of the most fascinating people of the year. I think Barbara Walters once said that someone doesn't have to be fascinating in a good way. And it sounds like John Ramsey is just going to be one of the people commenting on Karr. I think.

14. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, Carol, I see your point. Karr isn't fascinating, he's disgusting. But considering for what passes for celebrity these days, the media doesn't know the difference.

I STILL can't stomach the idea of John Ramsey getting one more minute of free air time to "tell his side of the story."

JOHN RAMSEY: (Hand rubbing, butt wiggle, tongue flick) "Poor us. Poor me. (tongue flick) We were so persecuted. They were out to get us. Poor us. Poor me. (Butt wiggle, tongue flick) But we prayed and got Mary Lacy. She even told us she was our miracle. Poor us. Poor me. (tongue flick) Nevermind our stonewalling of the investigaton, or all the innocent people we threw under the bus, or all the people we sued for the shirts off their backs. Poor us. Poor me. (Hand rubbing, butt wiggle, tongue flick) We have always been such fine Christians. And we are now VINDICATED. We have been CLEARED AS SUSPECTS. (tongue flick, tongue flick) Lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie .....

15. BobC

Yeah--I'm gonna hurl if I watch that. The only fascinating person in this Karr mess is Lacy, possibly the dumbest human being on the face of the earth. I think they should film her taking an intelliegnce test...

16. koldkase

After this Ablow interview, I hope Baba Wawa changes her mind about this whole idea. If she touches Karr with a ten foot pole, then SHE'S seriously disturbed.

I don't think John Ramsey is the subject of the piece, however. What has he done lately but show up at Patsy's funeral and give Wood sound bytes? JR hid while waiting for Karr to be cleared.

And I sincerely hope that Karr turns over those "hidden" undies. hahaha Yeah, Karr, you've got a pair of JB's undies if the RST GAVE them to you. Which I wouldn't doubt they would if they thought it would revive their ruined reps over this thing....

17. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

18. koldkase

Thanks ACR for the transcript and Yum Yum for the video url. :luv:

19. BobC

I find the fact that media people are still milking this preposterous story absolutely sickening. This phoney psychiatrist...blech

20. BobC

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice