Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    Now there's a sickening thought hm. Did they stay there until she was dead, for sure(?). Isn't it also possible JonBenét could have died upstairs and then taken to the basement to make it look like a crime by an intruder?

The fact the Ramseys couldn't handle her body being left out in the cold, tells me they couldn't have walked away from her in that crummy basement to die all alone(?).
    Oh, and if she was dead upstairs and carried downstairs to hide and re-dress, then her underwear and long-johns wouldn't have been wet, she would have already released her bladder contents. I think she did die in the basement, either in the room her body was found in or just outside that room, where the paint caddy was found.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Then please explain to me the chronic erosion of the baby girl's hymen!
    The feds were referring to the acute injury from that night, RR, not the chronic stuff.
    They should all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night.

Default Legal question

The issue about lawyers being bound by strict rules (other than the police) when it comes to lying has been discussed here before, but a poster on another forum, quoting the Colorado Rules of Professional Conduct argued that since these rules are only about lawyer representing a client, it says nothing about a lawyer representing the United States, like Levin who confronted John Ramsey with the fiber evidence.

the Colorado Rules of Professional Conduct state: Rule 4.1 Truthfulness in Statements to Others "In the course of representing a client a lawyer shall not knowingly: a) make a false or misleading statement of fact or law to a third person; or(b) fail to disclose a material fact to a third person when disclosure is necessary to avoid assisting a criminal or fraudulent act by a client, unless disclosure is prohibited by Rule 1.6.
    Levin doesn't represent a client, therefore he might not be bound by this obligation - so this poster's argumentation.

But I can't imagine lawyers, acting after all "on behalf of the United States" not being bound by strict rules too when it comes to lying to a suspect.

Do you think the rules of professional conduct applied to Levin too although he did not represent a client?That's how I understand it too. So Levin would be bound by the same rules as a lawyer representing a client.
    For it would be a gross injustice if a defense lawyer would be bound by rules of professional conduct, but the lawyer acting '"on behalf of the United States" (=the people) would not be bound by such rules too.
    Last edited by rashomon; May 7, 2007, 12:40 pm at Mon May 7 12:40:08 UTC 2007. Reason: typo

Of course the rules apply to Levin while inside a courtroom.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Of course the rules apply to Levin while inside a courtroom.
    You mean in a courtroom at trial?

Under which conditions was the interview with John Ramsey conducted?

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    You mean in a courtroom at trial?

Under which conditions was the interview with John Ramsey conducted?
    Oh, I was thinking it was something else!! There was no trial!!! Ha ha ha. If not in a legal setting, then I am not sure he is bound by those rules. Don't know for sure, so I'd better hush my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Oh, I was thinking it was something else!! There was no trial!!! Ha ha ha. If not in a legal setting, then I am not sure he is bound by those rules. Don't know for sure, so I'd better hush my mouth.
    The whole interview process was stupid ... should have been done from the get go ... The DA didn't stand a chance since he have ALL the evidence to the Ramseys before hand ...

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJustice
    The whole interview process was stupid ... should have been done from the get go ... The DA didn't stand a chance since he have ALL the evidence to the Ramseys before hand ...
    Why was the interview process stupid? These interviews are not meant to discuss in detail every piece of forensic evidence with the supect, but to confront him with it and see if he can offer an explanation. John Ramsey went through the roof, and imo Lin Wood quickly tried to flood Levin with a tirade about the (un)reliabiity of fiber evidence because he wanted to stop John from having to answer Levin's question.

Do you think the rules of professional conduct applied to Levin too although he did not represent a client?
    Absolutely. His clients are the people, as such.
    They should all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night.

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher
    Absolutely. His clients are the people, as such.
    That's how I understand it too. So Levin would be bound by the same rules as a lawyer representing a client.
    For it would be a gross injustice if a defense lawyer would be bound by rules of professional conduct, but the lawyer acting '"on behalf of the United States" (=the people) would not be bound by such rules too.

Imagine the stain of honor that would cause, rash.

Default Fiber fabrication?

I looked up page 72 in judge Carnes' 2003 report where it says.
    Discovery of cord fibers, used to tie JonBenet's hands, in the latter's bedroom arguably undermines plaintiff's sequence of events.
    I know that Carnes only got her 'info' from the biased Ramsey lawyers and from Chris Wolf's lawyer and has not studied the case file.
    But some posters on the CL forum claim that fibers from the ligature were in fact found in JonBenet's bedroom. I suppose they confuse it with the rope which was found in (I think) JAR's bedroom. But this rope did not match the ligature.
    Is there any substance to the claim that cord fibers consistent with the ligature were found in JonBenet's bedroom?