Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 318
  1. #61

    Default 48 HRS and DATELINE

    I confess.

    I watch these shows slavishly. And I find them fascinating. But sometimes I know more about the featured case than is presented in the hour, which is of course a limited amount of time, but it does make me wonder about the slant of the shows.

    48 HRS is going to feature an interview with Michael Tracey, I see, and I have to wonder if they are going to ask him tough questions about all of his other "suspects".

    48 HRS covered the Nancy Seaman murder trial for the hatchet slaying of her estranged husband Robert which Nancy claimed was in self-defense. 48 HRS swooped down and a lot of people felt very disheartened, betrayed in fact, after they saw the show on the murder.

    DATELINE covered the murder trial of Justin Barber who claimed that his wife April was killed in a botched "robbery" not by him, as the jury believed. DATELINE was much more credulous towards the defendant than I would have been. I was very disappointed.

    So much of these shows, limited in time as they are, depends utterly on the editing of the material and that depends on their point of view. I have to wonder about their point of view. That should depend on the FACTS, nothing else.

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyboomer
    48 HRS is going to feature an interview with Michael Tracey, I see, and I have to wonder if they are going to ask him tough questions about all of his other "suspects".
    Tough questions? Ha. Not on your life.

    The program will be slanted in Tracey's favor, and will be more of an infomercial than an interview.

    For one thing, CBS and Erin Moriarity are die-hard Ramsey lovers. Tricia and others have tried to talk to them about presenting the other side of the story, but they're not interested.

    For another thing, Michael Tracey will only talk to media that is biased in his favor. When Geraldo did the piece in August on how Gigax was slandered by Tracey in his third crocumentary, they couldn't get Tracey to come on the program, or even answer their questions.

    Tracey is a wimp when it comes to media he can't control. He would not be appearing on 48 Hours unless he was assured it was all going to be favorable to him. I'm sure he's demanded to see a list of questions, and only those he approved will be asked.

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    Tough questions? Ha. Not on your life.

    The program will be slanted in Tracey's favor, and will be more of an infomercial than an interview.

    For one thing, CBS and Erin Moriarity are die-hard Ramsey lovers. Tricia and others have tried to talk to them about presenting the other side of the story, but they're not interested.

    For another thing, Michael Tracey will only talk to media that is biased in his favor. When Geraldo did the piece in August on how Gigax was slandered by Tracey in his third crocumentary, they couldn't get Tracey to come on the program, or even answer their questions.

    Tracey is a wimp when it comes to media he can't control. He would not be appearing on 48 Hours unless he was assured it was all going to be favorable to him. I'm sure he's demanded to see a list of questions, and only those he approved will be asked.
    So, if one were to do an analogy (is that the appropriate word?) here, one might say "CBS is to Tracey as the Boulder DA's office is/was to the Ramseys"?

    Little

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little
    So, if one were to do an analogy (is that the appropriate word?) here, one might say "CBS is to Tracey as the Boulder DA's office is/was to the Ramseys"?

    Little
    Yeah, it's all just a free-love love-fest. They are all enamored of each other and believe their own BS. It's disgusting, and it's frustrating. Big media won't ask the hard questions or touch the truth. That's why Lin Wood is going after the Internet. It's the last bastion of intelligent and truly free reporting.
    Last edited by Cherokee; November 19, 2006, 10:10 pm at Sun Nov 19 22:10:10 UTC 2006.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    574

    Default

    IMHO Team Ramsey are not being as clever as they think.

    People will have seen all the media frenzy about OJ and 'if I did it'...here comes JR at exactly the same time and in people's minds they will be
    associated, no matter what slant he puts on it. You DO NOT want to be seen as being on a par with OJ.

    Why doesn't someone here write to Carol McKinnley, especially now with the Midyette case beginning to get momentum?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber
    IMHO Team Ramsey are not being as clever as they think.

    People will have seen all the media frenzy about OJ and 'if I did it'...here comes JR at exactly the same time and in people's minds they will be
    associated, no matter what slant he puts on it. You DO NOT want to be seen as being on a par with OJ.

    Why doesn't someone here write to Carol McKinnley, especially now with the Midyette case beginning to get momentum?
    Excellent point. If I were a certain Ramsey male, I would try like anything to get that interview pulled. Just like when Patsey referenced Susan Smith - not a good association to make, hon.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

    MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

  7. #67

    Default

    I wonder how much promo CBS is going to do for this. We should watch for that this week.

    If there are tons of commercials and internet ads, maybe we can hope for new info. Like, Patsy wrote the ransom note. After almost 10 years, no national TV reporter has shown Patsy's handwriting next to the ransom note. She's dead, people - go for it!

    I doubt it though - the only hooks they had in that preview were 1) evidence could have exonerated the Rs and 2) JOHN MARK KARR IS NOT OUT OF TROUBLE!!!

    Another inverview with Tripp and Ratface. Ho Hum. We can't even hope for Tracey to be interviewed right after he's come from the pub, like the last time he was on LKL.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber
    People will have seen all the media frenzy about OJ and 'if I did it'...here comes JR at exactly the same time and in people's minds they will be
    associated, no matter what slant he puts on it. You DO NOT want to be seen as being on a par with OJ.
    Speaking of which, people should not forget this moment from the Ramsey interview on the Christian Broadcasting Network in 2000:

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=yaK2RstdQQw

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,481

    Default

    This is beyond disgusting. They are reveling in their supposed Christianity, lecturing the minister by saying that even the murderer, or especially the murderer, should be welcomed into church.

    My God, if one of my boys died in the way JonBenet did, I would never smile again, not like that smug sneer John Ramsey wears. The only thing I can ever see on his face is "Eat this, I got away with it you stupid bastids."

    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

    MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    John Ramsey said, he hoped the minister would let them in the church if they were murderers, and that Jesus addressed the worst of the worst.

    All's well with the world, I guess, when you look at life in this way, WN.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    574

    Default

    OJ : IF I did it...

    JR : What IF we WERE murderers?

    This is no hypothetical christian debate...their daughter was murdered...yet they find the whole thing hysterical...'the worst of the worst'?...well put JR...well put.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    3,481

    Default

    This time, the minister, the "ordained minister in the church," as he put it, was less than convinced. He didn't slurp them up like the Hawaiian guy did. The final shot was his face, which has an expression of something more like, "Yeah, RIGHT!"

    If he even asked this question, it must mean he feels they are involved in some way.

    "That's a problem that WE CHRISTIANS have," says John, as he laughingly draws a parallel between them and the minister. Ha ha ha ha, it's all good, John, you are SO GOOD and you are IN THE CLUB, hahahaha.

    This giggle-fest makes me ill.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

    MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!



Similar Threads

  1. John Ramsey: It's still about HIM
    By Barbara in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: August 6, 2009, 8:43 pm, Thu Aug 6 20:43:09 UTC 2009
  2. Ramsey on 48 Hours
    By JC in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: November 25, 2007, 7:17 pm, Sun Nov 25 19:17:37 UTC 2007
  3. Not Now, John Ramsey
    By RiverRat in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: January 25, 2005, 7:06 am, Tue Jan 25 7:06:11 UTC 2005
  4. "RE: Margoo's soapbox again" - John Ramsey compared to Marc Klaas & John Walsh
    By "J_R" in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: June 25, 2004, 12:25 pm, Fri Jun 25 12:25:46 UTC 2004
  5. Patsy Ramsey & John Ramsey - BPD Interviews (Atlanta) - August 28, 2000
    By Tricia in forum Transcripts: Ramsey murder case
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 15, 2004, 1:29 am, Sat May 15 1:29:53 UTC 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •