Can Someone Please Explain?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Amber, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Amber

Amber Member

Why on earth the Ramsey's hired a PR company within hours of the body being found? Lawyers I can just about cope with, but a PR company????

2. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Lawyers for cops, PR for media. Spin this way, spin that way.

3. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

He's right.

Call me insensitive, but I'm old school: a "grieving mother" should not have her own PR flack.

4. tylin

tylin Banned

D*mn right. A grieving mom IMO, would have acted much differently than Patsy.
    Have you ever heard of a grieving mom having a lawyer, a PR firm and the power to stiffle the comments and opinions of many? grrr makes me sick just thinking about it.

5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Ramseys have strange priorities.....forget cooperating and clearing your name with the cops. Do the PR route and have your fame at the same time.

6. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

I believe Pat Korten was the one who hired the PR team.

-Tea

7. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Yeah, and what a great job HE did, too! They canned his sorry butt!

8. Amber

Amber Member

I've just been to Singapore and managed to find PMPT. I just got to the part where Pat is worried about the Ramseys going to church and being harassed by the media. SO he rings them all up and informs them where and when. :unreal:

Then he orchestrates a 'impromptu' wall of worshippers for the Ramseys to walk through outside, as protection/show of support.

One of the quotes in the book states that many felt disgusted by this manipulation. Unbelievable

9. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

To change the subject briefly, I just received the DVD PMPT with the Directors version. You can listen to Schiller 's comments for about two hours besides watching the film. Some of it is about the filming and how they recreated the house on a set in Utah, but he does speak about the case, the evidence at the time and the politics which were going on.

I always though Marge whatever was miscast as Patsy and I never thought the movie was very good because the main character was so weal but I am going to watch it again from a differerent perspective.

To answer your question Amber, later on, John severely criticized Pat Korten in one of his interviews.

10. Elle

Elle Member

I've had my CD for months, Sabrina. I agree with you Marge Helgenberger wasn't too good in this part. She is much better in her CSI character.

Did you notice Lawrence Schiller almost forgot he was talking about the JonBenét Ramsey Movie and got sidetracked? He started talking about how he had photographed Marilyn Monroe, and kept on talking about himself for a long time before he went back on track about the PMPT movie, which was still playing in the background, while he went over his own career. Unbelievable!

I didn't think Ann Margaret was a good choice for Nedra Paugh either.

11. Tril

Tril Member

I didn't like the movie at all...mainly because of the terrible casting. I thought Marge Helgenberger (?) was really awful as Patsy. She bore no physical resemblance to Patsy that I could see, plus she drove me up the wall with her constant whining. The dad of a friend of mine wanted to watch the movie, but Helgenberger's whining soon made him nuts, so he changed channels and watched something else.

Ronnie Cox looked too old to play the part of John, and the girl who played JonBenet looked too old to play her too.

The boy who played Burke was much smaller than the girl who played JonBenet, and I think the portrayal of Burke as having been shorter than JonBenet was probably intentional. Even a couple of PDI people I knew remarked after seeing the movie that the actor playing Burke was so much shorter than the girl who played JonBenet that the two must have been cast that way on purpose.

Of course, in real life, the children's heights were the other way around. I don't know when this photo was taken, but it seems to me I read it was taken a couple of years or so before JonBenet died.

[​IMG]

12. heymom

heymom Member

I didn't think Ann Margaret was a good choice for Nedra Paugh either.

No kidding! Ann Margaret still has her own teeth, doesn't she??? :laffbig:

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I think the worst one was Kris Kristofferson as Lou. Looks nothing like him. James Carville does!

14. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with all you're saying here, Tril. Bad movie, with a badly chosen cast, but whose complaining? :)

15. Elle

Elle Member

Oh, I forgot about Lou Smit and that toothpick, Punisher. Ech! Yessir! Badly cast! Why don't they give us the job of picking the actors?

Delta Burke might have made a better job of Patsy than Marge Helgenberger!

16. heymom

heymom Member

James Carville is a smart man. Lou Smit is full of hog-poop.

17. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I've never seen the movie and didn't know they made Burke smaller than JonBenet! What's up with that? Burke was 3 1/2 years older than JonBenet! He was much taller than her in real life. Did they think they could get away with portraying an older brother smaller than the little sister? Well, I guess they did. I wonder who demanded THAT fiction.

Obviously, it was done to minimize anyone thinking Burke may have had something to do with JonBenet's death. I bet the Ramseys made that demand in the script or they would SUE, SUE, SUE the producers of the movie.

Yep, if you're a Ramsey, you can have your way with the truth and turn it into any little ol' thing you want. Like a lie.

18. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

When I read about Lisa Minnelli playing the Patsy character in CSI I thought "What?". However, a week or so later, Lisa was a guest on Michael Parkinson here and I could see how she'd do a convincing Patsy (apart from the nose).

Lisa Minnelli is hugely popular here. She did a great interview with Parky, in fact, that was one terrific show with Sharon Osbourne and Lionel Ritchie joining Lisa. Hubby and I agreed it was one of the best Parkinson shows we'd seen. Lisa Minnelli is very entertaining and a great story teller. Of course the Brits love it when a celebrity comes on tv and admits to all their faults and Lisa Minnelli did.

19. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

News Update

I just heard on radio that despite earlier reports, an atomic bomb was NOT detonated in downtown Chicago this morning. The mushroom cloud seen this morning on the Chicago horizon was just Oprah having a meltdown because her satelite interview with Madonna was interupted by George Bush and his press conference on Iraq.

:floor:

20. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

hahaha Y'all are so funny.

I believe the Ramseys had a second PR person, didn't they? After they fired the first guy? I may be wrong, but seems like I read that in news articles once upon a time.

How Ramsey of them, to blame the PR person, LE, the media...anyone but themselves...OR THE KILLER.

The Ramseys crafted their guilty image when they refused to meet with LE for a formal interview. Lou Smit said himself if he'd been the detective he'd have arrested them and taken them to the BPD and interrogated them separately if they wouldn't go on their own. heh

Yet he never admits how guilty THEIR BEHAVIOR makes them look to LE and the public. Nope, he just concludes that they have been wrongly targeted as suspects. You know...because they're good Christians who just couldn't have done this...of course...and John SWORE TO GOD he didn't do it...what more does a SUPER DETECTIVE NEED FOR EVIDENCE?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice