The Scarf Fetish

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Amber, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Amber

Amber Member

I've just got to the part in PMPT where PR gives Santa a scarf and says your one of the family now.

Is this like a mafia ritual I don't know about?

John put a new scarf around JBR in the coffin...are there any more Ramsey-scarf incidents?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  2. Scarifier

Scarifier McHag The Third

There was something very weird about the scarf in the coffin IMHO. All the other items placed in the coffin meant something to either JBR or to the giver. The scarf was brand new so had no emotional meaning and no thought behind it. This speaks volumes about John, of course, but if your daughter had died, isn't it bizarre behaviour to go to the store and buy a gift to bury her with instead of putting something in the coffin that meant something to you both?

3. heymom

heymom Member

It's totally and completely weird, and I think it's yet another clue that JR didn't mean to give out. Almost as if he wanted to send her out with something meaningful TO HIM, not her. It's not that scarf in particular but scarves may have played a role in his relationship with her. Some secret they both shared, perhaps. Really creepy and strange.

Heymom

4. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Indeed. The scarf had no deep meaning to John in any way that was obvious to the rest of his family, and certainly had no meaning at all to JonBenet. It was the equivalent of a pair of ordinary socks as a Christmas present; a token gift meant to make the giver look like they care, but not an actual gift of any value to anyone.

I still think one of the most betraying of items left with JonBenet were the two pageant crowns she was buried with. I dare to say that there is not a single other child who has been buried with a pageant crown, yet JonBenet was buried with two of them! And this for a child who her parents say had only (according to them) minimal involvement with the pageants, just enough to be fun but not enough to take seriously.

It would be interesting to ascertain whether the prongs on the crown which belonged to JonBenet (and not the bucket crown that she never earned but was donated to her coffin by Kristine Griffin) were spaced far enough apart to account for the supposed "stun gun" marks. If JonBenet was being assaulted in her bedroom such that she was pushed into or scratched by nearby crown prongs, the skin of those scratches would decay faster after death and cause the darker coloration that we can see in the autopsy photos.

5. Elle

Elle Member

I also think it strange the Ramseys put 25 December, 1996, on her stone as the date of JonBenét's death. Because they knew this was the correct date she died, themselves (?). Because it was going against their religion to have the wrong date of death on her stone (?).

6. heymom

heymom Member

Or maybe just because Patsy wanted to have Christmas forever be a drama, since that is the day her precious twin little girl died.

Funny how they could like about so many other things but they were certain to put that date on the headstone...I wonder how that fit into their intruder-did-it plan?

Heymom

7. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Interesting thought, there.

If the Ramseys believed that the intruder targeted them on Christmas Day because it meant so much to the family, why not put it on JonBenet's headstone that she died on December 26th, thus conveying a date that is likely more accurate, fits in with when the family "found" her body, and denying her killer the satisfaction of essentially winning in making the Ramseys and the world associate JonBenet's murder with Christmas Day itself? The Ramseys had the power to deny that association, and instead they acted like the killer themselves, making sure JonBenet died on Christmas rather than the lesser Day After Christmas.

If JonBenet had died on December 22nd or 23rd, or December 27th or 28th, would they have put Christmas Day on her headstone anyway for the same reasons they already gave? There is a question it would be interesting to ask John Ramsey.

8. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Ohhhhhhh, please don't make me pull out that dark comedy book and quote John Ramsey saying that he picked that date for JonBenet's headstone because he didn't want the WORLD to ever forget what IT did to their daughter on the day of joy and peace, Christmas Day.

Don't you worry, John Ramsey (said in my best Patsy tone), there IS still a small group left in this WORLD that can't forget what DID happen to your daughter - JonBenet.

Pinky Promise.
    RR

9. JoeJame

JoeJame member

Does anyone have any idea whatsoever about the signifigance of the scarf? Someone on another forum posted that SBTC meant scarf, bracelet, tiara and cross......if that be so,,,then it was premeditated. Is that possible? anyone? Could it be a religious fanatic gone wrong? Just asking? It is so peculiar in all other aspects.

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

And don't get ME started on the linguistics of that statement!

What the WORLD did, indeed. The world did nothing. As if everyone else but the Ramseys were guilty of JonBenet's death.

If John truly believed some nefarious intruder came in and murdered his daughter, he wouldn't have made such an idiotic statement. He would have blamed the individual ... not "the world." If John were being truthful, he would have said something like ... "I'll never forget what that SOB did."

In fact, John would have framed his statement in first person ... "I'll never forget." Why was he trying to blame and punish "the world" when one person supposedly took JonBenet away from him? Once again, John is trying to cast suspicion on everyone else ("the world") but himself and his family. It's classic avoidance/transference linguistics, and it makes me sick every time I hear it because I know EXACTLY what he's trying to do with his words. He's trying to blame US for his own, and his family's, sins. I won't get on that cross, John Ramsey. Go preach to yourself, you sanctimonious bag of crap.

11. Elle

Elle Member

I read this in "Death of Innocence" that John Ramsey stated they put the 25 December on the stone to remind everyone they lost their daughter at Christmas. I just thought it was strange, because it was never confirmed that JonBenét died on Christmas day. I'll try and confirm this later. It's now 11:21 pm here. Don't feel like researching right now. Will try and confirm this tomorrow.

12. tylin

tylin Banned

AMEN SISTA!
    :bow: :yay: :gavel: :verdict:

13. MlazyV

MlazyV Banned for Stupidity

It could be John Ramsey has some sort of sexual penchant or perversion for the neck area of the female body.

14. Amber

Amber Member

Wasn't there something about a lot of scarves being given out to all the men at a Ramsey party?

15. MlazyV

MlazyV Banned for Stupidity

The Ramseys gave out winter wool type scarves as a generic type gift to male friends and associates. I think it was just one of these given to Santa.

16. heymom

heymom Member

I don't know but it's weird - I've never given a scarf to anyone in my life. If one of my kids had been murdered, I sure wouldn't think of buying a scarf and putting it into the coffin! I mean, that is W-E-I-R-D. To me, it's some sort of meaning he is still trying to send, even though JonBenet is dead. Either that, or he is so totally clueless about what it means to even be human that he has no emotions whatsoever.

As for THE WORLD being reminded what IT did to JonBenet, he is only saying that he wants the world to remember that "we" crucified him and did not find JonBenet's killer. Especially rich considering he knows what happened and is blaming "us" for not catching the murderer.

17. Elle

Elle Member

RiverRat,

I have pulled my book out this morning, and gone through BJ's Death of Innocence Index and looking up gravestone etc. didn't bring up this statement I'm looking for, but thank you for confirming what I posted, that John Ramsey did say words to the effect that he wanted everyone to know his daughter died at Christmas. I often remember the exact page, but I'm slipping this morning. :-(

18. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

You know that it was my Pleasure!

Since John Ramsey insists that the World killed his daughter - JonBenet - it does help explain his incessant need to blame everyone in the world except for the three people that had his daughter within arms reach.

19. Elle

Elle Member

While searching for this information, I have some information from my friend Little relating to the grave site. If she comes across the information about John's statement, she'll send it to me. She is a fantastic friend to do this.

20. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you RiverRat, and a big thank you for all your wonderful posts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice