Tom Bennett - phony investigator

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Spade

Spade Member

deleted by spade

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  2. Elle

Elle Member

Spade,

I am disappointed in Tom Bennett too. When I first heard a new investigator had been appointed, I thought there was a ray of hope for the JonBenét case. Many of us had confidence in him, up until now.

3. Spade

Spade Member

deleted by spade

4. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I never had any faith, so at least I didn't have to be disappointed. If Mary Lacy appointed them, or even asked them to help, I already knew it would be a waste, given her, ahem, points of view.

I think her hair curtains have affected any hope of logical thinking in the DA's office

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Yep. In fact, the Whites are the FIRST ones I would want to talk to.

Bennett was hired to toe the party intruder line. It's no secret that Lacy's office was not pursuing the Ramseys as suspects, and there's no way she was going to even consider Bennett's considering them as suspects. It was intruder all the way. Bennett should have been appalled by her bias, but he wasn't.

Interesting, though, that he has resigned once again as investigator - after the Karr fiasco. Another one slithering into his hidey hole. Notice Lou Smit hasn't been seen or heard from, either. Both these guys have some explaining to do, IMO.

6. Spade

Spade Member

Wy

deleted by spade

7. Elle

Elle Member

Where did you read this information that Tom Bennett had resigned, WY?

8. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

That's what I thought too WY. Unless this is an old article. Bold is mine.
    Was this when he "retired" and whatshisface came in for like 30 seconds then he came back again? Or, has he retired again.

As usual, I am confused beyond anything any human being can experience.

9. MlazyV

MlazyV Banned for Stupidity

Who is Mark Spray and what are his qualifications? Am I the only one who hadn't heard he was investigating JonBenet's death before the Thai circus?

http://www.courttv.com/news/ramsey/090906_karr_ap.html

I've looked and can find no evidence Mark Spray existed before August... The only other big 'expense' was a deduction for an investigator in Atlanta, which I believe was none other than Keenan's attendance at the funeral.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4955526,00.html

(sorry, that link has to be copy and pasted to work)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  10. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

This is the article I read, Tricia, and it's where I got my information that Bennett had retired again. It was a new article, I thought.

11. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Kolar, that's who it was. Wonder why he only stayed a very short time. Does anyone know how long it was and what was the reason given for his leaving?

12. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I don't think it's a new article. There's no date on it, but I think it's probably from 2005 when Bennett "retired" from the BDA, and Kolar came in briefly.

13. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Does anyone know what really happened to Kolar?

14. Spade

Spade Member

Telluride

deleted by spade

15. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I love phrases like "He's made tremendous progress." Progress towards what? This investigation hasn't moved one inch forward since 1999. Unless of course you count the Gigaxes, the Karrs, the Krebs and what have you--all of whom were soundly dismissed by the BPD almost instantly, whereas the DA gave them credibility. So thanks to the Queen of Dummies Lacy, this case has been creeping backwards, if anything.

Unless of course your goal is making sure John Ramsey is never prosecuted for anything--then the DA's office has made incredible progress.

16. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, that IS the goal. As the soccer announcer says...

"GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!"

17. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Great, you've pinpointed it.

18. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

19. tylin

tylin Banned

May he rest in peace.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice