JBs medical records

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Terralee, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Terralee

Terralee FFJ Senior Member

Dr. Beuf had seen BJ many times in her short life, after her death he stated that he found no evidence of molestation, of course he wouldnt have found any physical evidence since a child that young wouldnt have been examined internally. My question is this-- if Dr.Beuf was so sure JB wasnt molested then why did he place her medical records in a safety deposit box? why would he think to do this? if he suspected JB had indeed been molested and didnt report it then he would have known that his medical licence would have been in jeopardy. I may not have all my facts straight here,and cant give a source for this, even though I did go thru my books, so I apologize if Im on the wrong track. thanx

2. heymom

heymom Member

I believe that the medical records would be a "smoking gun," and would point to a record of abuse or molestation. I think the Dr. did know something was going on, but as with everyone who came into contact with the Ramseys, he was afraid to speak against them. If he suspected abuse and did not report it, he will be liable for criminal charges himself. Evidence in this case simply disappears - all the items that were taken from the house by Pam Paugh and the doctor's records would have solved the case, and that is why they had to go away.

3. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Even if there was no "smoking gun" per se, regarding sexual abuse, I believe that her medical records would reveal other things that might be at the very least, distasteful and humiliating for the family

I always wondered if, there were visits for reactions to hair dye, or cosmetics, or other "injuries/conditions" connected to having her look her very very best for the pageants. I also wondered if there were visits relating to the "frequency" of her visits for urinary issues or possible reactions to having slept in urine or feces; not necessarily smoking guns for sexual abuse but certainly for poor hygienic care by her ever doting family (cough, cough)

Dr. Beuf/oon may also have notes in her file that include comments made by Patsy as to how some of the medical issues came about, including normal, everyday injuries (of course, my mind goes to injuries possibly received, even innocently by her brother). There may also be notes in her file including comments made by JBR herself that might not look good for the family. :x

I would be curious to see JBR's dental records. I believe (memory not so sharp) that Patsy had some dental work (or wanted to) done to make JonBenet look better for the pageants as well.

Lots of suspicion, NO answers :rage:

4. wombat

wombat Member

:floor: :floor: :floor:

5. heymom

heymom Member

Dr. B must have had at least suspicions as to what was happening in the Ramsey household, else why hide the records? He should have been charged with obstructing justice. I hope he didn't hear JonBenet say something about molestation and choose to ignore it, because that would put him right up on the same level as Lou Smit...well, actually higher, because if Patsy or JonBenet said something, and Dr. Beef ignored it, then he is responsible for her death, because he could have prevented it by intervening. But the lawyers got to him, or the hit team, or the DA's office goons. I'm telling you, I thought the Denver mafia wasn't in existence at the time, but I wonder...

Heymom

6. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Maybe it's just me, but I have a difficult time believing that Dr. Beuf/oon KNEW there was abuse, and CHOSE to ignore it, but maybe in HINDSIGHT reviewed the record and picked up on signs that he SHOULD HAVE investigated further and didn't, just being pre disposed to think that it COULDN'T be true in such a nice, upstanding family; taking Patsy at her word for the explanations i.e. bubble bath, etc.

After the fact, he may have realized that he would be in deep, deep chit if the records were reviewed by another doctor who would question some of the ailments further than Dr. Beuf did.

Just guessing and speculating

The "mafia" is headquartered at Haddon's office IMO

7. heymom

heymom Member

That's the more likely scenario, yes. If he had ANY suspicions that there had been abuse, I would like to believe he would report it. First, do no harm, and that whole ethical thing.

I wonder if there is any connection from to the old Denver mafia (there really was a mob in Denver). Maybe he represented them? It would be interesting to sleuth that out. The "family" name was Smaldone. The older generation is mostly dead now, but where the children are is the question.

8. INSIGHT

INSIGHT Banned - TOS Violation

Heard many things on this one

I read that JBR's Privates were twice the size of a normal 6 year old. I don't know I fi can find it again, but will try if it really needs to be here. If that were true, I would believe it would be adult related.
    On the other hand I have read that is was Juvie activity, which sugests child, not a later teenager of, lets say 17.
    The doctor was obligated to report ANY findings to athorities. That his his job if he confirms and finds trama caused by another. Maybe the family explained it to be juvie and pleaded with the doctor not to say anything, as I do not know, maybe a Juvie can't be held responsible anyway, so it was just covered up. The doctor may have stated it needs to be corrected before the next visit. Maybe it was as she went like over 30 times to the dr's. Only the doctor would know for sure, prior to death. I know that Paint brush was there to try and COVER up previous and possible "That night" intrusion.

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I'll agree with that until something better comes along.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice