Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat
    Then please explain to me the chronic erosion of the baby girl's hymen!
    I wouldn't put it past John Ramsey to have been JB's chronic abuser, only that I can't see him sadistically jabbing a paintbrush into her vagina while the child was alive and conscious. But maybe it was he who suggested to Patsy that they stage it as a sex crime because he knew the autopsy would reveal the sign of chronic abuse on JB?

But one thing does not really mesh with the sex crime staging imo: why did the Ramseys, if they wanted to stage it as a sexual predator scene, then put on underwear and longjohns on JB which actaully hid the acute vaginal injury again?

Default redressed

I think they redressed her because they couldn't take leaving her undressed. It is another indicator of staging by someone who loved her-not a strange intruder.

Another indication that the stagers of the crime scene loved JonBenet could be that they didn't remove her body from the house and hide/bury/dump it somewhere. The note ("At this time we have your daughter in our posession"...etc.) appears to me to have been written with removing the body in mind.

But why would they have left the body and the note?

No note = No "evidence" of an intruder.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan
    I think they redressed her because they couldn't take leaving her undressed. It is another indicator of staging by someone who loved her-not a strange intruder.
    This is what I think happened too, Texan. I also think they couldn't drive her far away from the house and leave her out in the cold, which also indicates to me it was someone who loved her.

Many of us have thought the broken paint brush shaft was inserted after death, not when she was alive, but part of the staging.

Punisher:
    The FBI agrees with that, rash:
    Quote:

The sexual violation of JonBenet, whether pre or postmortem did not appear to have been committed for the perpetrators gratification. The penetration, which caused minor genital trauma, was more likely part of a staged crime scene intended to mislead the police." (PMPT pg 306
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

[Texan]I think they redressed her because they couldn't take leaving her undressed. It is another indicator of staging by someone who loved her-not a strange intruder.
    This would indeed explain it, Texan. It would also explain that the acute vaginal injury was only small, not at all like what a real sexual predator would have done to his victim. Just think of the horrific injuries perps like e. g. Ted Bundy inflicted in comparison.
    I believe that the parent, when starting to stage the sexual assault scene, just could not bring herself (I believe it was Patsy - see the fiber evidence) to proceed to further violaton with the paintbrush, and stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    This is what I think happened too, Texan. I also think they couldn't drive her far away from the house and leave her out in the cold, which also indicates to me it was someone who loved her.
    The 'proper burial' mentioned in the ransom note points the Ramseys' direction here too ...
    It is possible that in their first panic, they briefly considered putting JB's body somewhere outside, but then decided aganst it both for fear of being seen and because they couldn't bear to dump their child out there. Who knows when JB would be found ...
    Many of us have thought the broken paint brush shaft was inserted after death, not when she was alive, but part of the staging.
    The only issue here is that the wound bled, and therefore wouldn't the parent who inflicted the acute injury have realized that JB was still alive?
    But then, how 'forensically aware' were the Ramseys in their confused panic when frantically staging the scene? They may have seen the blood but not realized its implication.
    It is also possible that they simply did not know that dead persons normally don't bleed anymore.
    Last edited by rashomon; March 17, 2007, 1:27 am at Sat Mar 17 1:27:31 UTC 2007.

I believe they would have removed her body from the house if they thought they could have done it without being seen. I do wonder if the blanket she was wrapped in was for that purpose, but then they were afraid to be seen taking something from the house in the middle of the night.

John was reading MindHunter, right? So he was up to his eyeballs in crime staging.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    John was reading MindHunter, right? So he was up to his eyeballs in crime staging.
    This convinces me even more that John (for whatever reason) let Patsy run this staging show from start to finish. For if he actually knew quite a bit about crime staging, he would have done a better job, and not for example have written a three-page rambling ransom note.

rashomon:The only issue here is that the wound bled, and therefore wouldn't the parent who inflicted the acute injury have realized that JB was still alive? But then, how 'forensically aware' were the Ramseys in their confused panic when frantically staging the scene? They may have seen the blood but not realized its implication. It is also possible that they simply did not know that dead persons normally don't bleed anymore.
    rashomon,

It's also possible the Ramseys (Patsy/John ?) were in a frantic hurry to complete the staging, and my guess is the large size 12 panties were grabbed quickly and put on under the longjohns without even seeing the blood. I feel it's also possible with the wound being internal, from the ragged shaft end of the brush, the blood may have been slow in moving, since JonBenétwas probably lying flat.
    Just my opinion.

Default well

The panties were put on her before she died or there would not be any urine on them.
    The panties couldn't be part of staging, after the fact, unless they thought she was already dead. Which has always made me think she was hit on the head, they thought she was dead and started the staging and then during the garroting part of the staging would have to know she wasn't dead yet.
    Last edited by Texan; March 17, 2007, 10:26 am at Sat Mar 17 10:26:01 UTC 2007. Reason: to add something

Quote Originally Posted by Texan
    The panties were put on her before she died or there would not be any urine on them.
    My feeling is that whoever left her there in the basement did know she wasn't dead yet, but was dying or would eventually die from her injuries. He or she or both may have gone back to check and make sure, but I don't think the death was assumed before leaving JonBenet in the basement, thus the blanket in case she would feel cold before dying.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    My feeling is that whoever left her there in the basement did know she wasn't dead yet, but was dying or would eventually die from her injuries. He or she or both may have gone back to check and make sure, but I don't think the death was assumed before leaving JonBenet in the basement, thus the blanket in case she would feel cold before dying.
    Now there's a sickening thought hm. Did they stay there until she was dead, for sure(?). Isn't it also possible JonBenét could have died upstairs and then taken to the basement to make it look like a crime by an intruder?

The fact the Ramseys couldn't handle her body being left out in the cold, tells me they couldn't have walked away from her in that crummy basement to die all alone(?).
    Just my opinion.

The fact that someone in that house stuck a broken-off paintbrush up her vagina makes me think that they could have left her just about anywhere. I never saw an honest tear from the Ramseys from that day to this. How does any human being cope with what they did and not cry? Because neither of them is fully human.