More on Baby Midyette on O'Reilly Now!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Carol, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Carol

Carol Member

Sorry for the short notice but I just saw on O'Reilly that one of the stories he will be covering tonight is a follow-up on the Jason Midyette case.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, Carol, what would we do without your alerts?

I've tried to keep my eye on O'Reilly the last week to see any follow-up, but haven't caught any. I'll try not to miss this tonight.

3. koldkase

OH MY GOD!!! :sponge:

4. Carol

Carol Member

You're very welcome, koldkase. Did you watch it? My jaw dropped! O'Reilly was even angrier than last week! He said, and I'm trying to remember as best I can, that there is something very wrong in Boulder. You can go there, kill the kids, and you can walk!

Dan Caplis was his guest. O'Reilly asked him if Mary Lacy is not pursuing this because the baby's grandfather owns half of Boulder. Caplis thinks that Lacy is afraid of the big guns that the Midyettes have hired. She is afraid of the fight. O'Reilly said, What fight? The parents beat their baby. There was no nanny. Caplis said some pretty harsh things: Lacy is a bully of a DA; she overcharges poor blacks but wilts when confronted with top-gun attorneys.

Caplis went on to say that since O'Reilly show last week the Colorado Attorney General has turned up the heat on Lacy.

5. Amber

Amber Member

More...give me more;)

6. koldkase

Well, O'Reilly had Caplis on, and he minced no words about Lacy's accomplishments...or lack thereof...as DA of Boulder.

Caplis said that Lacy OVERCHARGES POOR BLACKS, but is intimidated by powerful lawyers of rich people.

O'Reilly said that there is nothing here to be intimidated about: the child was murdered in the care of his parents, charge them, bring them to trial, let the jury decide.

O'Reilly also mentioned things like...oh...BOULDER SENDING OUT A MESSAGE TO CHILD KILLERS, COME HERE, YOU CAN KILL YOUR KID AND GET AWAY WITH IT!

O'Reilly mentioned specifically JONBENET RAMSEY was murdered, the killer got away with that, now the same is happening with Jason Midyette.

Caplis said that the Boulder DA's attorneys only tried about 2 cases per year each, making the point that they aren't very experienced.

O'Reilly asked WHERE IS THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF CO? He also asked about the NEWS ORGANIZATIONS IN COLORADO, particularly naming The Daily Camera and the Denver press, why aren't THEY covering this case.

Good questions, O'Reilly. Same thing we've asked about A MILLION TIMES.

Well, it was a great segment, because the truth was told. Not that it will penetrate The Republic of Boulder....

7. koldkase

Yeah, and what temp is this case up to now? 33 degrees F?

8. Carol

Carol Member

It was a better segment than last week in some ways because they minced no words! I hope O'Reilly keeps reporting on the story. Actually, I'm sure he will - once he gets a hold of something, especially involving children, he doesn't let go.

9. koldkase

I agree, Carol. I'm not criticizing O'Reilly, I'm grateful that he in fact is speaking out about this, as I don't see anyone else indignant about it on the interview shows. I missed the CTV report and discussion on it, but I hope they continue as well. It may be too late for JonBenet, but if they get Lacy off the Midyette case, perhaps there's a chance this brutalized and murdered infant will get some level of justice, if he got no love and care in his short life.

But they better hurry. The Boulder DA has many years of experience in how to ruin a child murder case fast.

10. wombat

wombat Member

Bwah!! THAT is a great strategy to finally get this nitwit out of office. If it's true, and knowing our Mary it probably is, she needs to be investigated for civil rights violations by the US Dept of Justice.

Can you see the press conference now? Limousine Liberal Lacy standing there and defending her not-prejudiced status? With a phalanx of 100% white lawyers standing behind her?

At least the Colorado AG is turning up the heat, according to Caplis. It is an outrageous violation of the public trust to let baby killers walk free, and it has to gall real prosecuters to see what goes on in Boulder.

Lacy knows that she can't win a conviction in the case because SHE'S INCOMPETENT.

Hey, does anybody know who the baby killers' lawyers are this time?

11. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2006/nov/16/slain-baby-in-national-news/

Slain baby in national news
    Boulder DA under fire for 9-month investigation
    By Christine Reid (Contact)
    Thursday, November 16, 2006

Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy may have thought the days of being hounded by the media were over after clearing John Mark Karr in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey.

But the prosecutor's reprieve was brief: Now she's facing public scrutiny regarding the unsolved death of a 10-week- old Louisville baby.

STORY TOOLS
    E-mail story
    Comments
    iPod friendly
    Printer friendly
    More County News
    City workers up for raise
    Boulder gamers camp for PS3
    Callers flood comment lines
    The death in March of Jason Midyette — which the Boulder County Coroner's Office ruled a homicide — has resulted in no arrests, and now the case has caught the attention of national media outlets, bloggers and Internet sleuths questioning why the case remains unsolved after nine months. A Fox News crew was on Lacy's doorstep last week seeking answers about the case.

Lacy says she's not talking, no matter how much she's criticized, because the investigation remains open.

Jason Midyette died of a closed head injury a week after his parents took him to the emergency room at Boulder Community Hospital. The 8-pound boy suffered from 28 broken bones in various stages of healing, including a skull fracture, doctors reported.

Jason's parents — Alex Midyette, 27, and Molly Midyette, 28 — have declined to talk to police.

Lacy became a regular news bite around the world after her arrest in August of Karr, whose DNA later cleared him of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey's 1996 slaying in her parents' 15th Street home.

Fox News personalities Bill O'Reilly and Greta Van Susteren, who reported on Karr's arrest, have now picked up on the Midyette case. Wednesday night, O'Reilly's show included commentary regarding the case from Denver radio personality Dan Caplis, whose show over the past two days has been critical of Lacy's treatment of the Midyette case.

Jason Midyette has also become a popular blog subject for online sleuths, who write of conspiracies between police, prosecutors and well-to-do suspects.

Court TV's Web site has received more hits on the Midyette story than any other, according to Chuck Hustmyre, its online reporter covering the case.

One Internet posting board about Jason's death on topix.net asks posters to e-mail Gov. Bill Owens and Colorado Attorney General John Suthers to complain about the case's lack of progress.

Both offices reported Wednesday they had received no such correspondence, but Kristen Holtzman of Suthers' office said she received a call from Fox News.

"That was the first time I had ever heard of this case," she said.

She said the attorney general's criminal justice unit head has a call into Lacy's office to get more information.

Lacy said the Fox reporters who showed up at her home early on Nov. 6 were "quite aggressive," but she insists she has not paid any attention to the Midyette case media coverage.

She declined to say anything about the case.

"I can't comment on a pending investigation," Lacy said. "They can't get to know. ... We just can't (talk)."

Former Adams County District Attorney Bob Grant said prosecutors shouldn't feel pressure because the media is covering a case.

"It never did on me, and I'm sure that's not the motivation in Mary's office," he said.

University of Colorado journalism associate professor Len Ackland said some news outlets exploit criminal cases such as Jason Midyette's death to bolster ratings.

"An informed public is the heart of a democracy. ... But at the same time it has to be real news, not just pumped-up sensationalism," Ackland said. "People have a pretty low opinion of the news media because some of what they get isn't news, it's hyped opinion. We seem to be getting more and more of it, and that's unfortunate."

Contact Camera Staff Writer Christine Reid at (303) 473-1355 or reidc@dailycamera.com.

12. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Slow Death Of The "Old Boys Club"

Because of the blatant nature of Lacey’s incompetence, we are finally seeing public outrage, and who better than O’Reilly to expose that nasty “Old boys Club†of secrets. (Heretofore devoid of the female species.) Whoever nominated Lacey for the Club has probably been sent back to puppet school to take a refresher course in “Keeping rich perverts safe 101.â€

Too late, boys; there are some big guns on you now. Whereas our little Forum has been on to you for years, we didn’t have the clout of an O’Reilly to expose, so grandly, your immoral and illegal behavior.

This is the dawn of a new age, the age of child protection. Public apathy will be replaced with demands for accountability among all law enforcement officials, especially when it concerns our children.
    :leaf:

13. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Thanks for Spade for bringing this case to our attention. Topics and CTV was mentioned in the article. I don't read there, but I had been emailing all the networks begging them to cover the case and Greta did email me back a few weeks ago. But her segment was disappointing, as was the Lineups. Only O'Reilly is calling it like it is.

I just emailed the Attorney General (who according to the article was not aware of this case!) and our pal, Gov. Owens.
    Can't hurt.

14. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

15. Thor

Thor Active Member

Maybe it's because I'm not in a good mood today, or that I learned our gas bill is going up almost 10 percent next year, but everytime I see this quote from Hair Curtains I just get furious:

She declined to say anything about the case.

"I can't comment on a pending investigation," Lacy said. "They can't get to know. ... We just can't (talk)."

She is a biotch. I hated The Hunted (yes hated), but I think I hate this :(:(:(:(ant even more. She's around my age and if I do say so myself, I look ten years younger than that hag. Idiot. Go O'Reilly and kick azz.

16. koldkase

Wow, thanks for that link to topix.

And it's the USUAL SUSPECTS: Outrage that a child murderer is given a first class flight out of justic; friends who LOVE the Midyettes and are ANGRY that ANYONE would even THINK that the precious and loving parents would be QUESTIONED, as THEY JUST WANT TO BURY THEIR SON AND GET ON WITH THEIR LIVES!!

I swear, is this a PR company who writes and talks from a script? Maybe jams has found her true place in society and is now defending baby killers professionally.

There are reporters on the thread who are requesting contacts with the posters who claim to KNOW the Midyettes. There are two people who posted on this thread who claim that the father of the baby brutalized them. One says nothing was done by LE and he had to have reconstructive surgery. He also says he posted this info before at Topix and it was removed.

So obviously, daddy's money is protecting him, and once again, Lacy is going along.

17. koldkase

Thanks, Sabrina, for staying on this and working to get it noticed. I think we all need to mount your email campaign and maybe even start calling the Governor and AG. Takes a lot to get their attention, and I'm positive they're in bed with the same powerful lawyers Lacy courts, but we can try. Like you said, it takes the big names in the press to get attention, and I'm going to write O'Reilly and thank him for his work on this and encourage him to keep going, because IF HISTORY IS ANY INDICATOR, LACY WILL NOT ACT AGAINST THE RICH.

Think about John Karr: if he had real money and he did what he did, Lacy wouldn't have even IMAGINED dragging him here from Thailand like she did.

18. koldkase

I know, Thor, it's hard to sit silent while watching baby killers being protected by a DA whose sworn oath, as well as MORAL responsibility, is to UPHOLD THE LAW AND SEEK JUSTICE FOR MURDER VICTIMS. Not Lacy. She can't even be bothered to ANSWER QUESTIONS about a CHILD MURDER UNDER HER JURISDICTION.

BUT NOTHING STOPPED HER FROM COMMENTING TO THE PRESS ON THE CARNES DECISION IN THE RAMSEY CASE, DID IT?

19. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, and the Ramsey case is still an "on-going investigation," isn't it? (cough)

Looks like MaryStupidLacy has a double standard going ... flaps her gums wide when it suits her purpose, but shuts her pie-hole tight when she knows she's in trouble.

20. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Infuriating!

Lacy bends over for the rich....I can see old 'hair curtains' giggling and kowtowing to the lawyers.

Lacy bends over for the suspect parents of murdered children......a coroner rules out brittle bones and says the cause of death is by homicide!

Who will speak up for poor little Jason, tortured and murdered when the parents don't?

Funny the Midyettes have not put up a hot line for tips, nor a reward for information for the killer of their baby.... has Jason become another THAT child?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice