Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Unhappy

"Investigators will not say if Cooke's body has been found. (emphasis mine)"

Emphasis made.
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat
    JR - such a person must have stood out in the community - was there any interest in him earlier in the investigation?
    Y'All know about as much as anyone at this point. Mr. Moore was arrested 7 days after Rachel disappeared if you read the reports. Then in June of that same year he was sentenced to 14 months in prison with his release date not known. Approximately 14 months later he murdered Christina Moore.

Jan. 17, 2002: Arrested for Credit Card Abuse in Round Rock

June 24, 2002: Sentenced to 14 months in prison, date of release not known

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...?t=7971&page=2

Sept. 23. 2003: Christina Moore is murdered in her Round Rock home

November 30, 2004

Grand Jury Indicts Michael Keith Moore for Round Rock Capital Murder

http://wcportals.wilco.org/District_...1-19_Moore.htm

Note: This is the second to last paragraph:

The new capital murder indictment and the other related charges are assigned to the 368th District Court. Judge Burt Carnes is expected to issue a capias for the arrest of Moore, assign a bail amount, and set the case for an initial appearance date. (emphasis mine)

Sounds like he hadn't been tried for the killing of the police officer/fireman. By all appearances in reviewing these files, this skunk is a pleader so maybe he plea bargained that charge too?

I don't know if he was looked at early on or at the time of Christina Moore's murder.
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Angry The aggravated kidnapping charge

Christina Moore Capital Murder Trial Begins

Prosecution Lays Out Its Case, Defense Seeks To Cast Doubts
    Jennie Blankenship Reporting

(CBS 42) ROUND ROCK Why Round Rock police accused Michael Moore of killing Christina Moore was revealed Wednesday in court. The capital murder trial of Michael Moore, who is not related to his alleged victim, got underway shortly after 9 a.m. in Williamson County.

Moore is charged with capital murder, aggravated robbery and aggravated kidnapping of Christina Moore and her unborn child in her home on Sept. 23, 2003. Christina Moore was three months pregnant when she was killed. (emphasis mine)

In the prosecutors opening statements they said Christina Moore’s husband, Robert, left their home in the affluent Forest Creek subdivision early that morning to attend a Bible study class at the couple’s church. After Christina Moore did not show up to work at Dell later that morning, he went to check on her.

Prosecutors said Robert Moore found the door to their home unlocked. The couple’s 15-month-old daughter was wandering inside the house, crying. Then Robert Moore made a gruesome discovery -- his wife’s bloody body, apparently stabbed by a knife or sharp object, and a handcuff hanging from her right wrist. Her wedding bands, purse, a jewelry box and money were missing. The FBI later found that a bloody footprint left at the scene was from an Ariat brand boot.

Prosecutors say Dell Employee Jill Phillips was walking down Cobra Crossing in Forest Creek the morning of the murder. It was early in the morning and still dark, but Phillips told investigators she saw a man and a Red Ford Ranger pickup near Robert and Christina Moore’s home. Phillips worked with a police forensic artist to come up with a sketch of the man.

Prosecutors’ other witness is Deborah Turner. They say Turner was jogging on Hamlet Circle near the Moore home just before 6:30 a.m. when she heard a terrible scream. It frightened Turner and she called a friend.

But according to prosecutors, Round Rock Police initially focused on Moore’s husband as a suspect. But four days later, they say, the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office received an anonymous phone call from a pay phone at a gas station along Interstate 35 that changed everything.

Prosecutors told jurors the caller was a man claiming to have found some checks belonging to Robert and Christina Moore. The caller would not tell the dispatcher his name, but claimed he would call the Round Rock Police. He never did.

In early 2004, a woman named Betty Johnson went to Round Rock Police. She told investigators her father-in-law Michael Keith Moore had checks belonging to Robert and Christina Moore. She also told investigators Michael Moore drove a Red Ford Ranger pickup truck, and that he gave his then-wife Rebecca a wedding set he claimed to have bought from a man at a day labor center.

Prosecutors claim Michael Moore’s family also found items hidden in the wall of their trailer home, including an earring like the pair Christina Moore wore on her wedding day. Johnson confirmed that the voice on the anonymous pay-phone call recorded by the WCSO sounded like Michael Moore. Prosecutors say Jill Phillips positively identified Michael Moore in a photo lineup as the man she’d seen that morning she was walking in Forest Creek.

When police arrested Michael Moore in February 2004, they say he denied ever owning handcuffs, or driving his Ford Ranger pickup the morning of Sept. 23, 2003. He denied having anything to do with the murder of Christina Moore.

Since then, the prosecution contends Michael Moore has claimed he might have intimate knowledge of who killed Christina Moore.

Michael Moore’s defense attorney then presented his opening statement.

He said the hard evidence needed to convict his client of capital murder and consider the death penalty just doesn’t exist. He continually used the phrase, “Maybe, perhaps, possibly.” Michael Moore’s defense team pointed out there was never any sign of forced entry or sexual assault. He contends there were also no fingerprints and no DNA left at the scene, which match Michael Moore.

Defense attorneys also blasted the state’s witnesses -- a woman in the area who thinks she saw someone who looks like Michael Moore and a red pickup truck, another woman who thinks she heard a scream, and a slew of jail inmates who claim Michael Moore confessed the murder to them.

Michael Moore has never confessed to investigators the murder of Christina Moore.

After nearly 13 minutes, Michael Moore’s defense attorney rested, saying the state has, “Nothing, almost nothing, probably something, or what could be something.”

Christina Moore’s mother, Janina Boel, was the first person to take the stand.

Boel had just left her daughter’s home before Moore was murdered to fly back home to California.

Boel told jurors about Christina’s childhood, growing up in California, Washington, D.C., and Washington state. She said her daughter graduated from the University of Oregon and worked for the Governor’s office in California for 8 years. But at the age of 29, Christina decided to go to the University of Michigan and get her Master's degree in Business Administration. There she met Robert Moore and the two became engaged. The couple found work as executives at Dell Computers. They moved to Round Rock less than a month after their wedding in June 2000, and built a house in Forest Creek.

Boel said she would visit her daughter and son-in-law often. She said she and Christina were very close. “She was my star,” Boel said, “She was wonderful. We’d talk all the time.”

Boel told jurors her daughter’s ultimate ambition was to get married and have children. Almost exactly two years after Robert and Christina married, their daughter was born.

Robert Moore faced his wife’s accused killer in the courtroom Wednesday. He spent most of the day giving tedious testimony to jurors. Wednesday morning he recounted phone calls and e-mails he received from Christina Moore’s coworkers on the day of his wife's murder.

Robert Moore told jurors he was in a meeting until after 10 a.m. that day before he got those messages.

This afternoon Robert Moore described and identified in photographs detailed items, such as his wife’s wedding bands, the couple’s personal checks and the earrings Christina wore on her wedding day.

Prosecutors then showed jurors photographs of every room in the Moore’s home and asked Robert about the layout of the house.

Robert Moore told defense attorneys for Michael Keith Moore that a stranger would probably not have noticed Christina was pregnant, that it was something that only he, she and a few close friends knew about.

Michael Keith Moore’s defense attorneys questioned Christina’s husband exhaustively about what items he noticed were stolen.

Robert Moore cried when he talked about how he learned the sex of his and Christina’s unborn child. Moore said he read about it in a local newspaper, which had obtained the autopsy report that was supposed to have been sealed. The unborn child was a boy, which is what the Moore's wanted.

http://keyetv.com/topstories/local_story_032123336.html

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase
    I'd like to see locations of this guy's known crimes, movements, his residences and his friends' and relatives' residences and job locations, his hangouts, schools, neighborhoods, jobs, prisons and jails he was in, all plotted out on a map with a timeline.

Any chance we'll be getting any of this detailed info released as public record?
    Not sure KK but here is one of the articles about the Christina Moore murder and it states Michael Moore lived in Florence, Tx at that time. Florence is a very small town approximately 13 miles North of Rachel's abduction point. There are two routes to get to Florence from the North Lake area. One is to take Hwy. 195 and the other is to take 2338 and go through the town of Andice then take 970. Interestingly enough, there were early reports about the Andice area. (Read RC's early journal entries.)

http://www.rachelcookesearch.org/journal.html

Indictment Issued In Moore Murder Case
    http://www.knva.com/Global/story.asp?S=2591538

©

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Found this over at Websleuths.......

A Psychic Investigation
    by Marie Saint Claire

Mystic Echoes
    An Underworld Tales Exclusive
    © 2005 Underworldtales.com

Background Information: A reader asked me to investigate the Rachel Cooke case. Here are the facts: twenty-year old Rachel Cooke, an accomplished cross-country runner, left her home in the Northlake development on FM 3405 northwest of Georgetown, Texas (north of Austin) on the morning of Thursday, January 10, 2002, to go on her usual 3-4 mile morning jog around the neighborhood. Sometime around 11 AM, near the end of her run and possibly within 200 yards of home, she disappeared.

Preliminary Thoughts: For the sake of the parents, I decided to attempt to connect to this case in hopes that I can learn something that might shed some light on the mystery. I've been to Austin, Texas and have driven past Georgetown (many years ago), and I hoped that my personal experience with the area might help me connect to the case. I've never been to the Northlake Development, where Rachel lived and if someone out there has any photos of the area, I'd love to see them. It could help me connect to the case.

My first thoughts were that the killer had probably been watching her and was familiar with her schedule and probably lived or worked along the route she ran. He waited to act until her run was nearly over, because she would be tired and easier to abduct.

I also recalled that there used to be a notorious rapist in Austin who preyed upon female joggers in the park, and I wondered if the case could be connected.

I don't believe that this was a first time crime for whoever abducted Rachel. This was an experienced criminal--possibly even a serial killer.

Psychic Connection: I'm reluctant to report my investigation on this case at this time, because my initial connection was unsatisfactory and only left me with more questions than answers. I've certainly not put the case together from what I've seen so far and will need to investigate further. But I decided to lay out what I've seen in case someone can shed some light on what any of it means.

Also Rachel did not speak to me directly. Everything I saw came in the form of images.

The first thing I saw was a blue neon light, as if from some kind of business sign, shining in the distance. This is something that only someone living in the area could possibly translate into any kind of meaning.

Another thing that I saw repeatedly was a two-story clapboard house that appeared to be Victorian. It had a gabled roof which seemed to jut out precariously, and I saw it from the back at dirt level (and at a strange angle) when I asked where Rachel was. This house scared me. I believe that Rachel was taken to and imprisoned in that house after she was abducted. I wonder if there are any old houses in the Georgetown area that could fit this description--another thing that only a resident of the area can answer. It sat on a large lot and had a desolate appearance.

Someone suggested to me that perhaps the house is not Victorian but only Victorian in style. That's a possibility, but it appeared to be an authentic Victorian from around the turn of the century.

And then I saw water as if I were swimming in the depths. Again, I asked Rachel where she is, and soon, I saw skeletal remains on the floor of this body of water. I'm not sure if this is a lake, a river, a pond, or--possibly even the bottom of a well. I did go through what looked like a dark rocky tunnel to get to this place, but the tunnel could merely represent the psychic connection. This is something that requires further investigation. I'm going to try to connect again and see if I can get a better pinpoint as to where or what this body of water is.

The water was a turquoise blue and strong rays of gold light were streaming down from above.

Again, I saw that house. It kept reappearing in my vision and each time it gave me chills. I believe she was killed there.

The connection broke, and I tried again that same night before I went to bed. And I saw Rachel sitting on the floor in a room, her back against the wall. It was as if I was in a hall and peeking through an open doorway and she was on the floor, her legs stretched out before her. I could only see her legs and the lower part of her abdomen. She wore shorts. I didn't see her face but I knew it was her. Something bothered me about the view. I believe that she was bound to something. I don't know if she was alive or dead, but she wasn't moving and there was something troubling about the way she sat there. I couldn't make out much of the room; it was too blurry, but I believe that there was a bed or a daybed on the far side against the wall. And again, I got the impression that this was an old house.

"Show me the killer," I said.

A face formed in the shadows that I couldn't make out. And then I briefly saw the fleeting image of a middle-aged man in a casket. He was dressed in a suit, dark hair, average build. Does this mean her killer is dead? I'm not sure yet. This is another thing that requires further investigation.

I asked again and again: "Show me the killer. Show me what happened." But I saw nothing else.

Here I got spooked (which broke the connection) because suddenly a terrible cold filled the room around me (this happened during one of my Natalee Holloway connections too). I sensed something was near. My dog was laying on the floor next to me and the presence spooked him too. He stood, hair standing up, and hurried to the other side of the room, where he sat and looked back toward me, moving his head back and forth as if he were trying to figure something out.

It was obvious to me that a spirit had tried to come through in physical form. This is not how I like to connect. I prefer "mind only" mode. Quite frankly, I was terrified. But after I'd calmed down a bit, I realized that my fear stemmed not only on the apparent spirit visitation but on what had happened to this beautiful young girl in that chilling house.

My fear was so great, in fact, that I had to distract myself by doing some work around the house to get my mind off of it all. I found myself in the kitchen doing some baking. Needless to say, I couldn't sleep that night.

I did attempt yet another connection later that night, however, and I saw something unexpected and wonderful that calmed my fear. I saw Rachel in spirit form. At first it was dark and then light formed from behind some clouds. An opening formed and Rachel stepped into view. She was beautiful beyond words, a long white gown flowing about her, golden rays shining from behind and around her head.

I'm happy to say that Rachel is not an earth bound spirit. She has crossed over to a more beautiful place. Often victims of terrible crimes like this will become imprisoned in this plane of existence, unable to accept their death. But Rachel has found peace.

I'd never seen something like this during a connection.

No longer afraid, I finally went to sleep.

The next morning, I immediately tried to connect again. More than anything, I'd like to know where Rachel is so that the family can have the closure they need. But this time, I was unsuccessful at learning anything new. All I saw, again, was water.

"Give me something," I said, "that can be used to pinpoint your location."

All I saw were rocks.

Deciding to try again later, I arose and noticed that there was the terrible smell of decay in the room, and I recalled how a presence had tried to materialize the night before. Suddenly I realized that the presence in the room had not been Rachel. I was scared anew. Perhaps her killer is dead. I'll try to connect again during the next few days and see if I can learn anything more.

One last thing before I close: the name Christine or Christina keeps barging into my thoughts when I try to connect to the case--perhaps another victim of this killer.

http://www.underworldtales.com/rachel.htm
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

That's interesting...and eerie. There are a few legitimate psychics. She may be one of them.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Default Crazy

This is just one of several articles published on the Internet concerning a conspiracy by the Georgetown PD and a variety of other gov. & LE agencies:

http://austin.indymedia.org/newswire...4451/index.php

JR - as for the psychic - she describes the "scary" Victorian house and seeing Rachel being kept there - remember the guy who was obsessed with Rachel and followed her to California? The one Heidi and Tricia and I gave a ride to and questioned after the search? He lived in a scary house and his mom would not let anyone search there.

I find it hard to believe that MK Moore watched her routine since she no longer lived in Round Rock and was only home for Xmas vacation. Did he work at the time? Did he have friends in the area? I'm with KK, I'd like to know a lot more about his timeline.
    "The pedigree of honey
    Does not concern the bee,
    A clover, at any time, to him,
    is aristocracy."
    Emily Dickinson.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by VP
    I find it hard to believe that MK Moore watched her routine since she no longer lived in Round Rock and was only home for Xmas vacation. Did he work at the time? Did he have friends in the area? I'm with KK, I'd like to know a lot more about his timeline.
    Not sure how to gather the info everyone wants except to stay on top of the news articles. One article I read did say he was a landscaper but who knows how Rachel caught his eye.

VP - you PM box is full.

©

Default "JR"

Am I remembering correctly that a pickup truck with two men in it was seen in the neighborhood around the time that Rachel disappeared?

I believe that Moore's relatives know more than they are letting on. Were Moore and the stepson the two seen in the truck near Rachel?

I hope somebody remembers something. Witnesses are needed badly to make this case.

I dont know where to locate the early facts of the case. Can you come up with a link?

I am so angry at what this horrible creature Michael Moore is putting the Cookes through.

The death penalty was made for human scum like him.

We had this in the archives, but I have moved it back under Rachel's forum and opened it up:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...play.php?f=205
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

Unhappy I don't have permission to read the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moab
    We had this in the archives, but I have moved it back under Rachel's forum and opened it up:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...play.php?f=205
    :(
    "The pedigree of honey
    Does not concern the bee,
    A clover, at any time, to him,
    is aristocracy."
    Emily Dickinson.

Always a whiner...sheesh...ok, let me see if I can figure out why!
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**