Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions

Quote Originally Posted by AMES
    And in Patsy's interview...she states that John is NOT an avid golfer, and that she cannot even remember the last time that he played. SO WHY would he need his golf clubs? Number 1...his daughter had just been murdered his her own house, and golfing should be the absolute LAST thing on his mind. Number 2....he wasn't an avid golfer, he played so infrequently that his own wife couldn't even remember the last time that he used them. Number 3....why did he have to have that particular set? He was a millionaire...why couldn't he have went out and bought more clubs. I mean, geez....Pammy had ENOUGH to get without worrying about those stupid golf clubs.
    "Pam, look....I know that you are going into the house to get funeral clothes, dolls, stuffed animals, baby teeth, passports, and goodness knows what else is on the list that Patsy gave you....BUT...could you grab my golf clubs for me while you are at it???
    Some of us wonder if one of the clubs wasn't the murder weapon...that would make sense to get them out of the house and out of the police's hands in that case. I just can't imagine any other reason, unless some of the staging materials were stashed in the golf bag after the staging. It's one or the other. After your child had been murdered, why would you ever even think about playing golf??? Unless you are a cold b*stard who really doesn't feel love for anyone or anything, which John Ramsey could be, or, you have a reason to get that golf bag and make the evidence it contains disappear.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Some of us wonder if one of the clubs wasn't the murder weapon...that would make sense to get them out of the house and out of the police's hands in that case. I just can't imagine any other reason, unless some of the staging materials were stashed in the golf bag after the staging. It's one or the other. After your child had been murdered, why would you ever even think about playing golf??? Unless you are a cold b*stard who really doesn't feel love for anyone or anything, which John Ramsey could be, or, you have a reason to get that golf bag and make the evidence it contains disappear.
    I agree....I don't believe that a golf club was used to cause the head wound...but I do believe that the golf bag contained...IMO...the package of size 12 bloomies, the missing size 6 panties that she had orginally worn, the tape and the cord....and only God knows what else.

Quote Originally Posted by AMES
    I agree....I don't believe that a golf club was used to cause the head wound...but I do believe that the golf bag contained...IMO...the package of size 12 bloomies, the missing size 6 panties that she had orginally worn, the tape and the cord....and only God knows what else.
    A golf bag can be seen right outside the wine cellar door.
    ('Photos' section, page 3, picture Nr. 72):

http://www.realsundancekid.com/

But would the Ramseys have hidden incriminating evidence so near to where the body was found?

Default Chair blocking the train room door

Does anyone know if a police officer noticed the chair in front of the train room door too, or was this just something John Ramsey told the investigators?

In case the police officer saw it too - does there exist any picture of this chair blocking the train room door?

rashomon, I don't know if there is any record of an officer reporting finding a chair in front of the door and Officer French was down there early in the morning. He may have but I couldn't find anything about it. If John found it on his "first" search then it does make you wonder when that was in comparison to French's search. Was John in the basement even earlier in the morning than French and French didn't make mention of the chair? French did decide not to open the door to the room where he later found at that JonBenet's body was so he must have gone through the door John said was blocked by a chair.

This is from the NE book:

In a light moment, as John is shown pictures taken inside
    the Boulder home, John identifies a cigar box found in the
    wine cellar holding his Cuban cigars.

MIKE KANE: Those cigars I see are to be Cuban, you must have gotten them out of the country?
    JR: Yeah.
    MK: Where did you get them from?
    JR: I used to go to Europe two or three times a year.
    MK: SO you sneaked them back through customs?
    JT: Yeah.
    MK: I'm a former Fed.

Like Patsy, John was shown a series of crime scene
    photographs. One showed a chair blocking the door into the
    train room in the basement. To get to the broken window in the cellar someone has to go through that door. Ramsey found the chair blocking the entranceway during his first search of the

Page 314 From the files of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER

basement, moved it and then moved it back, he said. The
    information cast some doubt on the intruder theory.

LS: So you think that the chair would block the door and
    nobody would have gotten in there without moving it?
    JR: Correct.
    LS: In other words, let's say that the intruder goes
    into the train room, gets out, let's say, that window?
    JR: Uh huh.
    LS: How in effect would he get that chair to block that
    door, if that is the case, is what I'm saying?
    JR: I don't know. . . I go down, I say, "Ooh, that door is
    blocked." I move the chair and went in the room.
    LS: So you couldn't have gotten in without moving the
    chair?
    JR: Correct. . . I had to move the chair.
    LS: The thing I'm trying to figure out in my mind then
    is, if an intruder went through the door, he'd almost
    have to pull the chair behind him. . . because that
    would have been his exit. . . so that's not very logical
    as far as
    JR: I think it is. I mean if this person is that bizarrely
    clever to have not left any good evidence, but left all
    these little funny clues around, they. . . are clever
    enough to pull the chair back when they left.

Quote Originally Posted by Little
    rashomon, I don't know if there is any record of an officer reporting finding a chair in front of the door and Officer French was down there early in the morning. He may have but I couldn't find anything about it. If John found it on his "first" search then it does make you wonder when that was in comparison to French's search. Was John in the basement even earlier in the morning than French and French didn't make mention of the chair? French did decide not to open the door to the room where he later found at that JonBenet's body was so he must have gone through the door John said was blocked by a chair.

Little, when you look at the floor plan of e. g. PMPT, the wine cellar could be reached only through the Boiler room, but the chair John Ramsey mentions was in front of the train room (hobby room) door. The train room where the window was. But if officer French was in the train room too, then he would have had to remove the chair in front of it if it was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Little

Page 314 From the files of the NATIONAL ENQUIRER

Like Patsy, John was shown a series of crime scene
    photographs. One showed a chair blocking the door into the
    train room in the basement. To get to the broken
    window in the cellar someone has to go through that door.
    Ramsey found the chair blocking the entranceway during
    his first search of the basement,
    moved it and then moved it back, he said. The
    information cast some doubt on the intruder theory.

LS: So you think that the chair would block the door and
    nobody would have gotten in there without moving it?
    JR: Correct.
    LS: In other words, let's say that the intruder goes
    into the train room, gets out, let's say, that window?
    JR: Uh huh.
    LS: How in effect would he get that chair to block that
    door, if that is the case, is what I'm saying?
    JR: I don't know. . . I go down, I say, "Ooh, that door is
    blocked." I move the chair and went in the room.
    LS: So you couldn't have gotten in without moving the
    chair?
    JR: Correct. . . I had to move the chair.
    LS: The thing I'm trying to figure out in my mind then
    is, if an intruder went through the door, he'd almost
    have to pull the chair behind him. . . because that
    would have been his exit. . . so that's not very logical
    as far as
    Thanks so much for posting this excerpt, Little.

What on earth is Lou Smit talking about here?? In all floor plans of the Ramsey home on the internet as well as in PMPT, when you stand in the basement hall and look at the hoby room/train room door, it opens to the inside of the room:
    http://crimeshots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4131 (number 4 post on the thread)

So if anyone wants to put the chair in front of the door again before 'leaving' through the train room window, all he needs is to put it the chair in the hall right outside the train room door, go into the room and close the door from the inside. He would not have "to pull the chair behind him" at all - this would only have been the case if the door had opened to the outside of the room into the hall.

Says a lot about him, doesn't it?
    They should all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night.

Bizarrely clever??? Leaving "little funny clues?" John, you sound as if you think the killer of your daughter is leading police on a twisted treasure hunt. Who would describe a criminal like this as leaving "little funny clues," like a clown or jokester, or a prankster? WTF???

JR's choice of words here gives him away. He's the one who left the "little funny clues," he's the bizarrely clever intruder that he created for police.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom

Bizarrely clever??? Leaving "little funny clues?" John, you sound as if you think the killer of your daughter is leading police on a twisted treasure hunt. Who would describe a criminal like this as leaving "little funny clues," like a clown or jokester, or a prankster? WTF???

JR's choice of words here gives him away. He's the one who left the "little funny clues," he's the bizarrely clever intruder that he created for police.
    Maybe that's just what was on the top of his mind heymom since he and Patsy had been spending so much time with their prankster, funny person pal Susan Stine.

Little

Default Did Jameson edit the police interviews?

From Steve Thomas' book (1997 interview with Patsy Ramsey) (ST, p. 167/168):

The only time her compusure broke was when she was asked to describe the discovery of her daughter's body. She dissolved into weeping, and although it was touching, it was also her weakest point of the session and the time for me to press harder, to really exploit the opportunity. But just as I was about to allow an opening by suggesting, "it was an accident, wasn't it? you didn't mean for this to happen, did you?" Pat Burke and Hofstrom ruined the moment, consolingly saying, "Let's take a break. Our own DA's chief trial deputy helped destroy what in my opinion was the best opportunity of the day. By the time the interview resumed, Patsy Ramsey had gotten her wind back. I felt she knew she had dodged a bullet.
    In the interview posted on the ACR site, it says nothing about Hofstrom stepping in.
    http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/19...w-Complete.htm

IDIs claim SteveThomas lied here, twisting the facts etc.

My question: it was Jameson who sold the interviews to the National Enquirer - do you think it is possible that she edited them, omitting passages which in her opinion presented Patsy and John in an unfavorable light?

At the begining of the Patsy 1997 interview, it says:

NOTE: This version has been prepared from a transcript provided to Global Reporting & Video, Inc. on October 10, 2002. Numerous inaccuracies in spelling, punctuation and other textual errors have not been corrected.
    Who 'prepared' the version: maybe Jameson herself?

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    From Steve Thomas' book (1997 interview with Patsy Ramsey) (ST, p. 167/168):

In the interview posted on the ACR site, it says nothing about Hofstrom stepping in.
    http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/19...w-Complete.htm

IDIs claim SteveThomas lied here, twisting the facts etc.

My question: it was Jameson who sold the interviews to the National Enquirer - do you think it is possible that she edited them, omitting passages which in her opinion presented Patsy and John in an unfavorable light?
    At the begining of the Patsy 1997 interview, it says:

Who 'prepared' the version: maybe Jameson herself?
    Not unless she edited the tapes themselves because the NE had the tapes transcribed. The transcrpts at ACR's are complete. We can compare the NE book and ACR transcrpts to see what is missing.

jameson admitted recently that the NE agreed to omit the portions of the interviews which pertained to Burke. We also know that the omitted the chunk of interview about jameson where John Ramsey was less than complimentary about her. I believe jameson would have netogitated that omission too. I think she did not realise that she was not the only person to receive a copy of the tapes and did not expect the other person to transcribe them in full and give them to ACR for her site.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission