What is the lawsuit really about?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

2. Tricia

By the way, all the "Assault" counts happened on Topix. Not on Websleuths.

3. Tricia

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

You mean, gasp, mame lied?

I'm devastated. I know BobC is devastated, too.

5. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I'm stunned.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Just Blowing Smoke, is she?

7. Watching You

I believe Smoke(y) was a she - like Morgan?

Ha!

8. shannon1233

shannon1233 Member

Forgive me for being simple minded, but you asked what is the lawsuit really about...MONEY, and INTIMIDATION, just as it always has been with Woody and the RST. It's his living, making money off of a poor dead child, while derailing the facts of the case. Simple as that, always was, always will be.

I'm more confused about #81

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1109061jonbenet22.html

Defendant continues to harass and threaten Plaintiff with UNAUTHORIZED PHYSICAL CONTACT etc.

Physical contact....do they know who undrtheradar is and has he had physical contact? They say they don't know who this poster is, so I'm confused.

Re mame lying, that's nothing new, I read her interview she did with NK for the first time last night, and found several lies. She said she didn't know where NK was, when in fact NK was staying with her as we later found out.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2006
  9. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I'm devastated too.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, Tricia for giving us all the chance to see what this is all about.

I personally think Lin Wood is also trying to put some fear into all the posters on the boards, don't you?

Over the years, I have read quite a few posts where people argue the toss with one another, but the fellow in trouble here was an idiot to have put the numbers of the other poster's home address in his post. He was a foolish fish.

Seriously, if Lin Wood starts screening all the posts for violent talk, he wouldn't need to take on any more celebrity cases, woodee? However, there wouldn't be a large payback for him here.

11. Watching You

What would be found here as compared to what this dipchit did is fluff stuff. Nobody here threatens physical harm or seriously wishes physical harm to any other posters. Well, maybe one or two that I can think of, but those couple of posters really need a good dunk or two in the lake. We point out descrepancies and speak the truth and repost some of their posts, but we are not into violence or stalking. Sometimes we get a little animated with our language, but there is still nothing that could be considered assault - self-defense, maybe, but not assault. We also like to expose hypocrites, such as jameson and mame.

Okay, I may have "assaulted" a poster or two, but it was only after they had had several chances to make things right. Groo is one who comes to mind. It really takes a lot to get me that aggrevated. She got what she asked for. I'm actually pretty mellow until someone messes with me.

Seriously, we are here for JonBenet. We are here to help defray the lies of the RST. We are NOT here to stalk other posters. If the truth doesn't agree with some and they consider the truth about themselves to be libel, then they don't know what libel really is.

12. Elle

Elle Member

I think you and all the other moderators do a fantastic job of guiding the posters here, WY. Action is taken when things get out of hand, and that's your job, and as for the all the other insults which are received from other boards, I would tackle them in exactly the same way you do. So thank you and all the mod squad for doing a great job here.:rose: :rose: :rose:

13. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I'm not stunned. I'd be stunned if mame was actually telling the truth and acting responsibly. Now THAT would be a newsflash!!

Shannon, good eye on the "threats" passage. Pondering that: I think the language turns on the word "with":

You can threaten and harass someone without having actual physical contact with them, I'm sure you know. But if UTR has physically contacted RW, even if by mail, that would be "physical" and so maybe Wood is saying UTR HAS contacted RW and threatened him.

If not, I believe this section would be clearer if written:

"Defendant continues to harass and threaten to have UNAUTHORIZED PHYSICAL CONTACT with Plaintiff...."

Or something like that.... At least, that's what I think could be the point, unless the looney has actually contacted RW in some way, in person, by mail, by email, etc. If that's the case, seems to me LE would be better involved, because then it's a bona fide stalking case. At any rate, I'm guessing, since the passage isn't all that clear.

14. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I've seen some of the posts which were made at Topix and read discussions between some of the posters there.

It seems that UTR thought that a couple of the posters there called Deb and Autumn were Rod Westmoreland and he seems to have gotten the impression that THEY (i.e RW in his mind) were threatening HIM.

He also wrote that he God was on his side. Go figure!

15. wombat

wombat Member

To answer Tricia's question: The lawsuit is about ego and money. Do I win something?

If Westmoreland's got money he had to pay Woody a hefty retainer. Woody gets money.

If the court allows the piercing of the internet veil and releases the poster's name, Woody goes on TV. Woody gets ego boost.

If the court allows the release of the poster's name, Woody makes noise about going after all the forums. We get scared. :nervous: Woody gets another ego boost.

Woody's minions research which forum owners/posters have assets and/or insurance. Woody sues them. Woody gets settlement money AND ego boost.

No ego boost or money in suing the poor.

16. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I know being named in a lawsuit is no fun, but can you believe your forum is right up there with topix.net, Tricia? Wow! :rose: Poor but powerful! Bam!

I surely agree with Elle. :gomods:

17. Amber

Amber Member

Out of which orifice?

18. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Out of whose orifice is more like it...

:floor:

19. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Look what's at topix.

undrtheradar
    AOL Reply »
    |Flag for Review 5 hrs ago

Happy New Year everyone! Just to let everyone know, I will not back down from RW or LW and their lawsuit against me, I don't care how much wealth they have. Actually I do care about how much wealth they have because my countersuit is going to target that wealth, lord knows I can use it. And just in case they decide to drop the lawsuit, I will still continue with mines. It has been said by someone that I must have intimate knowledge of RW's house because of the things that I have said, such as the wine celler. In fact, all you have to do is google RW's name and the search engine will have a hit called "Atlanta wine auction" and this is where I got my information. So all of the so-called intimate information is actually public knowledge. You will be hearing more about undr in 2007 including my true identity because I will not run and hide from anyone, especially LW and RW.

20. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

In reference to Lin Wood's lawsuit on behalf of Rod Westmoreland ...

According to p. 17 of the Westmoreland suit dated 6 November 2006 and filed in a US District Court that same day, item #63 says:

"As a direct and proximate result of the false accusations maliciously published by Defendant, Plaintiff has suffered special damages in that he has suffered a permanent impairment to his ability to obtain or maintain gainful employment."

The above statement would lead one to believe that Rod Westmoreland had become "damaged goods" in the job market, and was finding it difficult to "obtain" work or "maintain" a job.

On 14 November 2006, just one week after the lawsuit was filed, I spoke with a person at the Atlanta Merrill Lynch office and asked for Rod Westmoreland. I was transferred to someone who answered "Westmoreland Group." That person affirmed that Rod Westmoreland worked there. She stated that he was out of the office (traveling) at that time, but only until the end of the week.

Rod Westmoreland is NOT unemployed. He still works as head of a major financial investment group that bears his name, and therefore has not suffered permanent impairment to his ability to maintain gainful employment.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice