Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions

If I'm not mistaken, this is mentioned in the Vanity Fair article from 1997...but I don't remember if the author personally talked to Dr. Meyer's or not. http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/09161997vanityfair.htm
    Hope this helps. Oh and one more place we can check--wasn't this mentioned during the Ram's Atlanta depositions? I'll have to dig around and see if I saved those on my computer. (Although I bet the depositions are here at FFJ somewhere.)

Quote Originally Posted by Greenleaf
    Thank you for posting this, GL. My comments are on the correct thread.
    As per usual - excellent.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

A poster on WS wrote that in an interview with Lisa Levitt Ryckman of the Denver Rocky Mountain News in March of 2000 John Ramsey himself said about the intruder "He is a pedophile with a preference for little girls. He is a sociopath experienced with autoerotic asphyxiation, the use of garrotes to enhance sex".

Was it John Ramsey or Cyril Wecht who first brought up the (idiotic imo) EA theory?

My paperback copy of Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey has a copyright date of 1998 in it.

Here's the entry at amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Killed-Jonbene...e=UTF8&s=books

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase
    My paperback copy of Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey has a copyright date of 1998 in it.

Here's the entry at amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Killed-Jonbene...e=UTF8&s=books
    Thanks KK. So John Ramsey obviously picked this up from Cyril Wecht.
    I haven't read Wecht's book, but vaguely recall from forum posts that he thinks John Ramsey killed JB in some kinky sex game.
    So Wecht does not recognize the 'garrote' contraption as being part of a staged scene? (correct me if I'm wrong).

Originally posted by rashomon
    So Wecht does not recognize the 'garrote' contraption as being part of a staged scene?
    http://www.joshua-7.com/jonbenet/03_23_99.htm

(snip)

March 23, 1999:
    Examiner: JonBenet Died in Ritual Murder

World-famous coroner's shocking charge - Dad Killed JonBenet in Perverse Sex Ritual - '...tightening the cord around her neck as he sexually abused her' -- Dr. Cyril Wecht

BOULDER, Colo. --John Ramsey killed his own daughter during a twisted, incestuous ritual that spun horribly out of control, says world-famous coroner Dr. Cyril Wecht.

Drawing on decades of experience as a forensic detective and a complete analysis of the autopsy findings, Wecht dramatically reveals his grisly theory of the little girl's last terrifying moments to The EXAMINER.

"JonBenet's killer took her to the basement where he proceeded to perform a perverse, ritualistic game, strangling her with a garrote, tightening the cord around her neck as he sexually abused her," says Wecht, famed coroner for Allegheny County, including Pittsburgh, Pa.

"She probably passed out, losing consciousness from the overwhelming pain and asphyxiation.

"I can't tell you how many times, but I'm convinced this sexual abuse happened before."

Wecht says the physical evidence to support his conclusion is clear--the swelling of JonBenet's windpipe, the bleeding that occurred in her heart and lungs and her "chronic" vaginal inflammation, indicating this wasn't the child's first sexual encounter.

"The vicarious thrill that is obtained from that kind of game is much more likely to be associated with a man than a woman," says the expert and author of the book Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey (Onyx).

"In other words, from a physiological and psychological standpoint, there really is no basis to suspect a female to have done this heinous crime.

"This leads me to believe the only adult male in the house--John Ramsey--killed his own daughter."

To take the focus away from the savage sex ritual, Wecht argue, the father/killer may have brutally bashed in the tiny beauty's skull to make police believe it was an intruder.

"Afterward," explains Wecht, "Patsy Ramsey aided and abetted her husband by penning the phony ransom note."

It has been theorized that the deep indentation of the ligature around JB's neck was caused by post-mortem swelling.

But a poster on another forum wrote that so-called post-mortem "swelling" which is actually the formation of gases in the body doesn't usually start until 36-72 hours after death, unless the body was riddled with infection or found somewhere unusually hot such as in a desert.

Is this poster right?

rashomon,

That was quite a statement for Dr. Cyril Wecht to have made, accusing John Ramsey, but before he said it, did he himself examine the actual garrote, to see if it was properly constructed? According to Delmar England it was not. I wonder if Dr. Wecht was ever asked this question (?).
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    rashomon,

That was quite a statement for Dr. Cyril Wecht to have made, accusing John Ramsey, but before he said it, did he himself examine the actual garrote, to see if it was properly constructed? According to Delmar England it was not. I wonder if Dr. Wecht was ever asked this question (?).
    It is a pity that Wecht was never asked this question. Just like Lou Smit, he swallowed a staged crime scene hook, line and sinker. Only that Wecht thought John Ramsey was the perp, and not an intruder.
    Wecht's theory also completely contradicts the forensic fiber evidence found at the crime scene, for it was fibers from Patsy's clothing which were found in the wrappings of the garrote handle, in the paint tray which contained the broken paintbrush and on the duct tape which covered the dead child's mouth. Wecht should have been asked if John Ramsey was wearing Patsy's jacket when 'garrotin'g JB ...

The furrow on JB's neck was perfectly circumferential, another indicator that the ligature was tied on an inert and unresisting body. Does Wecht think JB would have kept still and not tried to claw at a cord which was pulled tightly around her neck? For the ligatures around her wrists did not restrain.There was a fifteen-inch space of cord between the two ligatures, which would have have enabled JB to move her hands.

Aside from that, I just can't see John Ramsey strangling JB and sadistically jabbing a paintbrush into her vagina. I believe the vaginal injury was inflicted for staging purposes.

Aside from that, I just can't see John Ramsey strangling JB and sadistically jabbing a paintbrush into her vagina. I believe the vaginal injury was inflicted for staging purposes
    The FBI agrees with that, rash:
    The sexual violation of JonBenet, whether pre or postmortem did not appear to have been committed for the perpetrators gratification. The penetration, which caused minor genital trauma, was more likely part of a staged crime scene intended to mislead the police." (PMPT pg 306
    They should all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Then please explain to me the chronic erosion of the baby girl's hymen!
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Default good point RR

The recent damage was staging alright - it was staging to hide the previous damage to the little one's hymen. The crime was actually over-staged. Perps who kidnap for money don't usually also commit the crime because they are pedophiles. So the reasoning for poking her with a paint brush handle as staging only really makes sense if it was to hide some previous activity. Since she had probably been previously violated with a finger they had to use something that would leave new damage, maybe something more pointed, like a paint brush handle.
    Oh well-preaching to the choir again. :balloon: