Case Myths

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

There are many. It would be great to put them on one thread.

I'd like to start by asking about one that jameson says is a "BORG myth".

She quotes this part of the CNN interview as "proof" that the Ramseys were NOT first to bring up Susan Smith.

and she says:-

http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID35/93.html

Now, I've not seen that entire interview on video, but it reads to me as though there is an initial exchange between "Natalie" (anchor?) and Koebel and that they are dicussing a pre-recorded interview with the Ramseys which is about to follow. When Koebel refers to Susan Smith, it seems to me that he is still talking to Natalie ABOUT the Ramsey interview and that the Ramsey interview doesn't actually start until Koebel says "You were asked shortly thereafter..."

In what I am interpreting as the actual interview, I see only Patsy referring to Susan Smith. I think Koebel's mention of Susan Smith was made in REFERENCE to Patsy's comment.

So is this a Borg Myth or an RST myth?

ETA the URL to the quote.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  2. Jayelles

A big myth is jameson's claim that Michael Kane tried to destroy evidence of an intruder. That is such a lie. When Lou Smit left the investigation, he took with him copies of photos and lab reports and he did so in breach of his contract. Kane went to court in an effort to have these COPIES destroyed. (If you read the document carefully, this is abundantly clear).

It is frankly ludicrous that any investigator would go to court to ask for evidence to be destroyed, but there were those who blindly accepted jameson's lie.

3. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

obvious to anyone with a brain

it is obvious from reading the transcript in the first post that Koebel is saying that the Ramsey's know about Susan Smith. How does the interviewer know at this point in the show? He had to be commenting on a prerecorded interview to follow. :yes:

4. Jayelles

Yes, that's what I mean. When he refers to Susan Smith, he is talking about the Ramseys in the third person, but then he switches to second person. Not having seen this interview, it's hard to envisage the actual scene, but it seems to me that the start of the interview clip with the Ramseys should commence with "You were asked shortly thereafter for hair samples".

5. Jayelles

Answer

I found the answer on CNN's website. jameson had omitted a few crucial points from her transcript.

From the OFFICIAL transcript:-

Earlier in the interview, which can be found here:-

http://www.cnn.com/US/9701/11/slain.girl.update/transcript.html

Patsy raised the matter of Susan Smith. When Cabell (not Keobel) mentioned it, he was RECAPPING what Patsy had said.

So we now have the facts. This is not a "BORG MYth", it is a jameson lie.

6. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Just one of many Jameson lies. However, Jameson's posters will not question or research; and that is what she counts on. If she said it, it must be true

That's what happens when groupthink takes over

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Bravo, Jay!!!

8. INSIGHT

INSIGHT Banned - TOS Violation

Yep!

Second that!

9. tylin

tylin Banned

The biggest myth I've heard about the case...that there was an intruder. :banghead: :stupid1:

Another myth--actually a 2fer. The myth that there was no enhanced tape with Patsy's HELP ME JESUS phrase and the myth that no other voices were on the tape. It's a myth because I heard the enhanced tape--- on tv--- believe it or not.

10. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Excellent find Jayelles!

11. Skigwy

Skigwy Member

12. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

possibly amongst the largest of myths is that anything remotely akin to justice exists in Boulder Colorado !!

13. heymom

heymom Member

OOOOH, love your new avatar, Kanga!!!! And your contribution is so true, unfortunately.

Another myth is that there is actually a real Journalism department at the University of Colorado Boulder.

Heymom

14. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Is anyone really shocked?

15. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

Another great Myth ....is that all people are born equal.....for surely as you look around , and especially in the context of those participating in any or supposedly intelligent discussion on this case that it's manifestly obvious that there are some seriously dumb and idiotic people around !!!

16. Elle

Elle Member

17. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I once told my son this about that:

All people may be created equal, but they don't all end up that way.

18. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Another Jameson/Ramsey myth.

Fleet White was the one who told the Ramseys to go on CNN. LOL. Just the opposite is true as we know.

Supposedly this happened after the funeral in Atlanta.

The Ramseys take what they have done and put the blame on other people. This is a perfect example.

19. MlazyV

MlazyV Banned for Stupidity

Myth Alert

Here's another myth... The nightgown found with JonBenet's body wasn't for a child. It was a synthetic plastic fabric, a garment made to fit a large 36" Barbie, aka 'My Size Barbie'. In the US there are explicit strict laws governing children's sleepwear that has saved many children's lives. They have to meet flame retardant standards that do not apply to doll clothing and as such are easily discernable by touch and sight.

LOU SMIT: I would like to
    17 show you photograph number 145, and this
    18 is a photograph of the wine cellar and it
    19 was taken at after the body was found.
    20 But John, I would like you just to take
    21 look at this, and again difficult
    22 photograph, but tell us what you see.
    23 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, that's looking
    24 in the room from the door, I see the blanket
    25 that looks like the one that was around her.
    1 There is a pink something, pink -- I think
    2 that's the nightgown or.
    3 LOU SMIT: That's what I was
    4 going to inquire about. It is a
    5 nightgown, it is a pink one, it is a
    6 Barbie nightgown?
    7 JOHN RAMSEY: It looks like
    8 it's a shinier material than I remember.
    9 (INAUDIBLE). That looks more like what I
    10 kind of remember was on the Barbie doll
    11 itself.
    12 LOU SMIT: That one does?
    13 JOHN RAMSEY: Right. If I had to
    14 speculate, that looks too shiny, the material,
    15 but it seems to me I remember that Barbie doll
    16 had a shiny pink nightgown thing on it.

The importance of this information relates to the significance of JonBenet's dolls as valid evidence in the unsolved crime of her death... relates to a conspiracy by the Boulder DA to cover up her death in allowing Pam Paugh to remove any dolls from the crime scene. It wasn't just American Girl dolls used in the staging. As if at some time Patsy dragged the life size Barbie to the basment and perhaps had JonBenet dressed up to match or posed in some absurd fashion.

With the staging you have to consider what occured as sort of theatrical play complete with a director, actors, rehersals, scriots, re-writes, props...

20. wombat

wombat Member

Or, the nightgown could have been just stuck to the blanket with winter static electricity, and when the blanket was pulled from the dryer or bed no one noticed it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice