John Ramsey Sorry For Karr

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Sabrina, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5166388,00.html

Ramsey sorry for Karr
    JonBenet's father gives first interview since wife's death, suspect's arrest

By Charlie Brennan And Todd Hartman, Rocky Mountain News
    November 24, 2006
    John Ramsey used to talk about tearing his daughter's killer limb from limb.
    But once a man - John Mark Karr - was in custody in connection with the crime, Ramsey's attitude softened.

In an interview to be broadcast Saturday, Ramsey voices empathy for the man arrested but later released after he confessed to JonBenet's slaying.

"After a while, he was so abused and vilified and convicted in the media that I started to feel sorry for the guy," Ramsey told "48 Hours Mystery" correspondent Erin Moriarty in his first interview since his wife Patsy's death and Karr's arrest.

"You have this expectation that absolute evil is going to be ugly and dark and reprehensible. Here, you know, is a nice clean-cut looking young man."

Karr was arrested in Bangkok on Aug. 15, after he professed to have intimate knowledge of how JonBenet died, in a series of e-mails with CU professor Michael Tracey. Karr was released Aug. 28 after Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy announced that Karr's DNA didn't match evidence from the crime scene.

The "48 Hours" broadcast reveals - via federal investigators who speak on camera - that Karr remains a person of interest in JonBenet's death on Christmas night 1996. The investigators are looking into his travels and contacts with children in other countries.

"They say quite clearly they're still investigating Karr because of his discussions where he seemed to know so much more about the (murder of JonBenet) than he should," Moriarty said.

She added that federal investigators remain interested in the possibility that two people were involved, and that Karr could be linked to the killing through a second person.

In their interviews, Department of Homeland Security agents also provide more detail about Karr's involvement with young girls in Thailand, some of it from what they observed on surveillance tapes.

"They became very concerned about his behavior with children," Moriarty said.

The "48 Hours" interview with John Ramsey took place over two days in October in Charlevoix, Mich.

John Ramsey acknowledged he has some concerns that Karr, whose own family says he is obsessed, might show up at his home.

"You can't live your life in fear, but, you know, we tend to be careful," he said.

Moriarty said that Ramsey, who turns 63 on Dec. 7, placed no conditions on the interview. "He seemed very relaxed, at peace and open to any question," Moriarty said. "There was nothing that he said 'I'd rather not talk' about.

The interview originally had been scheduled to take place earlier in the year and was to include Patsy Ramsey, JonBenet's mother, who died of cancer June 24. The interview was postponed when Patsy's health deteriorated.

On the broadcast, Ramsey recounted the difficulty of his wife's final moments.

The hospital staff "told me that I needed to tell her that in so many words that we'd given up (the fight against cancer). . . . That was hard. I just said, 'If you're ready to go, it's OK to go.' "

Moriarty said that Ramsey expressed disappointment in the way the case against Karr evaporated, and that he still seemed intrigued by certain facts that surfaced, including news that Karr once signed a high school yearbook S-B-T-C, matching the mysterious "S.B.T.C." sign-off to the ransom note in JonBenet's case.

Although Ramsey said some people always will suspect that he was involved in his daughter's death, he said many others now believe that he and his wife are innocent.

"He seems at peace with that," Moriarty said. "He also said he is not going to just disappear. He doesn't want people to forget this case. He doesn't want it to become some cold case that's not solved. And if that means he has to be in the public eye, he'll do that."

brennanc@RockyMountainNews.com or 303-954-2742

2. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

He should be sorry, since his actions are directly responsible for bringing that freak back onto U.S. soil. In his own way, Karr is just another Ramsey bus victim.

3. heymom

heymom Member

When Karr showed up, I thought that he would "kill himself" while in custody, thereby closing the case forever. After all, why would someone commit "suicide" unless he were guilty? That plan didn't materialize, but hang on for the next bus victim.

4. rashomon

rashomon Member

Very interesting (but not surprising in the least imo) that John Ramsey felt sorry for Karr but just callously said to Patsy "If you're ready to go, it's OK to go."

For a Patsy who will forever remain silent can only serve JR's purpose.

And of course John Ramsey simply KNEW that Karr never was in the Ramsey home. Which is why right from the start he tried to downplay the Karr issue, telling people not to jump to premature conclusions, etc.

5. Tez

Tez Member

Personally, I don't give a rat's behind what John says until he is arrested.

He feels sorry for Karr? WTF? He helped get him over here. I can see how he is searching for his daughter's killer, just like OJ.

That man makes me sick.

6. Tril

Tril Member

Yeah, John, [​IMG] ?! Your team tried its best to railroad Karr, and now you say you feel sorry for him?

'Sides that, John, how could you feel sorry for Karr after all the disgusting fantasies he described involving JonBenet? echhh!

7. Tez

Tez Member

John's nothing but an old perv IMO. Go ahead and sue me Woody, I don't have any money.

8. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

NY Post Ramsey Article:

MOM'S JONBENET HOPE
    HUBBY: SHE DIED THINKING KARR DID IT
    By DAVID K. LI

FINAL FIGHT: Patsy Ramsey, seen as she was dying of ovarian cancer, was “fighting off the rest of the world†in her final days.
    November 24, 2006 -- JonBenet Ramsey's mom went to the grave "fighting off the rest of the world" - and believing her little girl's killer was about to be caught and brought to justice, according to her heartbroken husband, John Ramsey.

In his first interview since the stunning arrest and dismissal of charges against pervy suspect John Mark Karr, Ramsey praised his late wife as a dedicated mom who adored her family.

"It was kind of like Patsy and I against the world," Ramsey told '48 Hours Mystery' " in an edition that will air on CBS tomorrow at 10 p.m.

"And we were back to back, fighting off the rest of the world to protect our family."

The seemingly idyllic life of John and Patsy Ramsey forever changed after Christmas 1996, when their 6-year-old daughter, JonBenet, was found strangled in their Boulder, Colo., basement.

The Ramseys have vehemently denied any involvement in the murder, which riveted the country - and remains unsolved a decade later, despite evidence that has come in from around the world.

For a while last August, it appeared the case had been solved when cops in Thailand picked up the creepy Karr, who had confessed to killing the beauty queen. Karr was living in Bangkok, teaching children and reportedly preparing for a sex-change operation.

He was returned to Colorado, but Boulder prosecutors dropped murder charges on Aug. 28 after DNA tests couldn't link him to the Ramsey house and witnesses put him thousands of miles away on the night of the murder.

The public spectacle of Karr's arrest and release even had Ramsey feeling sympathy for the oddball teacher.

"I started to feel sorry for the guy . . . which was a bizarre feeling," John Ramsey said.

The CBS report says that more than 60 potential suspects have been cleared by DNA tests over the years.

Despite her rapidly declining health this past spring and summer, Patsy Ramsey was encouraged that her daughter's killer might soon be brought to justice, John Ramsey said.

Rest of article:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/1124200...ms_jonbenet_hope_nationalnews_david_k__li.htm

9. Tez

Tez Member

Patsy and John just needed to look in a mirror to find the real killers.

10. Thor

Thor Active Member

John Ramsey is demented and is a sick man, that's how. Can you imagine anyone saying this stuff about your 6 year old and going on TV saying this? He is a puke and a Lizard Tongue.

11. tylin

tylin Banned

Ditto...nothing more to add. :winko:

12. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I'm sick and angered beyond words. So let's do something about it. I suggest an e-mailing campaign.

13. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Erin Moriaty doesn't do hardball interviews....so why not say no question barred since she won't ask John anything pertenant.

John feels sorry for Karr....hah!....yeah....righttttttttttttt

14. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Although Ramsey said some people always will suspect that he was involved in his daughter's death, he said many others now believe that he and his wife are innocent. :unreal:

"He seems at peace with that," Moriarty said. "He also said he is not going to just disappear. He doesn't want people to forget this case. He doesn't want it to become some cold case that's not solved. And if that means he has to be in the public eye, he'll do that."

:cool:

15. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Fortunately for the Ramseys, those who suspect/know of their involvement in his daughter's death also are the highly paid (off) people in high places who kept them out of prison. Otherwise, those who truly believe they are innocent are sorely outnumbered by those with a brain.

The public eye? He DISAPPEARED as soon as JMK came on the scene. Maybe he's gonna run again for office or he's slowly coming back on the scene and will be introducing us to the NEW, or soon to be NEW Mrs. Ramsey.

In ten years, we have heard John and Patsy feel sorry for so many people and not once, have they stated how sorry they felt for JonBenet. He's speaking out on Karr and never mentioned how horrible it was for his daughter.

:lier:

16. Elle

Elle Member

No doubt about it, JC. Patsy and John Ramsey threw themselves right into the public eye, when they appeared on CNN immediately after the murder, but this was the Ramseys banking on this psychological move, making the public think they were not guilty because "they were" appearing on TV. As if they had nothing to hide.

They had to keep up their planning and scheming, to make their plan work.

17. Catfish

Catfish Member

Reporter: John Mark Karr Still a Suspect in JonBenet Ramsey's Death

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,231921,00.html

Creepy kid-lover John Mark Karr may have been set free as a bird after DNA failed to link him to the killing of JonBenet Ramsey — but a new report says authorities still think he may have had some role in the 6-year-old beauty queen's horrific death.

The federal government is investigating Karr for a link to JonBenet, and fears that he may have been part of some larger conspiracy to kill her, a prober told the CBS news show "48 Hours Mystery" in an episode airing tonight at 10 p.m.

CBS reporter Erin Moriarty says the feds are still suspicious about Karr because of the way he talked about the killing and his love of little girls in e-mail letters to a University of Colorado journalism professor named Michael Tracey.

"He is still being investigated for two reasons," Moriarty said. "Because much of what he put on e-mail and said to Michael Tracey has panned out, and there could be children who could be harmed by John Mark Karr."

18. heymom

heymom Member

This is for Erin: :rs: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :stupid1: :404: :moron:

"LARGER CONSPIRACY????" What is THAT? You idiot. If the feds are that stupid, then God help all of us. I think it's just a lie. She's gulped the RST Kool-aid.

19. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Sounds like CYA to me.

Only people who don't know the case like we do. That's the part that really angers me.

I think I'm gonna puke.

20. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I GOTTA say:

I'm with Heymom on this one. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :rs:

It's times like this when I begin to question my own sanity! Foreign factions? Larger conspiracy???? One legged intruder from Jupiter with no fingerprints and no clothes, or possibly a three legged intruder, a group of intruders, Helgoth, Oliva, Gigax, Santa, and now, lo and behold, JOHN MARK KARR! :wtf:

Is it just me? Is it just us? While we folks might be knowledgeable and there are so many bright lights on the forums, the greatest forensic minds and intellects in law enforcement AROUND THE WORLD, believe, at least the majority believe, that the Ramsey family are the ONLY people to suspect.

I'm starting to think we're all insane

:couch:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice