You have GOT TO READ THIS.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

2. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Do you suppose Keith Andrews is the "respected" British investigator?

Or maybe Horace Mills? Or maybe Keith Andrews and Horace Mills/Bill Salisbury are one and the same.

Tricia, if you respond it goes to West Word, I don't think anything gets posted there.

3. Tricia

Sabreena, there are some letters to the editor about the article. It's on page one of the Letters to the Editor. They published local mostly. A few detractors too.

I think Prendergast's response in itself deserves an award. He just NAILED Mills.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

hahahaha Guess now we know where HoraceMills/BillSalisbury comes in.

So, Mills is as STOOOPID as Tracey. What a surprise...not.

I can just see him SNIFFING down his nose as he has his secretary type for him.

And Prendergast is so right: any fool who makes the argument that NAMING INNOCENT PEOPLE ON NATIONAL PROGRAMS AS SUSPECTED CHILD KILLERS TO PROVE A POINT THAT THERE MIGHT BE ONE OUT THERE is really beyond stupid, moving into DANGEROUSLY LOOPY.

But there you have it: the average RST fraud perpetrated by the ethically dead and functionally challenged. Did I mention MORALLY BANKRUPT?

5. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Well it's nice to see the Boulder brain-eating virus hasn't infested everybody. KICK AZZ!!

But I do resent the one letter writer implying that Michael Tracey could be trusted to flip hamburgers at Mac Donalds. That's just wrong.

6. Tricia

The last paragraph from Prendergast's reponse to David Mills is classic.

Finally, I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey. They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yep, that guy not only can WRITE, he can actually THINK! No wonder Mills and Tracey hate him!

8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

That was my favorite part too!

9. Tril

Tril Member

Wow! Prendergast really socked it to ol' Mills! :thumbsup: 'Twas a thing of beauty.

10. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Ok, maybe I need to clarify this. When you fill out the form it goes to WestWord, they may choose to put it on the site or not. It is not like it will automatically get posted!

11. Vic

Vic Active Member

Some things just beg the comment "WTF."

It's nice to see someone say the emperor has no clothes. Or bad teeth, whatever...

12. Little

Little Member

I think these are my favorite parts of Mill's letter:

I gotta say, I would certainly hope that I do not inhabit the same "moral" universe as Tracey & Mills, it would be a very barren and windswept place.

Apparently theirs is a universe where they do not recognize the difference between truth seeking and beetlejuice.

IMO, Tracey & Mills could use a double dose of "just get over yourself", it just isn't all about you...really.

Little

13. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

Wow, wow, wow, a man after my own heart and he stands up for what he writes. Prendergast that is, not Mills.

:bowdown: Alan Prendergast.

The only thing I see missing is that in that 2004 documentary by Tracey and Mills, they didn't just make Gigax the prime suspect in the JonBenet murder but the prime suspect in not one but FOUR criminal activities.

Tracey and Mills have John Stephen Gigax being the ninja intruder of the September 1997 Dance West victim, they have him being the 1996 Boulder Burglar, they have him being the killer of JonBenet and then they have him being the killer of Michael Helgoth. That is FOUR crimes they have John Stephen Gigax doing all in that one show. And have either Mills or Tracy apologized for their four star blunder? No, they have not.

Mr. Mills needs to go back and watch his own documentary. Or better yet, just go read his own transcript for the documentary. It's on his web site.

And somebody needs to wise Mills up that Gigax was never a suspect in the Boulder DA's office to start with to even be cleared. The keystone Ramsey Detectives (and that includes you Lou) and now the keystone British detective had him as a supect in their brains. Why? Because the dead man's (Helgoth's) DNA didn't match so they had to find a partner for the dead man.

Mills wrote:
    "Tracey made possible a documentary which -- importantly -- revealed the strength of leads which had never been followed up. It referred to "boxes" of such leads and quoted detectives calling for "teams of detectives" to be deployed to follow them up. It suggested that the reason this was not happening was that the people of Boulder had become exhausted with the case -- which deprived the elected district attorney of the public support and resources needed to mount such an investigation."

Well, guess what Mr. Mills, just who would those "teams of detectives" be? Surely you don't mean Lou Smit, Ollie Gray, Jon SanAugstin, David Williams, Pete Peterson or Jennifer Gettys, do you? Did not one of these super detectives inform Michael Tracey prior to his 2004 production that John Stephen Gigax wasn't really a true suspect with the Boulder DA's office? I mean if they couldn't find Mr. Gigax via a simple google search, how are they going to dig through all those "boxes of leads?" And might as well give up on that hoping the public support will allow the resources needed, you do mean money, right? I think the maintenance on that new KARR that squealed into town last August used up all the public support funding that Tracey, Lacy and the super detectives had any hopes for. So don't blame Prendergast for telling the truth. Put the blame where it belongs, in your own back yard.

14. Elle

Elle Member

Excellent letter by Prendergast. Will it have any influence in stopping their next production?

Excellent post BJ! Maybe you should send it to Westword.

15. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

When I grow up, I wanna be just like Alan Prendergast. He ranks right behind Neil Young, Tricia, and R. Crumb.

...YumYUm

16. tylin

tylin Banned

Kudos to Prendergast! An excellent article.
    Wonder if Tracey, Lacy and the rest of um :wood: :viking: read it?

17. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

'Hey hey, my my, There's more to the picture than meets the eye.' Alan Prendergast is right on it. Great work and writing.

18. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

This goes to show the beauty of good research. Prendergast was able to repond item by item to Mill's letter and in places, he demonstrated that Mills hadn't even properly read the original essay.

I had been going to post that the only person who had come out of this whole fiasco with any semblance of respect ... had been David Mills because he had expressed embarassment for the mess rather than making defiant personal attacks but I don't think that's justified now.

David Mils should stick to making documentaries about dyslexia.

And who is this shy British investigative journalist? I've never heard of such a thing. An investigative journalist who is happy to receive no credit for his work?

Another poster maybe right - perhaps it's Keith Andrews! The man who sees faces of dead people in stone! The whole thing is ridiculous. Alan Prendergast wrote an essay and provided quote after quote to substantiate it. David Mills responds using unnamed, unsourced references to attack Alan Prendergast's piece.

What is it with the RST and their unnamed, unsourced references?

19. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Hooray for Alan Pendergast! At last someone is the press is researching the story!

Maybe Alan is right and Tracey ought to be investigated as a suspect....however I think it's just greed on the part of Tracey.

The Ramsey cash cow should dry up for Tracey.....I doubt any repudible publishing house will bother with Mr. Goofus Tracey's book.

Please...one of you journalist out there....write a book on this nutty professor, Lacy's incompetent office and John Ramsey's running the Boulder DA's office.

Woody can't sue when it's the documented truth!!!!

20. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I loved the whole thing

Made my day

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice