Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

CBS 42) GEORGETOWN Convicted murderer Michael Moore has been charged in a Williamson County courtroom in connection with the kidnapping and murder of Rachel Cooke, the 19-year-old Georgetown resident who disappeared four years ago.

Moore pleaded not guilty to the charges, which seemed to surprise his lawyers, who requested a 15-minute recess after Moore entered the plea.

The Williamson County District Attorney announced at a district trial Thursday morning in Georgetown that Michael Moore is the main suspect in Rachel Cooke's disappearance.

Moore was convicted of the murder and kidnapping of pregnant mother Christina Moore in February.

Cooke disappeared on Jan. 10, 2002, after having gone out jogging from her Georgetown home.

http://keyetv.com/topstories/local_story_313100626.html
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Thanks RR for keeping up with this...just spoke to JR...and it seems in the middle of the hearing the guy backed down and plead not guilty after he testified for the grand jury who indicted him...there was a plea bargain in place, and I don't know how that has been affected now that he plead NG.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Thanks, Moab. What a whirlwind the Cooke family is in the middle of right now, so I like knowing that JR is on the spot.

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Unhappy

CBS 42) GEORGETOWN Convicted murderer Michael Moore has been charged in a Williamson County courtroom in connection with the kidnapping and murder of Rachel Cooke, the 19-year-old Georgetown resident who disappeared four years ago.

Moore pleaded not guilty to the charges, which seemed to surprise his lawyers, who requested a 15-minute recess after Moore entered the plea.

The Williamson County District Attorney announced at a district trial Thursday morning in Georgetown that Michael Moore is the main suspect in Rachel Cooke's disappearance.

The indictment says prosecuters believe Moore killed Cooke by striking her with a hammer or suffocating her or some combination of the two.

Moore was convicted of the murder and kidnapping of pregnant mother Christina Moore in February. He confessed to the crime and received 30-year prison sentence. Christina Moore was murdered in her Round Rock home Sept. 23, 2003.

Cooke disappeared on Jan. 10, 2002, after having gone out jogging from her Georgetown home.

http://keyetv.com/topstories/local_story_313100626.html

Default Oh, dear...this is awful.

I am so sorry for the Cookes and all their relatives and friends. My heart goes out to them at this time.

Default This is interesting:

Woman's Role Critical in Apprehending Moore

http://keyetv.com/seenon/local_story_071135124.html

(She first reported him for parole violations.)

To understand Johnson’s critical role in solving the September 23, 2003 murder of Christina Moore, you have to go back to 2001.

That's when Bettye Johnson met Michael Moore with his stepson, Randall Johnson. Right after Randall and Bettye started dating, Bettye found out she was pregnant and Randall found himself in jail for parole violations.

She says Michael Moore later told Randall he robbed a gun store.

Bettye says she called police who never arrested him.

“My belief is if the police would've looked into it, he would've been locked up. He would have been locked up because it was a lot of guns. He would have been locked up a long time and he would've never broke into Christina Moore’s house and murdered her,” Johnson said.

My comment: and Rachel Cooke would still be alive.

OK Y'All - I am only presuming a plea bargain was on the table by what went down in the courtroom.

Michael Keith Moore was brought into the courtroom and the first thing that struck me was that this b*stard has that self same smirk as Scaught Peterson. I wanted to puke.

When the judge entered the courtroom it was announced that Mr. Moore was being charged with first degree murder and he was asked how he pleaded. He said, "not guilty." The judge seemed taken aback and asked him to repeat his plea. He again stated, "not guilty." The judge stared hard at him and his attorneys. There was then a meeting at the bench with the attorneys and the DA and then the defense attorneys sat and chatted with Mr. Moore. Finally, a recess was called for 15 minutes. After almost an hour it was announced that the case was to be postponed indefinitely and that there would be a press conference followed by a meeting for the family with the DA. We sat in the courtroom for a while then were shuttled past the media to the family room(s) and finally to the grand jury room where we were given a short briefing by the DA and asked to hang in there.

RC's words regarding the Rachel Cooke Search are, "we are not done yet."

Read the next news article and I believe you will make the same presumptions...
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Default Moore Charged With Murder Of Rachel Cooke

Moore charged with murder of Rachel Cooke

12:26 PM CST on Thursday, November 9, 2006

KVUE News

A man already serving a life sentence is now charged in the murder of Rachel Cooke.

It's been nearly five years since the 19-year-old girl disappeared while jogging near her home in Williamson County.

Her body has still not been found.

Michael Moore is serving a life sentence for the 2003 murder of Christina Moore in Round Rock. The Dell executive was pregnant at the time she was killed. The victim and killer are not related. Moore was convicted in February of 2006.

Thursday morning during a hearing before 368th District Court Judge Burt Carnes, Moore pleaded not guilty to Cooke's murder. He waived his right to indictment. Court documents say that Moore hit Cooke with a hammer and suffocated her.

According to Williamson County District Attorney John Bradley, prosecutors had expected Moore to plead guilty. During a news conference, Bradley called the developments "unexpected and disappointing."

According to prosecutors, Moore contacted authorities in August to talk about the Cooke slaying. They say he confessed things that only someone involved would have known.

Williamson County authorities worked out a plea agreement with Moore to help bring closure for the family. The deal would have added a fourth life sentence onto the three Moore is already serving. The sentence would have run concurrently.

Bradley said Moore has the right to change his mind and plead not guilty but that it was hurtful for Cooke's family. The charge of murder will stand, and it could be upgraded to capital murder. Authorities say they will work to prosecute Moore in Cooke's death.

...snip

http://www.kvue.com/news/top/stories....1df4e24f.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Default Michael Kieth Moore

I hate that smirk!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

©

Default So, the punk wants a trial.

Bring it on! No doubt he saved Rachel's jewelry, and one of his former wives/girlfriends has it in her possession, like with Christina Moore's jewelry.

This guy is the classic serial killer. He only got life in prison for taking the life of Christina Moore. In Texas?

They need to nail him for Rachel's muder, and probably several others, and hang the bastard.

Default Raw Video

Moore, Cooke Family in Court, Moore Pleads Not Guilty

http://keyetv.com/video/?cid=5

http://www.news8austin.com/shared/vi...destlist=39809

©

Default Michael Keith Moore's criminal history

Michael Keith Moore's criminal history
    11/9/2006 1:30 PM
    By: News 8 Austin Staff

Moore has a criminal history dating back to 1992:
    Nov. 28, 1992: Charged with Criminal Mischief in Williamson County, punishment deferred
    Feb. 22, 1993: Charged with Credit Card Abuse in Williamson County, released on police recognizance, 60 days in jail, 10 years probation
    Jan. 25, 1994: Charged with Aggravated Robbery in Williamson County, no sentence data available
    Dec. 4, 1998: Charged with Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon in Austin, 20 days in jail
    Nov. 27, 2001: Charged with Credit Card Abuse in Williamson County
    Dec. 19, 2001: Charged with Aggravated Robbery and Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon in Williamson County, sentence data unavailable
    Jan. 10, 2002: Rachel Cook disappears
    Jan. 17, 2002: Arrested for Credit Card Abuse in Round Rock
    Jan. 18, 2002: Charged with Theft in Williamson County
    June 24, 2002: Sentenced to 14 months in prison, date of release not known
    Sept. 23. 2003: Christina Moore is murdered in her Round Rock home
    May 13, 2004: Arrested for Unlawfully carrying a weapon in Williamson County
    July 2, 2004: Moore enters prison
    Nov. 11, 2004: Indicted for Christina Moore's murder. Charged with Aggravated Robbery, Murder and Aggravated Kidnapping in Williamson County.
    Feb. 13, 2006: Pleads guilty to murder and other charges. Sentenced to three life terms to be served consecutively.