John Walsh

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tril, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Tril

Tril Member

Anderson Cooper had a special program on cold cases yesterday called "FBI's Mystery Case Files." John Walsh was the guest commentator.

The very first case featured was the JonBenet case. I was shocked to learn that Walsh is IDI. I could hardly believe my ears! Walsh lost a lot of credibility with me at that point, and I then had a big problem listening to his comments on the other cases he and Anderson discussed. Almost everything Walsh said about other cases sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher going blah blah blah blah.

Anderson didn't appear to agree with Walsh and mentioned the note, including the fact that the ransom amount was almost the same as John Ramsey's Christmas bonus. The JonBenet segment was short, so nothing was discussed in depth.

What does Walsh have to gain from siding with the Rs? He surely couldn't really believe an intruder did it, could he? If he does, he's not as bright as I thought he was.

2. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

He only knows what his "people" tell him. He lost a child. He should know better. Moron.

3. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I tend to think that John Walsh just doesn't know much about the case, and never had any real reason to investigate it thoroughly like many others

With that in mind, and having been in a position of suspicion when his little boy went missing, he is in a tough situation to speak to the behavior of the parents. Of course, he and his wife did everything asked of them and in a very timely fashion, unlike the Ramseys, and were cleared at some point. Nonetheless, it must put him in a very awkward position to comment about the Ramseys one way or the other.

I would be surprised if he fears Wood, but let's not forget that he is a spokesperson for any media station that is currently employing him and he really isn't free to voice opinions that reflect upon the station

Having said all that, lol, I think I would respect him more if he put aside his ego long enough in this case to just refrain from any opinion at all and state that he just doesn't know enough to make an informed opinion.

He also at one time offered to do a segment on AMW and the Ramseys refused, with Jameson stating that Walsh was BORG, so go figure!

Is anything ever easily explained in the Ramsey case? No

4. Tril

Tril Member

I found this September 14, 1997 article, in which John Walsh speaks about the JonBenet case:

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0914jon1.htm

(snip)
    (snip)
    (snip)
    Edited to add: Walsh appears rather noncommittal in the article, but on the Anderson Cooper program yesterday, Walsh came right out and said (paraphrased) "I believe that someone went into the Ramseys' house and killed the little girl."

5. INSIGHT

INSIGHT Banned - TOS Violation

Walsh

I was just going to post this above info. Read it awile back on ACR I think. I believe his innitial thoughts to be his own real feelings. He was all go for RDI. Obvious to him. He was told what to say now. Walsh backed down or out. Wonder if producers or the Tracy's crew warned him off. Intresting.

6. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

That's exactly right. Walsh's TV program has brought over 900 criminals to justice so far, and he can't possibly be up to speed on the intimate details of 900+ cases.

When he says, "No one should be able to say that (parents aren't acting right) unless they've walked in those shoes, unless they've been through the worst.'', someone should ask him how many lawyers HE hired when his son Adam was kidnapped - and how many months HE waited before he and his wife sat down with the police for questioning.

7. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

I could never say a bad word about this extraordinary man.

I just wish his researchers were more diligent.

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, I'm not going to diss Walsh. What he does is too important. And no parent of a murdered child has suffered more than he.

I agree that he has producers and aids who help him with the elements of the crimes he showcases. I doubt he knows that much about JonBenet's murder, other than the last years of RST spin that has dominated the media. I doubt he has time. I'm guessing he simply gives his opinion on it because he's asked and it's too high profile for him to say Gee, have no idea....

9. INSIGHT

I will vow

Yep... That this is not a pass off for Mr. Walsh. He hated the child offenders. He is a great person. He is doing what he does because of his first born son "ADAM" death by a perverted man.... HE WAS 6 TOO! It is just what he had to say for the "Record". His innitial response is that this reaction of the R'S family was totally the opposite of what you "Would" feel. Don't go to far on this topic, unless it is to find out "WHO" told him what to say now. He has had enough. John Walsh is a hero to me!

10. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I'm stunned to realize Walsh is an "intruder" guy.

If anyone should know better it's him. He knows the Ramseys didn't cooperate and how they stonewalled the cops.

Look at Marc Klaas. An intruder really did go into the house and steal his little angel then killed her. Yet, Klaas has no problem pointing out what is wrong with the Ramsey case.

I don't get it. The only thing I THINK may have happened is, like someone already pointed out, he relies on his producers for his info. There is no reason for him personally to keep up on the case so he spouts what his producers tell him. With Lin Wood doing such a good job over the past few years those producers are just acting as mouthpieces for him.

God, this is so frustrating.

11. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

well !!!

I have no idea who this Walsh is..or what he does.. quite frankly is totally irrelevent to me !!..so I can be totally unbiased and candid..
    If he purports to be some kind of crusader etc..then he should know the line of discovery defers to EVIDENCE and FACTS....that supposedly a man learned in these ideas should go on to make comment that flies in the face of both those citeria brings his credibility to question!!

If he cant be bothered to check the validity of what he espouses..then he's a fool !!..as would anyone be ..

some may feel this harsh assessment...i say its just matter of fact !!

12. sue

sue Member

I know you said who John Walsh is was totally irrelevent to you, but here is some information about him in case you are interested:
    http://www.amw.com/about_amw/index.cfm

I agree with the others who say he is probably relying on his producers and aids to give him the 'facts' in the case. Since what is mostly in the media is IDI, that's what they would be feeding him.

I think the difference between John Walsh and Mark Klaas is that Mark Klaas has probably done a lot of his own 'research' about the case (here's a link about his foundation: http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-prog.htm ).

13. Little

Little Member

I admire John Walsh too. He took the worst thing that can happen to any parent and directed that grief into trying to apprehend criminals (very much the opposite of John Ramsey who has no rage and let his murdered daughter's victim site dissolve along with his promise to personally look for her killer - guess he found them?).

He has to be overwhelmed with all the cases that are brought to his attention, and quite frankly, no one murdered child, or murder victim deserves more attention than another.

(I highlighted a portion)

Maybe Patsy declined because of they could not control what would be revealed?

Little

14. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I remember that well. I also remember wondering why any parent would turn down an opportunity to have AMW devote an entire show to finding information that may lead to the murderer of JonBenet, but then realized that information leading to the murderer of JonBenet is EXACTLY why Walsh and AMW were turned down by the Ramseys

What other possible explanation is there for the Ramseys to refuse such a generous and worthwhile offer?

I guess as long as they had Smit and Tracey on the case.....no need for true information

15. INSIGHT

Maybe

Maybe Patsy would have shouted then mumbled out.... LOOK..... I just wrote the note. Then the parents would have went into FRY mode. :video:

16. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

I seem to remember Walsh making a comment that she was hanging or something like this. Something totally bizarre that proved he really did not have the details straight.

17. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

The Ramseys have never gone on TV to work the case. They have only ever gone on TV to defend THEMSELVES as suspects.

Tells me all I need to know.

Patsy nixed it? HAHAHAHA Of course she did.

18. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Right Sabrina. Walsh said John Ramsey "cut his daughter down", as if she was hung from something in the basement. That shows how little he knows about this case.

He also sounds a little biased since (he claims) he tried to get the BPD to contact his favorite 'super investigator' and they would have nothing to do with the guy.

19. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

No kidding!

That's the first thing I thought of.

Walsh wants us to think that the note figures are just coincidences? RIIIIGHT.

Life has taught me not to believe in coincidences.

20. tylin

tylin Banned

Tricia,
    You know it's odd. A few years ago, I swear I heard Walsh comment on the JBR case and he insinuated that the murder was comitted by someone in the home, ie. a family member. I too was shocked the other night when I heard him say the he thought an IDI. :eek: Shocked the he*l out of me actually.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice