Rod Westmoreland/Lin Wood Sue To Find Out Real Name of Internet Poster

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Nov 9, 2006.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

NOVEMBER 9--A friend of JonBenet Ramsey's father has filed a lawsuit against an anonymous web surfer who has posted online messages claiming that the man killed the six-year-old beauty queen as well as another person. In a lawsuit filed this week in U.S. District Court in Atlanta, Rod Westmoreland alleges that someone using the handle "undrtheradar" has authored posts this year on two message boards that claim he murdered JonBenet in December 1996 and killed a pizza delivery man in a bizarre August 2003 bombing incident. Westmoreland, a 54-year-old financial consultant who is only identified by his initials in the complaint, is a friend of John Ramsey, JonBenet's father. On the morning the girl was found missing from her room and a kidnap note was discovered in the family's Colorado home, John Ramsey called Westmoreland for help in gathering ransom money. In his complaint, a copy of which you'll find below, Westmoreland contends that he has been maligned by posts on message boards hosted by Topix.net and the Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community. He intends to learn the real identity of "undrtheradar" via discovery in the case, which was filed by attorney Lin Wood, who has previously represented John Ramsey and his late wife Patsy in several libel actions.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1109061jonbenet1.html

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  2. RiverRat

Mame
    Member since 8-20-06
    11-09-06, 02:20 PM (EST)

1. "RE: Breaking News!!!"
    In response to message #0

FFJ can't be far behind...

Alert | IP Printer-friendly page | Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

one_eyed_Jack
    Member since 2-22-04
    11-09-06, 02:29 PM (EST)

2. "RE: Breaking News!!!"
    In response to message #1

Wow!!! Lin has finally decided to take on the message boards. Go Lin!

Alert | IP Printer-friendly page | Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

one_eyed_Jack
    Member since 2-22-04
    11-09-06, 02:34 PM (EST)

3. "RE: Breaking News!!!"
    In response to message #0

Oh my gosh, Tricia Griffith is named in the suit as a forum owner who hosted the libelous statements and threats of personal injury to M. Westmoreland.

3. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Countersuits anyone???????????

This might explain Jameson's sudden disclaimers about Krebs and White along with the "lost" forum

She would be foolish to think that they aren't saved by many others.

As far as this bit of news; I anxiously await word from Tricia to see if she needs help and support

4. heymom

heymom Member

I don't see Tricia mentioned except as the owner of the Websleuths forum. She's not being named in this lawsuit, as far as I can see.

A good warning to all of us that others are reading these forums and saving our messages, just as we save others' messages.

Heymom :yow:

5. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I remember those posts and I have to say that it was one of the more ridiculous theories about the case. Undertheradar got really p*ssed off because no-one was taking it seriously.

I hope Fleet White is paying attention! (And Janet McReynolds). This could open a floodgate.

6. RiverRat

Oh come on, this was supposed to scare you guys!

Tricia's fine - trust me....

7. shannon1233

shannon1233 Member

There's no doubt in my mind that Woody told Jameson this was coming and that was the reason for the "lost" forum as well as other posts and threads. As I said in my thread titled "Jammys Lost forum", I knew something was up! The phuckin rats are protecting their own, Woody, without doubt told Jameson to delete the posts.

I'm going to do a search on WS and see if and when that poster posted his supposed allegations and when, maybe it was before Tricia bought WS?

8. RiverRat

Mame
    Member since 8-20-06
    11-09-06, 02:43 PM (EST)

7. "RE: Breaking News!!!"
    In response to message #5

Hate to tell you Don, this is totally prosecutable. The forum owner, server, individual...they ALL are liable. Lin Wood would never file this suit unless he knew he could win it. TRUTH trumps all...

I wouldn't be surprised if FFJ and Websleuths both come down shortly...their ISP might not want to risk further liability

9. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Jameson can delete all she wants. There are so many who have them copied and saved.

10. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

BINGO! - The only reason Tricia's name appears in this is because Woodie's next step is to subpoena Tricia and Topix to hopefully discover the identity of "John Doe". You can't sue someone if you don't know who they are.

11. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

I have forgotten...

Who is Rod Westmoreland?

12. RiverRat

BINGO.

13. Jayelles

Undertheradar posted his/her theory at Purgatory too.

I absolutely sympathise with Rod Westmoreland - UndertheRadar was obviously a whacko... but at least his theory wasn't taken seriously by the other posters.

OTOH, members of jameson's forums post equally if not more vile accusations against Fleet White and others and their fellow posters DO take them seriously (even encourage them).

I don't know why they are whooping with joy about this. Some of the people they have defamed might be watching this with interest.

14. Jayelles

Exactly :)... I'm sure there are a lot of people who will ask the same question!

(Incidenatlly, I wonder how many people read those posts? I'll bet not as many as will read about the lawsuit!)

15. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

I've got my fingers crossed that John Doe, aka "undrtheradar", turns out to be our ol' fruitloop buddy "RHGC". The posts and mentality read almost identical to me.
    If so, RR can rename this thread "Pachaly's Revenge"... :floor:

16. RiverRat

A Reminder!

Since Tricia is now tied up in this process with Westmoreland, we have to respect the fact that she cannot make any comments, so let's not bombard her!

Love,
    The Rat

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  17. Jayelles

Actually, I've just read some of that lawsuit and it does sound as though Undertheradar has been physically stalking Rod Westmoreland. That's kind of scary.

Is there no end to the awful sideshows which accompany this case?

18. Jayelles

I'm not sure if he's still alive Bluestrat. He was a fair age and not in the best of health as I recall.

19. RiverRat

Do we know where RHGC's regional location is?

20. RiverRat

Topix is down. And I had just asked Suma if she has plans on suing me and didn't get to see her reply if she had one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice